DPM or MTP for Summer Games????

Jester_UK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

7 hours ago, hunter511 said:

@Jester_UK Fun fact neither of the 2 patterns you mention are designed to be used in the UK. 

DPM was designed for stoogeing about in german woodland whilst waiting for the 3rd shock army to come steaming through the Fulda Gap... MTP is pretty much DPM in an arid/multicam colourway suitable for use in the middle east.

Ive had very good results using russian SS-Leto in the UK either the summer or winter variants, I have had it described as dissapearoflage before by some. Also... it looks cool and there aren't a lot of people running it.

Edit 2. That said airsofters are a bit special at times, I've been known to succeed in being sneaky whilst wearing a very loud hawaiian shirt due to the inability of some players to maintain situational awareness.

We have a few guys that run with russian digital flora and that works pretty good as well!! I noticed a fair few people are using multicam tropic which also works well in the summer months in woodland.

• Moderators
20 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Its not even in game, people swinging stuff all over the place or walking into things etc. the amount you see people do it is astounding...

i remember at a work game i had organised, my boss at the time was so focused on forwards he forgot about the line of tyres and in the corner of my eye i could see him just fall flat on his face! :lol: :lol:

1 hour ago, Huxley said:

Cadpat

whats wrong with MARPAT ;)

• Supporters
10 hours ago, hunter511 said:

Fun fact neither of the 2 patterns you mention are designed to be used in the UK.

That's a fully fledged bastard of a good point which was hiding in plain sight.

I guess Ivan had at least a passing interest in invading the UK in order to secure the means of producing warm beer.

@Rogerborg

From what I understand most Soviet war plans involved nuking the UK back to pre-jurassic times in order to prevent the US from using it as a giant jump off/frp/fob. Recently declassified info has IIRC basically shown the Soviets didnt't really picture any scenario in which they wouldn't use at least tactical sized nukes and chemical weapons should the cold war have gone hot.

5 hours ago, hunter511 said:

@Rogerborg

From what I understand most Soviet war plans involved nuking the UK back to pre-jurassic times in order to prevent the US from using it as a giant jump off/frp/fob. Recently declassified info has IIRC basically shown the Soviets didnt't really picture any scenario in which they wouldn't use at least tactical sized nukes and chemical weapons should the cold war have gone hot.

My dad was waiting for them with his nuclear artillery

..... and as an aside a certain Russian troll

on a certain other forum still hopes to nuke the world 

Archived