Fog Stop by fogstop.shop (Review)

Steveocee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

In this very quick review of the “new” anti fogging solution to hit the market, I’ll do a quick run down of how well it performed in real use, ease of application and overall thoughts. I came across this product from being subscribed to the popular YouTuber channel “FoxGreen” where he did a very positive review and for the price decided to give it a try.

IMG_20200224_081018.jpg?resize=1024%2C768&ssl=1

Fog Stop comes in at £7.95 delivered to a UK address for a 5ml tub. Yes 5ml it is that small and the above picture has BB’s in for sizing reference! The product has a very feint coconut smell about it and is marketed as being made with all natural ingredients so a bonus for the planet.
The top unscrews easily and you have what looks simply like vaseline in the pot.

IMG_20200224_081042.jpg?resize=1024%2C768&ssl=1

"HOW TO USE
To use Fog Stop take a small amount on your finger, then rub the product between finger and thumb.  Massage on to the lenses of glasses/goggles. Then simply polish off with a microfibre cloth, tissue or similar."

The application was as simple as it sounds and you do get a very small amount on your finger tip and rub on the inside of your glasses until it hazes and then buff off, very much like waxing a car.

How did it perform though??

So whilst I have no scientific data of moisture levels, I can give you the scenario and some reference points. It was a typical Febuary day, cool but dry and game play was mixed woodland with start-stop movement.
Usually with my Revision Sawfly’s I will get a waterfall down the middle half way through the morning and then similar in the afternoon, initially in the morning I did get a small amount of fogging but not as bad as it normally is compared to the Revision wipes and after a further couple of applications (fog wiped off and re-applied and then a helping at the lunch break) my glasses stayed fog free for the rest of the day.
My experience was different to that of a team mate though who has similar “perspiration” problems to me and simply he fogged up in his Bolle Trackers and ended up swapping to mesh even after multiple applications.

Overall Thoughts

Fog Stop certainly seems like the next step in anti fogging solutions, wipes, gels, etc and it did seem to do a better job than my previous “go to” of Revision Wipes, it isn’t perfect but I did manage to wear my glasses all day which is something I usually struggle with so I do have to give this a thumbs up. For the price, expected amount of applications it will offer and the fact it does perform pretty well, I’d say it’s worth a punt if you suffer from fogged glasses in Airsoft.

Where can I get it?

Fog Stop is available from there online shop https://www.fogstop.shop/
Pricing is £7.95 delivered to a UK address with small discounts available for bulk buys.

A final shameless self plug... This review is a direct copy from a growing list which is put together by myself and a few friends over on our Recon101 website. We review kit, giving honest feedback, site visits and tech tips and tricks as we come across them. Please do check us out and bookmark as the content is changing weekly.

https://recon101.uk

• Supporters

Hmm. In terms of application, consistency and packaging, that looks much like the memorably named Cat Craptm

https://www.webbikeworld.com/cat-crap-anti-fog-review/

Some folk swear by that too, I actually find that Revision wipes work better for me.  I may do a lens-vs-lens sweat off this Sunday.

• Supporters

Well, Cat Craptm vs Revision wipes.  I already have enough potions to test without spunking money on another one.

Desire to spunk money on another one intensifies.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Well, Cat Craptm vs Revision wipes.  I already have enough potions to test without spunking money on another one.

Desire to spunk money on another one intensifies.

spunk it on a dye and be done with fog.

I've not used a revision wipe it about a year I've been handing them out to folk who are fogging since I don't need em.

10 hours ago, Musica said:

spunk it on a dye and be done with fog.

I've not used a revision wipe it about a year I've been handing them out to folk who are fogging since I don't need em.

How can you look tacticool with a full face mask on though? Way back when I used to need a JT-Proflex with a fan and even then I had some mildly damp moments, did the job for the most part though.

• 3 weeks later...

Adding my experience to this from last weekend,

If you know me, you know i recently switched to some heroshark mesh as i gave up on the fogging issues. Tried revision wipes, all sorts of potions and lotions to no avail. I sweat like Jimmy Saville at children in need and nothing seems to change that.

I saw the promo video for this stuff over on facebook and figured what the heck give it a try.

I applied some to the yellow lenses of my ess goggles after switching them back over from mesh. Wiped away the excess as instructed and headed off to m local site.

A few games in i noticed the tiniest amount of moisture build up on one side of one lense (most likely due to an excessive amount of running during a high tempo attack game). This cleared in under a minute and for the rest of the game day the lenses stayed clear and fog free. Pretty darn good for one single application.

Does it work, yes, does the tiny tin seem expensive when you first see it, yes. However if like me, fogging leaves you no options other mesh then its a price well worth paying.

Archived