fancy hop units

Adolf Hamster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

so this is a thing i periodically get into is considering options for hop units that do more than just hole all the bits together.

i'm currently looking at the MAXX hop units and it looks like they seem to do both tracer functionality and stop on empty functionality, was wondering if anyone here has any experience as to wether or not these work or just a gimmick?

i normally use white bb's but on occasion in bad lighting it could be handy to be able to use tracers (eg night shoots), and stop on empty seems like cool functionality (although i'm pretty adept at telling by sound when i've fired my last round). specifically i'm wondering how they interface with polarstar's kit, i know there's an extra plug on the front of their v2 trigger board which looks like it might be for something, but is it a case of simple plug and play?

inb4 i should really stop messing with that gun.....

Can’t answer you specific questions but all I can say is nthat they are beautifully made and work exceptionally well. They take a while to dial in to the sweet spot but are awesome after that. 

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, E21A said:

Can’t answer you specific questions but all I can say is nthat they are beautifully made and work exceptionally well. They take a while to dial in to the sweet spot but are awesome after that. 

Yeah, i'm currently running a pro-win with excellent results but i've heard good things of the maxx units.

Just curious about the electronics side, if it's worth the effort.

I went from a pro win to a maxx, night and day different. I think a lot of it is the included concave nuns that slot into place, therefore no movement in them. 

As as far as the tracer unit goes, for me personally it’s not really worth it as I don’t play in the dark all that often. I’d imagine it would be a quality piece of kit though. 

• Supporters

Yeah, through much tweaking and twiddling my setup is pretty bang on atm, although a more consistent nub might not be so bad.

Not sure on tracers, never really used them, but i do know i dont want a suppressor based type- absolute bb magnet at night. I was thinking more of a mix for woodland conditions, or maybe do the last 20 or so in the mag as a near empty warning.

Would probably wire it up seperately if it was just the tracer, so i could leave it off if i wanted. Not sure how the empty cutoff is meant to operate hence the thread.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Not sure on tracers, never really used them, but i do know i dont want a suppressor based type- absolute bb magnet at night. I was thinking more of a mix for woodland conditions, or maybe do the last 20 or so in the mag as a near empty warning.

Not a bad idea that 🤔

Would probably wire it up seperately if it was just the tracer, so i could leave it off if i wanted. Not sure how the empty cutoff is meant to operate hence the thread.

Empty cut off? 

Do you mean the bb retention? 

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, E21A said:

Do you mean the bb retention? 

No apparently you can get a board for them fits on the opposite side to the tracer led's that's a last-round cutoff like an evo.

I tried something similar before with the ascu2 but the hop unit was a peice of crap.

It'd be cool if it works, but i'm not sure how it's meant to interface with the gun, the gun it's going into will have a mk3 fusion engine so not sure if it maybe has a plug that allows that functionality.

Edit: its in the bottom of the description here:

https://www.maxxmodel.com/cnc-aluminum-hopup-chamber-mi-pro.html

Which i think referrs to this:

https://www.maxxmodel.com/led-board-and-module-set-for-maxx-teie-hopup-series.html

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

The maxx is fucking good. Do EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

It's pretty much a tdc and the c clip locks the barrel in place so that it cannot turn at all. The model with the bb catcher is very nice.

Yeah, it does look a better design than standard ones if the machining is up to scratch. I mainly use ml macarons these days so a concave nub that doesnt require "twiddling" would be pleasant.

Currently debating wether to stick the 'ol reliable pdi 6.01 in there or maybe give someone like orga or edgi a try.

I think i have a problem, yet again am i considering messing with a pretty damn perfect gun.....

Thinking about grabbing one myself, probably just the basic sport model as the Ares Soc-AR one is pants. 

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

No apparently you can get a board for them fits on the opposite side to the tracer led's that's a last-round cutoff like an evo.

Hmmm, not something I’d heard of to be honest, maybe email them for more info? 

Yeah, it does look a better design than standard ones if the machining is up to scratch. I mainly use ml macarons these days so a concave nub that doesnt require "twiddling" would be pleasant.

The machining is certainly up to scratch. I’m the same with regards to macarons. I fitted it, set the hop once and haven’t touched it since. 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I tried something similar before with the ascu2 but the hop unit was a peice of crap.

It'd be cool if it works, but i'm not sure how it's meant to interface with the gun, the gun it's going into will have a mk3 fusion engine so not sure if it maybe has a plug that allows that functionality.

Edit: its in the bottom of the description here:

https://www.maxxmodel.com/cnc-aluminum-hopup-chamber-mi-pro.html

Which i think referrs to this:

https://www.maxxmodel.com/led-board-and-module-set-for-maxx-teie-hopup-series.html

The stop on empty isn't available yet. That said the maxx is currently the best aftermarket hop unit available.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

The stop on empty isn't available yet. That said the maxx is currently the best aftermarket hop unit available.

Fair enough, might pick one up then just with a tracer then

Archived