Easiest Way to Drop 10-20 FPS?

HuttArmouries

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So ive been spending a lot of time  tweaking my various guns and after replacing a few o rings and bits and pieces I seem to have improved the airseal on two of them a bit and they are now shooting too hot or to use. They are only a little too high at around 360. Whats the best way to knock them down to site legal without having to replace anything?

Nip half a coil off the spring. Just remember to heat them up and flatten the part you cut.

14 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Replaced any springs? They will need a few thousand going through them to bed in and they will likely drop enough.

Nah. Just cleaned everything up and regreased/replaced some o rings. 

If you have a spare shorter inner barrel then you can drop that in. It'll lower the FPS and  you don't have to go messing with the gearbox.

You can get the same effect by using a 6.08 stock barrel for a few games.

I've been known to do this when I've had a gun in bits the night before a skirmish and just CBA to open it again.

Once the spring has had a few games it'll bed in at a lower FPS anyway and you can go back to the original longer/tightbore barrel.

I've found that on an m100-m110 each coil removed from the front of the spring will typically take your fps down by 10-15 fps (this is probably going to be make and type dependent - most recent was an SHS). Perhaps 1 to 3/4 of a coil off would land you in the sweet spot.

Just be sure after making the cut you put the end of the spring over a blue flame (hob or blow torch) until the end starts to turn orange, then with some pliers pinch the recess with the next coil down. This way you have a balanced flat end going into the piston.

• Supporters

As suggested leave it pre-cocked over a weekend

or

remove spring from M4 hop unit so it is loose/floating

or add a couple bits of tape to front of v2 box to push hop away

this will lessen the seal of nozzle to bucking lips and allow to lips to blow slightly

(thus losing a good seal/fps a bit until the spring beds in & fades a bit like they usually do over time)

suppose you could file the nozzle a bit to lose a bit of sealing but I wouldn't

try a different bucking - some rubbers can produce different fps as they try to lift the bb

some rob you of say 20fp when hop is applied & others much more (depending on bb weight)

buy a tester gun with QC spring, test spring & hunt for a different powered spring by comparison

(helps to avoid being caught out with poor spring selection or incorrectly labelled springs)

add less spacers, drop piston bearings, look around for bearing spring guides that compress less

they do vary - some compress spring more/less than others...

5dEG568.jpg

no they are not a collection of elongated butt plugs, the four on right are v2 bearing spring guides

with far right one compressing spring more than others etc...

correct AoE more/less

ensure any irregular spring is fitted tighter coils at back

flipping it so tighter coils at front adds around 10fps I have found on irregular springs...

Element Gun Spring For AE Gearbox Airsoft Rifle Accessories ...

all of this crap effects the fps and worth taking into consideration before I'd start to hack up a spring

(only time I tend to hack a spring is lopping off them poxy hooks on cheapo stock springs found on hot China guns)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.