Jump to content
The captain

Hi Capa Tracer unit

Recommended Posts

Yo Guys,

 

I just ordered a Hi Capa 5.1. I was wondering if there is a tracer that goes straight in, no adapter, no new outer barrel. And if so can you link it to me ?

 

If there is no way i can do that, anybody know of a good, reliable, not too expensive outter barrel that i can swap it out and get a tracer on this bitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what make of Hi capa? if its TM no you need to replace the barrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BigStew said:

what make of Hi capa? if its TM no you need to replace the barrel

yeah man its a TM. you know the best place i can look for one ? or even the best one thats not more than 60 quid ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The captain said:

yeah man its a TM. you know the best place i can look for one ? or even the best one thats not more than 60 quid ?

 

Which Hi Cappa model is it? Not all TMs are the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

 

Which Hi Cappa model is it? Not all TMs are the same. 

Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 D.O.R. (Direct Optics Ready) GBB Pistol. That's copied and pasted straight from the listing. Defcon had it for 30 quid off. Rude not to considering I've wanted one for months. Only then did I think about the tracer. I cant control myself 😂🤦🏼‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, The captain said:

Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 D.O.R. (Direct Optics Ready) GBB Pistol. That's copied and pasted straight from the listing. Defcon had it for 30 quid off. Rude not to considering I've wanted one for months. Only then did I think about the tracer. I cant control myself 😂🤦🏼‍♂️

 

The D.O.R is internally very different to most HiCappas as it essentially has M45A1 internals. So you either need to tap the original plastic barrel to make it threaded or buy this and JB weld it to the barrel. 

 

https://airsoftgateway.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/scs-pistol-outer-barrel-adapter-tokyo-marui-d-o-r-broach-to-negative-14mm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

 

The D.O.R is internally very different to most HiCappas as it essentially has M45A1 internals. So you either need to tap the original plastic barrel to make it threaded or buy this and JB weld it to the barrel. 

 

https://airsoftgateway.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/scs-pistol-outer-barrel-adapter-tokyo-marui-d-o-r-broach-to-negative-14mm

I'm not gonna lie, that's not really what I wanted to hear 😂😂 is it not as good as any other hi capa then ?? Have I made a mistake ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, The captain said:

I'm not gonna lie, that's not really what I wanted to hear 😂😂 is it not as good as any other hi capa then ?? Have I made a mistake ?

 

Its actually got better internals then any other Hi Cappa. The gas efficiency is better as well as the recoil. However this is at the expense of it not being compatible with most existing Hi Cappa upgrades. Its possible that future Hi Cappas will use these new internals which will mean upgrade parts in the future but its too early to tell if TM will go down that road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Musica said:

My dor with the adapter fitted

20190830_190109.jpg

 

I recognise that!  And by extension, you!

 

Aside, it had never occurred to me to put an O-ring on the threading - my Lighter-S is always working loose.  Does it work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Roger,

 

I use O rings (got a mahoosive box of them from lidl a few years ago) for muzzle brakes and compensators on my AEGs. Never had one come loose.

 

It does work very well, keeps the pressure on the brake/comp/tracer unit much better without the need to over tighten and also lets you have a bit of adjustment if the brake/comp/tracer deosn't  sit exactly in-line. You can twist it around a bit so BBs don't clip the brake/comp/tracer on exit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Musica said:

My dor with the adapter fitted

20190830_190109.jpg

brooo this looks unreal. do you mind telling me how you got that tracer on there, and which one it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Asomodai said:

 

Its actually got better internals then any other Hi Cappa. The gas efficiency is better as well as the recoil. However this is at the expense of it not being compatible with most existing Hi Cappa upgrades. Its possible that future Hi Cappas will use these new internals which will mean upgrade parts in the future but its too early to tell if TM will go down that road. 

oh amazing, now that IS what i wanted to hear 😂 looking forward  to meeting you on saturday bro. when you say upgrades, will all the external custom parts fit fine ? just internals ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The captain said:

oh amazing, now that IS what i wanted to hear 😂 looking forward  to meeting you on saturday bro. when you say upgrades, will all the external custom parts fit fine ? just internals ?

 

I am not a hundred percent with that I am afraid. Grips can probably be changed, slide maybe not. I don't own the gun so i am not sure!

 

See you Saturday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fuck sake I got a lot to reply here.

 

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

 

I recognise that!  And by extension, you!

 

Aside, it had never occurred to me to put an O-ring on the threading - my Lighter-S is always working loose.  Does it work?

Uh I kinda put the o ring on the wrong side of my adapter.......... guess I need another 14mm o ring to put on the right side now.........

20190912_173254.thumb.jpg.85fe0b270448a2f9710cfbd6de6066cc.jpg

 

8 hours ago, The captain said:

brooo this looks unreal. do you mind telling me how you got that tracer on there, and which one it is.

 

Thanks! That is not even its final form I add a torch on the lower rail. I am using theairsoft gateway piece below with some gorilla epoxy to hold it in. The inner D.O.R barrel has some indents and the adapter fits perfectly so it won't spin around even without epoxy but you need epoxy to keep it attached to the barrel.  You pay a lot for it as customs is a bitch but they only did a short run of adapters or at least that is what they claim so I'd grab one quickly or start talking to a tech about alternative options but I'll tell you know you need a new outer barrel a new hopup and probably need to get in there with a dremel on the slide to make those new parts fit is the answers I was getting. The barrel and hop will run you roughly the same anyway.

https://airsoftgateway.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/scs-pistol-outer-barrel-adapter-tokyo-marui-d-o-r-broach-to-negative-14mm

 

Tracer is the acetech lighter BT. Supposedly the brightest red bb tracer in the world (also works with green) @Rogerborg has seen it shooting reds so he can attest it's pretty good brightness wise.

 

 

7 hours ago, Asomodai said:

 

I am not a hundred percent with that I am afraid. Grips can probably be changed, slide maybe not. I don't own the gun so i am not sure!

 

See you Saturday!

Slides don't fit, grips do and mag wells do, triggers etc should be all fine just the slide/internals to the slide that are difference i.e the slide, hopup, outer barrel and bbu.  I think you can change the guide plug but not 100% sure I'm not a tech.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...