Best Starter Gun for Around 300

Wagen

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

300 quid including accessories?

Also, M4, AK or any other platform you like?

For the money current Cyma are really good value. I have had a couple of the CM045 (AKS-74U Krinkov) and NegativeAirsoft is impressed by the current Platinum M4 range. I have seen good, in depth, reviews of the Blue and HighSpeed versions of the MP5. Prices are between £150-250 so would leave you money for some extra mags, chest rig and batteries.

Hi @Wagen! 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

What do you have in mind for your RIF, AEG? 🔫🤔

Have you rented and sorted out your UKARA? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

Really depends on your preferred style but as already mentioned above you can't really go wrong with the CYMA Platinum range and they're within your budget, even including a few mags and batteries. 

I'd say Cyma, because I'm a big TM / TM clone fan, thanks to the abundance of aftermarket parts. Cyma are fantastic out the box and cost between £150 for baseline RIFs and £250 for their more premium ones. Even their cheapest baseline models will perform well out of the box.

As has been said by others, both would give you plenty of extra cash to spend on spare mags or load bearing gear. Can't really go wrong there.

• Supporters

as others have mentioned it's important to be clear on what the budget includes.

is it £300 for just the gat, or gat, mags, batteries, charger, bag of bb's, eyepro, webbing etc is gonna make a massive difference to what's an appropriate recommendation for us to make.

the other kit you have can be just as important/useful as your pew, for example if you're lacking a really good pair of boots and want to play outdoors then investing £100+ in a good solid pair is going to do more for increasing your in-game enjoyment than the same amount spent on a pew.

12 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

for example if you're lacking a really good pair of boots and want to play outdoors then investing £100+ in a good solid pair is going to do more for increasing your in-game enjoyment than the same amount spent on a pew.

Good boots don't have to be expensive, pick a pair that you feel really comfortable in. A good pair that doesn't fit will be as bad as a cheap pair that doesn't fit.

Avoid online shopping and actually try some out.

I say the single most important thing you shouldn't be afraid to spend on is eyepro. Too often I see people with €500+ guns that then run on cheap shit eyepro that isn't rated for anything but the slightest breeze.

Luckily for you, your armed forces are issued Revision Sawflys which can be bought 2nd hand (but unused) for dirt cheap (€30 on average, idk what's the equivalent on quid, 25? I paid €30 for mine + €15/20 postage to italy).

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Skara said:

Good boots don't have to be expensive, pick a pair that you feel really comfortable in. A good pair that doesn't fit will be as bad as a cheap pair that doesn't fit.

a fair point, regardless they need to be well constructed, good support and comfort for a days running around, doesn't matter how premium your gat is if you're unable to walk by the end of the day thanks to blisters and aches in your feet.

good shout on the eyepro too- another area you don't wanna skimp on.

If you are buying boots steer clear of anything low liability (often called desert boots) with canvas uppers. They are useless in Western and Northern Europe because it is wet. Your feet will be wet. You will be miserable. 

If you can afford them, Altberg or Lowas are the gold standard. Haix are a good shout for mid-range. And whatever you do, make sure you polish them. People who complain about uncomfortable boots I guarantee you leave them in the porch covered in mud and let them dry that way. Wash the crap off then every time, polish them before they are completely bone dry, never put them in an airing cupboard or next to a radiator and you will have a pair of leather combat slippers for life. 

Also, spring for a pair of merino wool socks on Amazon (a pair are about £7). Warm in the winter and cool in the summer. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.