Gun Comparison!

leadly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

I have an odd request!

I'm in the market for a hi capa and have the age old question of do I get a 4.3 or the 5.1?

Now I have a TM MK23 so I don't mind a larger pistol so wondered, for those who have a 4.3, 5.1 and a MK23 @Steveocee (*cough cough), would you mind taking a few snaps at your nearest convenience pretty please.

Mainly interested in the comparison of length and overall thickness of the pistol.

The 4.3 is at the top of the list at the moment!

Hope to use it for CQB and some pistol action at Anzio.

Thanks in advance xx

Edited by leadly

• Supporters

I'll tell you what I was told when I asked the exact same question when I was looking - get the 5.1, there's way more aftermarket bits for it.

Of course, if you plan on running it stock it doesn't matter.

The slide and outer barrel is slight longer that's it performance wise you would be trying hard to find a difference. Go with the one you like the look of. Other than the grip the hi capa is the same width as a 1911. The grip us about as wide as the mk23 but is shorter horizontally. The hi capa It's not a big pistol.

Edited by BigStew

My plan is to run it stock (famous last words) until something breaks and then replace things that way.

I love the looks of the silver TM 5.1 but had concerns about the paint coming off. I've only seen one YouTube video of it happening but it's in my head now!

Thanks for the replies so far guys!!

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, leadly said:

concerns about the paint coming off

3 minutes ago, leadly said:

My plan is to run it stock (famous last words) until something breaks and then replace things that way.

Answered your own dilemma there!

7 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Answered your own dilemma there!

Damn, your good!

12 minutes ago, leadly said:

I love the looks of the silver TM 5.1 but had concerns about the paint coming off. I've only seen one YouTube video of it happening but it's in my head now!

Thanks for the replies so far guys!!

The sliver is pretty but it did start to wear straight away. Only way would be to sort it would be to put a few layers of clear coat or use a lined holster.

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, leadly said:

Damn, your good!

It's why they pay me the big bucks.

Mind you, once the paint wears off there's a bajillion aftermarket slides and frames for the hi-capas so you can have whatever colour of shiny your heart desires!

Personal preference at the end of the day. I can't do a comparison to an Mk23 as I sold both of mine.

4.3 Vs 5.1 isn't an argument to be had.

Parts are virtually the same for both, the ONLY thing that is hard to find for 4.3's are slides and if you run a 4.3 with a 120% recoil spring on green then either will be fine on all but the very hottest of days.

5.1 makes more FPS due to barrel length.

4.3 has slightly less chance of splitting it's slide stock (they're a bit thicker in the polymer).

Personally - I use a 4.3 as my sniper side arm and 5.1(s) as indoor primary. None are stock. A lightweight BBU is a fantastic upgrade.

4.3 All black edition from fire Support for £115 is a killer deal!

Edited by Steveocee

£10 more and I can get a 5.1 in black. Seems to me that (I could be wrong) but the first thing that may fail will be the slide and if I'll struggle to find one for a 4.3 then it looks like the 5.1 might be the better choice.

26 minutes ago, leadly said:

£10 more and I can get a 5.1 in black. Seems to me that (I could be wrong) but the first thing that may fail will be the slide and if I'll struggle to find one for a 4.3 then it looks like the 5.1 might be the better choice.

Aluminium slides are hard to find. Plenty of 3d printed about. I'm just waiting on a prototype from someone about to launch some. Expecting BIG things.

1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

Aluminium slides are hard to find. Plenty of 3d printed about. I'm just waiting on a prototype from someone about to launch some. Expecting BIG things.

If his barrels are anything to go by, the slides will be superbly toleranced and feather weight

I'm in no rush to buy anyway, apart from when payday hits and my wallet starts to smoulder!

Who's the man that makes the things?

If it’s who I think it is, it’s Makeit3D and HiCapaHub is a stockist

Oooooooh, just been in their Facebook page. Those slides look very nice indeed!

