New Guy With Some Questions: What's the Use of it?

JohnLeeeee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All, a few months ago, I got a airsoft BBs gun from my friend. From the package, it should be Beretta 92fs that made by WA. It has been  in the my friend's closet for years.

139713762__20210324111616.jpg.50885dc9f69a14f177b27393d7a945ef.jpg

It is the first time I contact airsoft gun because I played gel guns before.

When I used it, I found there is a problem:after two or three shots, the gas will empty. I had no idea what wrong with it and had to eliminate the problem one by one: Changed a new can of green gas, Uninstall the magzine and check if there is a gas leak. but the problem still here.

So I have to write this words and want some help from you. 

By the way, please see my following picture:

_20210324113940.jpg.5aad3a1f811780efa38eab1ca74664a2.jpg

There is a removable metal plate that I have mark with red. After compared with other brands, I found that others magzines have no this plate. what's the use of it? Can I remove it?

Thanks very much. 

Slide the plate down and it allows the valve to close. Sounds like it needs a good service. Using green you may break the slide. If you want something that's reliable or to skirmish I'd not use that. A collector may appreciate it.

Edited by heroshark

Its a fairly old pistol and design by this stage of the game, the seals in the magazine have probably deteriorated through non lubrication down the years (gas contains silicone lubricant).  Hence, unless you are prepared to fix the mag leak by taking it apart it probably is dead now.  A thought may be seeing if other manufacturers M92 mags will work?  And as Heroshark says its probably a collectors piece now.  Maybe contact Negative Airsoft as he has a hard on for all things WA and might be able to assist you?  Good luck

£80-200 depends on the exact model and condition. Has it got papers? If not better pics of the writing on the box may help, gun too.

Edited by heroshark

As mentioned, the sliding plate is the valve lock.  You shouldn't remove this.  It's there to provide constant pressure to the valve which helps to provide a regulated amount of gas per shot iirc

WAs aren't designed to run on green gas.  You should be running it on 134/144a.  You can run it on green but you risk accelerated catastrophic damage (I have an M92 with a wrecked slide) so you should be getting more than a couple of shots off.  You could run a restrictor disc in the nozzle to run propane somewhat safely but that does take away from the shooting experience quite a bit. 

You are filling it correctly?  Can upside down?

You say the gas will empty after a couple of shots.  Is this visible venting or just no more gas?  Many years ago I did have a similar issue with one of these venting gas but I fixed it with a new magazine gas router.

And yeah, WA Beretta 92 mags are specific to WA.   Looks to be an M92FS Perfect Version.

8 hours ago, L3wisD said:

I mean... These are probably worth a few Bob by now?

I wouldn't say no to it! 😉

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.