G36 High Caps Are Terrible. Feeding Speed)

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all. 

All of my upgraded G36 style rifles have issues feeding when using High caps on full auto. Only when I am continuously winding whilst firing full auto will the rifle feed correct. I am unsure if this is because of the spring tension being able to force the bb past the nozzle due to timing (Though there is already a delayer chip so the nozzle wont retract any longer then it does already) or because it just isn't possible to feed at around 18/20 rps. 

I do not seem to have this issue on my lone G&P Mid cap. 

Are there any QUALITY G36 high caps available that continuously feed at a good rate? All of my G36 mags came free with cheaper rifles. SRC and JGS. 

I would rather avoid midcaps as I would have to carry loads due to the relatively low capacity of them and they are quite huge!

PS: I cannot use M4 Mag adapters as my XM8s magwells are fixed. 

Maybe some flash mags?
Lonex unfortunately only makes M4 and 7.62 AK mags :( so you'll have to go with clones like battleaxe..

There are also these things:

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/g36-electric-dual-magazine-1000-rounds

I've thought about picking one up for messing around with for years, but just never really got round to it - also the fact that my G36 has never worked that reliably; once I remedy this I may well get one. At the moment I just have a box of 140rd Star midcaps, but as you say G36 mags are so big and clunky; the dual mag 1000 rounder might be a nice solution with that in mind.

I'm not certain but i think i've heard that they can have some reliability issues, so if that is something you might go for, definitely read up beforehand.

I believe there are a handful of manufacturers who make/made them.. battleaxe being one of them.

1 minute ago, Zarrin said:

There are also these things:

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/g36-electric-dual-magazine-1000-rounds

I've thought about picking one up for messing around with for years, but just never really got round to it - also the fact that my G36 has never worked that reliably; once I remedy this I may well get one. At the moment I just have a box of 140rd Star midcaps, but as you say G36 mags are so big and clunky; the dual mag 1000 rounder might be a nice solution with that in mind.

I'm not certain but i think i've heard that they can have some reliability issues, so if that is something you might go for, definitely read up beforehand.

I believe there are a handful of manufacturers who make/made them.. battleaxe being one of them.

I already have an A&K Drum mag, it wont feed fast enough either and is in fact worse then the Hi Caps. So I doubt that particular one will help either. 😕

13 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I already have an A&K Drum mag, it wont feed fast enough either and is in fact worse then the Hi Caps. So I doubt that particular one will help either. 😕

Perhaps a TM high cap is the way to go, the only one i've owned was pretty good, but it wasn't for the G36...

Regarding the feeding speed of the electric drum mag, what kind of battery does it use, and might it be possible to feed it with something at a slightly higher voltage. That might pick the feed speed up a bit for you while also applying slightly more pressure on the BB stream allowing the BBs to get into the hop unit more reliably.

1 minute ago, Zarrin said:

Perhaps a TM high cap is the way to go, the only one i've owned was pretty good, but it wasn't for the G36...

Regarding the feeding speed of the electric drum mag, what kind of battery does it use, and might it be possible to feed it with something at a slightly higher voltage. That might pick the feed speed up a bit for you.

I was thinking that. Its currently got a 3.6v NimH. I could change to a single cell 3.7v Lipo. But its so far behind in feeding speed I doubt it'll make a difference. Maybe a 6.6v Life. but it will likely burn out the motor or any fuses with such a high voltage jump. 

11 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I was thinking that. Its currently got a 3.6v NimH. I could change to a single cell 3.7v Lipo. But its so far behind in feeding speed I doubt it'll make a difference. Maybe a 6.6v Life. but it will likely burn out the motor or any fuses with such a high voltage jump. 

Agreed, jumping from 3.6v to almost double might be too much.

NimH cells are 1.2v meaning you are running on 3 cells, you could probably find something with 4 cells (4.8v) which is size compatible from either ebay or one of the various battery shops.

Another option would be to purchase a single 1.2v cell with tabs and solder it into your existing battery if you are setup for that kind of thing.

Strap a 11.1 to it.

Enjoy watching BBs hitting the target without even firing them :D

So interestingly enough this one by EAIMING (good job on the name of your company) appears to have a 4 cell batt - so likely 4.8v out the gate. Mind, I've not looked at any reviews for it yet.

https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p30345/EAIMING-1200rds-Electric-Magazine-for-G36-AEG/product_info.html

Did you change your hop unit? much more likely on a G36 that your hop feed tube isn't quite in the right place and the tension is overcoming the friction caused by misalignment. Or your nozzle length is wrong or the tappit plate not sat correctly or bent. Did you change any of these?

I have 4 G36's and have serviced many makes of them, they are very critical of nozzle length and not all makes work with all nozzle's. plastic tappit arms get bent etc, even .5 of a mm makes all the difference

2 hours ago, MadMole said:

Did you change your hop unit? much more likely on a G36 that your hop feed tube isn't quite in the right place and the tension is overcoming the friction caused by misalignment. Or your nozzle length is wrong or the tappit plate not sat correctly or bent. Did you change any of these?

I have 4 G36's and have serviced many makes of them, they are very critical of nozzle length and not all makes work with all nozzle's. plastic tappit arms get bent etc, even .5 of a mm makes all the difference

In some I have, in some I haven't. They all have feeding problems regardless. 

I have sent the worst of which to Negative Airsoft to see what he makes of it. 

Strange, G36's are not mag sensitive at all normally, if it clicks in it feeds

What is the rate of fire on this thing? if no mag feeds on full auto would be tempted to say it's the upgrades rather than the mags and you are most likely going to have to upgrade an electric drum mag to get a feed rate that can keep up you can only do so much with a manual winder before it will be to hard to manual wind it up.

1 minute ago, BigStew said:

What is the rate of fire on this thing? if no mag feeds on full auto would be tempted to say it's the upgrades rather than the mags and you are most likely going to have to upgrade an electric drum mag to get a feed rate that can keep up you can only do so much with a manual winder before it will be to hard to manual wind it up.

Both of the full auto G36 types have been upgraded. One has stock 18:1 gears with the stock SRC Neo High Torque motor. 

The other has 13:1 gears with a SLD 22tpa high torque. 

This happens on both with half charged 7.4v lipos. So I have my doubts its because the ROF is too high  

• 2 years later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.