The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

I've currently got a TDC in my AAP, it was sold by someone in partnership with airtac. I believe this came out before the stalker and Loki hop units as well but I could be wrong.

The quality seemed fine when I purchased it but part of the TDC has now cracked. It's very very brittle plastic / resin that has a screw hole very very close to the edge. This has caused uneven hop and the BB's do a rather cute "wiggle" when they leave the barrel 😅

I've not used my AAP outdoors for a long time so will be nice to have a tinker and get down to the range and see what range I can find with 0.32's.

I'll drop some pics / videos and my initial thoughts once I've picked it up!

• 4 weeks later...

So I will 100% vouch for the new Nexxspeed AAP hop unit. I had a Loki in mine and it was a bit shaky, as it was installed a fraction of a millimetre off-centre, so all my shots were curving slightly to the side. I bought the new Nexxspeed unit after the one in my hi-capa was a phenomenal piece of kit and the AAP one is just as good, if not better. With a 50 degree Flamingo rubber, mine was sailing .32s out past 60m (only really accurate to 50m) with very little hop up applied. I could probably put .48s through it and hop them very nicely, but I'm not an asshole so I won't. Also, with the short stroke and lightweight blowback unit it splurges the entire mag in under a second when the fun switch is flicked on and with .48s that'd probably bankrupt me within a game. Won't be using the full auto much (just for a few people who deserve it ;)), but on semi-auto it was also getting through 4 mags on a single fill today, shooting quickly and one after the other, so I reckon that'll be fine even into winter.

All in all, I'm super happy with the build now that the Nexxspeed unit is in. Pistol build complete :D 

On 11/08/2024 at 19:44, Impulse said:

So I will 100% vouch for the new Nexxspeed AAP hop unit. I had a Loki in mine and it was a bit shaky, as it was installed a fraction of a millimetre off-centre, so all my shots were curving slightly to the side. I bought the new Nexxspeed unit after the one in my hi-capa was a phenomenal piece of kit and the AAP one is just as good, if not better. With a 50 degree Flamingo rubber, mine was sailing .32s out past 60m (only really accurate to 50m) with very little hop up applied. I could probably put .48s through it and hop them very nicely, but I'm not an asshole so I won't. Also, with the short stroke and lightweight blowback unit it splurges the entire mag in under a second when the fun switch is flicked on and with .48s that'd probably bankrupt me within a game. Won't be using the full auto much (just for a few people who deserve it ;)), but on semi-auto it was also getting through 4 mags on a single fill today, shooting quickly and one after the other, so I reckon that'll be fine even into winter.

All in all, I'm super happy with the build now that the Nexxspeed unit is in. Pistol build complete :D 

It's still currently sat on my workbench in the garage awaiting installation.....I just haven't had any time and won't be playing Airsoft for another month probably 😭

Are you just using the standard nub it comes with? As my mates just got the harder nubs in stock, but if it's flinging 0.32's to that range then I think it'll be reet. I'm sure it's got a flamingo in already!

I'm tempted to sell my HPA tapped drum mag and get an MP5 adapter for it. But it's more money into a gun I hardly ever use 😅

Just now, leadly said:

Are you just using the standard nub it comes with? As my mates just got the harder nubs in stock, but if it's flinging 0.32's to that range then I think it'll be reet. I'm sure it's got a flamingo in already!

Yep. Standard nub that came with it and a 50 degree flamingo with a 131mm 6.04 crazy jet barrel. I only have the hop up wheel at about 1.5 for a lovely trajectory on .32s and it goes up to 9, so I reckon I could hop .48s with it if I needed to (I don't need to...). Effective range is still around the 45 - 50m mark with the .32s, especially when shooting with a well-zeroed red dot, but if I see someone at 60m I'm confident I could empty a magazine and one would probably hit them :P

Personally, I'd keep the standard nub unless I was doing some sort of carbine DMR build with it and wanted to put .48s through it. As I said, I'm at 1.5 on the hop wheel (it goes 0 - 9) for .32s, so using the standard nub gives me a bit of wiggle room if I go to a CQB site where they limit BB weight. With a harder nub, it may even over-hop .32s unless I put maybe a 60 degree Flamingo rubber in it.