M203 - Long Type - Maximum moscart shell length?

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello gents. 

Looking into some 40mm Moscarts for my new M203 equipped M16 and for my AG36 equipped MG36. 

I have found some 160 round Moscarts for a decent price. I was just wondering, what is the maximum length Moscarts that I can easily fit into an M203? Would I be better off with some standard 60 round shells?

Cheers!

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Hello gents. 

Looking into some 40mm Moscarts for my new M203 equipped M16 and for my AG36 equipped MG36. 

I have found some 160 round Moscarts for a decent price. I was just wondering, what is the maximum length Moscarts that I can easily fit into an M203? Would I be better off with some standard 60 round shells?

Cheers!

It's not the length of the launcher that counts so much as how far it opens. As long as it slides forward enough to be able to get the round in then it should work fine. That's why I like the EGLM style that pivot outwards.

4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

It's not the length of the launcher that counts so much as how far it opens. As long as it slides forward enough to be able to get the round in then it should work fine. That's why I like the EGLM style that pivot outwards.

That was kind of what I was getting at! It's why I prefer my AG36 as it just swings out like the EGLM.

But obviously I wont order the shells if someone can confirm the maximum length moscart I can put in! 

• Supporters

it is possible with some tweakery to mod an m203 to open a bit further, as i did with mine to get it to take a 240 round madbull.

however i shouldnt imagine a 160 round would be an issue.

19 hours ago, Asomodai said:

That was kind of what I was getting at! It's why I prefer my AG36 as it just swings out like the EGLM.

But obviously I wont order the shells if someone can confirm the maximum length moscart I can put in! 

How wide is the breach of the m203?

Archived