I have the 4.3 but I find it easier to get 5.1 parts such slide and sights when looking.

I placed mine in carbine kit anyways and it works for 4.3 and 5.1 with an adpater for the bottom part if using 5.1.

IMG_20210420_170630945.jpg

c1.jpg

@Alimcd @leadly

Indeed it is MakeIt3D - I've had 2 of his outer barrels and they are AMAZING. Tolerances are extremely tight.

I asked him to make me a 4.3 outer barrel with external threads (so I can run a 5.1 inner barrel) on my Battlecat build which is currently in production but as you do you get chatting and having a spare 4.3 knocking about Matt asked if I'd like to trial one of the new slides. Obviously I did a backflip at the chance lol.

I'm booked in at Hells Airsoft (Stenson Fields) which is a new CQB site on May 18th from 9am to 10pm so it should get a bloody good testing then.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, GothicGhost said:

I have the 4.3 but I find it easier to get 5.1 parts such slide and sights when looking.

I placed mine in carbine kit anyways and it works for 4.3 and 5.1 with an adpater for the bottom part if using 5.1.

IMG_20210420_170630945.jpg

c1.jpg

1342297576_giphy(4).gif.fab9d06347f1a38d92ef9e87edc03395.gif

I mean, if you want an SMG, just get an SMG. Why buy a pistol and negate all its design benefits?

40 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

@Alimcd @leadly

Indeed it is MakeIt3D - I've had 2 of his outer barrels and they are AMAZING. Tolerances are extremely tight.

I asked him to make me a 4.3 outer barrel with external threads (so I can run a 5.1 inner barrel) on my Battlecat build which is currently in production but as you do you get chatting and having a spare 4.3 knocking about Matt asked if I'd like to trial one of the new slides. Obviously I did a backflip at the chance lol.

I'm booked in at Hells Airsoft (Stenson Fields) which is a new CQB site on May 18th from 9am to 10pm so it should get a bloody good testing then.

Ah that's a shame, I'm on nights. I think we were going to book on the 20th. I'm sure I'll catch you at some point @Steveocee to have a gander at your toys!

I bet you were buzzing to be asked to test it!!!

What's the crack magazine wise? From a MK23 point of view my TM mags leaks, my 3 ASG mags are perfect.

I've got 3 AA mags for my AAP-01 and 2 extended WE mags that I've had no issue with.

Are TM mags the goto for the Hi capa or are WE an acceptable alternative?

Mag-wise, I can only speak from personal experience 

• TM mags - feed and hold gas. 
• KJ/Nov mags - feed, CO2 mags leak and the gas mags had wildly inconsistent outputs for me. 
•AW mags - hold gas fine but router doesn’t seem to seal all that well with elite/aip nozzles.

• Guarder mags - super lightweight. Fill valves are good quality. Had some feed issues that required filing of the inside bottom of feedlips. Bit wobbly in some grips.

• WE mags - feed reliably and gas tight but (not sure if psychosomatic) seemed to cool down quicker than the TM.

The WE ones should be absolutely fine, the cool down issue is likely a non issue if you’re planning on running the stock TM slide 

Cheers @Alimcd

Thought it was worth asking incase the TM mags aren't in stock when I order.

Oh oh oh, last question...

Ok probably not the last question but what sort of weight is everyone chucking about?

Was thinking about some 0.28's? Although, because of lazyness I've been throwing 0.32's in everything recently. Apart from my sniper.....mainly because I've not been using it!

I’ve bought a few K Geoff’s 0.36’s to run outdoors. The actual engagement range when I pull a pistol, I could probably be as effective with 0.2’s!

With something like an Autobot (maybe + I key) you can lift some heavy stuff, I guess it’s more down to what you’re comfortable spending. The Geoff’s work out to be about £12.50/1000, so with my tight, Scottish blood, I’m going to wince with every pull of the trigger 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.