Shotguns! a Shopping List

Jaylordofwaargh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Background: I want one - wait do i? I'm pretty sure.

I want one for lots of reasons, the satisfying 'clack-clack', the utility in a close confines and the cool factor... my £££, being a budget/tight softer is not large and there are a few contenders in shape and brand, list to follow.

Does anyone use one/take one to skirmish day often? I did use one at CSW for a day, it was loads of fun but almost completely the wrong environment for it. 

https://extremeairsoft.co.uk/shop/airsoft-brands/golden-eagle/double-eagle-m401-breacher-spring-shotgun-black/

https://extremeairsoft.co.uk/shop/airsoft-brands/nuprol/nuprol-sierra-storm-charlie/

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-351-m870-tri-burst-pump-action-shotgun-short?pv=2987

These clearly have one thing in common - cheap - to moment I start looking at £70+ shotguns i may as well get an AA R32. So I guess that leaves a couple of questions

Who uses shotguns regularly (and what)?

Are they worth it at these price points? 

Hi @Jaylordofwaargh! 👋

I have a CYMA CM. 357 shorty metal, bought it of patrol base, when they were back in stock for a deal, under £70! 🔫😆

(The Joker shotgun!) 🤪👍

I have tried to use it at a few woodland sites, likely to do better in a CQB site! They are fun, I use it when I can or want a challenge? It depends on the user, range and speed drop, compared to an AEG or Gas RIF. It is satisfying if you manage to get 1 player or more! Go with a good brand and I so far stick with the shells that came with it, 3 in total and spring operated. 🔫

Hope this helps? 🤔👍

💷GAMBLE💷

I loves my Shotguns. Iv a couple atm. A gfg or some such which is beast and a tm that I picked up second hand. Had a few others. And iv done the  mad thing and broke one down and reassembled. For springers to isn't worth it and I can't see any internal betterment in them. The donor gun that supplied parts(a broken one I got in a box ) had far better internals. So really if going spring get what you love the most for the money. I'm a big fan of Trichet singles not so much but technically they could be equivalent to snipers....

Sure on a long day they may kill your arms but totally worth it. Iv had all three shots go around people and they surrender straight away...  it can be a bit annoying at range but if you have the central barrel on sights you can do it. Mostly it's about playstyle. Know where you are wasting shots and where they count.

Also get tm shells if you can(depending on shotty) they do feed better than most and is the reason I bought the broken tm second hand because it had a lot of tm shells and I was able to"fix" it... think I need to rebuild it again iirc...

https://extremeairsoft.co.uk/shop/airsoft-brands/golden-eagle/double-eagle-m401-breacher-spring-shotgun-black/

it's based on a maruzen design 

https://extremeairsoft.co.uk/shop/airsoft-brands/nuprol/nuprol-sierra-storm-charlie/

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-351-m870-tri-burst-pump-action-shotgun-short?pv=2987

both based on a TM design and probably made in the same factory.

both designs are good but at that price guns may last for years or break the 1st time you used it. it's impossible to say which outcome will happen. They may also have sniper like range or barely go 25m you will most likely be out gunned at any game but it is fun using shot guns.

Thanks folks, I may end up with just the spring breacher for those going in moments. And the R32...for reasons

The others, as it turns out are 1. Really difficult to track down a total length,. I emailed a couple of shops and nurpol themselves to get the 'charlie' info. 2. Far too long! Even without the stock the 'charlie' is still 75cm, I was looking at something around the 50cm mark, same length as a nerf cs trooper.....got to start the kid early.

i could have a 3 shot bo fabarm sft12 shorty up for sale with 6 10x3 shot shells only had bout 150 bb's through it boxed lteraly couple days old  hits bout 230fps on .25s can do a vid of it firing etc and fps etc

I have the cyma cm.351M (the metal version of the shorty) and I absolutely love it; everyone should have a cheapo spring shotgun in their arsenal!

Since I got a new rifle bag (needed one to carry both the VSR and m14), it has a pouch on the front for a smaller RIF so I'm going to be bringing it to every skirmish day moving forward after this damned lockdown. It's a great bit of fun and well worth the money, especially if you ever go to one of those games with special rulesets like pistols and shotguns only. Mine came with three shells and I bought an extra pack of 6, but honestly you don't need more than three or four and they're cheap as chips.

I thoroughly recommend the cyma springers, though I'd always pay a bit more for the metal bodied one. Will it be the greatest performing RIF ever? No, but is it a fantastic bit of fun that will do exactly what you need a shotgun to do for a relatively small price.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. Don't know if you bought one yet but I used a asg M3 as my primary for a long time. I bought the long one and chopped the barrel down. I believe they actually make this version now off the shelf. Internally they are better than the TM and it's always ready to go. No gas, no batteries. Just keep if fed with shells and it will keep blasting away. I have found that in a quick draw they are better than 90% of AEG's as the spring is pre cocked. It works well as an ambush gun but can be used offensively if you pick your shots. I personally always keep a loaded M4 hicap with me so if I want to move up on an enemy position I can toss someone a mag to cover me, no I'm out of ammo excuses! Just have spare shells handy and swap out for a fresh one before you move or you think you're about to get rushed. I used it in the woods so it's perfectly good for outdoors. I tend to feed it with a mix of ammo in different coloured shells. 

. 20 for general scatter (red) 

. 25 for more close up work (green) 

. 36 for take your hits... (clear) 

Hope that helps. 

But I will say in the 15 years or so I've been playing that some of my best games have been with a trishot. 

I must admit,

I bought my Fabarm STF 12 on a whim and wasn’t overly impressed when I took it out in the back garden for my first few shots through it

I built up the courage to take it out for a game about 6 months after I got it , and being used to the speed and relative accuracy of my AEG’s I was a bit nervous. Using the springer is certainly great fun and getting a kill does feel much more of an achievement, more tactic, more sneaking around!!

I fully intend to get some use of it this year when we get back out👍
Bloody good fun & who doesn’t love the pumping action of a shotgun

😎

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

Call me mad but I haven't bought any toy guns over the various lockdowns....

@THE CHIEF I had never considered coding shells for weight, I was thinking just loading up on .25/.28 depending what I had in the bag. But now you mention it, I can see the advantage of shoving .36's in. 

@Enid_Puceflange one of my favourite days was with my brothers broken/underperforming bolt action and the shotgun he gave me as my secondary, the bolty went back into the bag quickly and I had a blast. This is part of the reason for wanting one. 

The clone versions of the TM Gas shotguns look interesting.

As a TM Breacher owner, I am intrigued.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.