The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon

I've currently got a TDC in my AAP, it was sold by someone in partnership with airtac. I believe this came out before the stalker and Loki hop units as well but I could be wrong.

The quality seemed fine when I purchased it but part of the TDC has now cracked. It's very very brittle plastic / resin that has a screw hole very very close to the edge. This has caused uneven hop and the BB's do a rather cute "wiggle" when they leave the barrel 😅

I've not used my AAP outdoors for a long time so will be nice to have a tinker and get down to the range and see what range I can find with 0.32's.

I'll drop some pics / videos and my initial thoughts once I've picked it up!

• 4 weeks later...

So I will 100% vouch for the new Nexxspeed AAP hop unit. I had a Loki in mine and it was a bit shaky, as it was installed a fraction of a millimetre off-centre, so all my shots were curving slightly to the side. I bought the new Nexxspeed unit after the one in my hi-capa was a phenomenal piece of kit and the AAP one is just as good, if not better. With a 50 degree Flamingo rubber, mine was sailing .32s out past 60m (only really accurate to 50m) with very little hop up applied. I could probably put .48s through it and hop them very nicely, but I'm not an asshole so I won't. Also, with the short stroke and lightweight blowback unit it splurges the entire mag in under a second when the fun switch is flicked on and with .48s that'd probably bankrupt me within a game. Won't be using the full auto much (just for a few people who deserve it ;)), but on semi-auto it was also getting through 4 mags on a single fill today, shooting quickly and one after the other, so I reckon that'll be fine even into winter.

All in all, I'm super happy with the build now that the Nexxspeed unit is in. Pistol build complete :D 

On 11/08/2024 at 19:44, Impulse said:

So I will 100% vouch for the new Nexxspeed AAP hop unit. I had a Loki in mine and it was a bit shaky, as it was installed a fraction of a millimetre off-centre, so all my shots were curving slightly to the side. I bought the new Nexxspeed unit after the one in my hi-capa was a phenomenal piece of kit and the AAP one is just as good, if not better. With a 50 degree Flamingo rubber, mine was sailing .32s out past 60m (only really accurate to 50m) with very little hop up applied. I could probably put .48s through it and hop them very nicely, but I'm not an asshole so I won't. Also, with the short stroke and lightweight blowback unit it splurges the entire mag in under a second when the fun switch is flicked on and with .48s that'd probably bankrupt me within a game. Won't be using the full auto much (just for a few people who deserve it ;)), but on semi-auto it was also getting through 4 mags on a single fill today, shooting quickly and one after the other, so I reckon that'll be fine even into winter.

All in all, I'm super happy with the build now that the Nexxspeed unit is in. Pistol build complete :D 

It's still currently sat on my workbench in the garage awaiting installation.....I just haven't had any time and won't be playing Airsoft for another month probably 😭

Are you just using the standard nub it comes with? As my mates just got the harder nubs in stock, but if it's flinging 0.32's to that range then I think it'll be reet. I'm sure it's got a flamingo in already!

I'm tempted to sell my HPA tapped drum mag and get an MP5 adapter for it. But it's more money into a gun I hardly ever use 😅

Just now, leadly said:

Are you just using the standard nub it comes with? As my mates just got the harder nubs in stock, but if it's flinging 0.32's to that range then I think it'll be reet. I'm sure it's got a flamingo in already!

Yep. Standard nub that came with it and a 50 degree flamingo with a 131mm 6.04 crazy jet barrel. I only have the hop up wheel at about 1.5 for a lovely trajectory on .32s and it goes up to 9, so I reckon I could hop .48s with it if I needed to (I don't need to...). Effective range is still around the 45 - 50m mark with the .32s, especially when shooting with a well-zeroed red dot, but if I see someone at 60m I'm confident I could empty a magazine and one would probably hit them :P

Personally, I'd keep the standard nub unless I was doing some sort of carbine DMR build with it and wanted to put .48s through it. As I said, I'm at 1.5 on the hop wheel (it goes 0 - 9) for .32s, so using the standard nub gives me a bit of wiggle room if I go to a CQB site where they limit BB weight. With a harder nub, it may even over-hop .32s unless I put maybe a 60 degree Flamingo rubber in it.

• 1 month later...

My stock AAP hammer finally broke (as was expected). Which replacement would you recommend? I’ve seen a stainless steel version from Action Army itself, CowCow,  Tridos Design and TTI. Which one would you recommend? The one from Tridos only comes with the actual hammer but has an ‘easy install’ clamp.

Do you recommend updating the complete hammer set or is it enough to just replace the hammer itself?

When my hammer went I just replaced that, but that was in the initial hype of the AAP and you couldn't easily get hold of full set as everyone's was breaking 😂

For peace of mind I'd just change the whole lot! Can't fault CowCow parts!

Best of luck!

23 hours ago, ParHunter said:

My stock AAP hammer finally broke (as was expected). Which replacement would you recommend? I’ve seen a stainless steel version from Action Army itself, CowCow,  Tridos Design and TTI. Which one would you recommend? The one from Tridos only comes with the actual hammer but has an ‘easy install’ clamp.

Do you recommend updating the complete hammer set or is it enough to just replace the hammer itself?

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/08/2024 at 10:35, leadly said:

It's still currently sat on my workbench in the garage awaiting installation.....I just haven't had any time and won't be playing Airsoft for another month probably 😭

I'm tempted to sell my HPA tapped drum mag and get an MP5 adapter for it. But it's more money into a gun I hardly ever use 😅

Well I finally got the Next speed hop unit installed!

Pretty straight forward and I have to say, I'm impressed with the results.

Tested to a range findedededed 60m torso sized target and hitting it every time with 0.3g BB's. I do normally use 0.32's but we've ran out at site 😭

Just need to get a new tracer unit now for the next night game we've got coming up at Killzone Airsoft. Might have some 0.32 tracers in the garage!