Tokyo Marui Recoil Shock 416D

KentAirsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just wanted opinions on this gun.

Owners experience, and preferences on upgrades if entirely essential.

Not a huge tech savvy, i plan on working on it for upgrades, obviously this gun is going to be a bit tricky.

The plan is not to upgrade at all, as i wanted a stock, reliable gun and not too bothered by the lower fps.

Any and all opinions on whether this is a good idea or not.

P.s - Any clue on the type of range available on this gun?

• Supporters

Very good gun. Convert the connector to Deans, use 7.4V lipos, feed it good quality .28g BBs. 

It will perform amazingly. Probably 50M range?

Other than that, leave it stock till something breaks or it needs servicing(likely to be 5years down the line) and then consider “upgrades”(mosfet and stronger gears are usual upgrades)

• Supporters

Try a forum search bud , you’ll have reviews and opinions coming out of the wazzoo there’s that much info on it .

Nice awesome, just wanted a refresher post also, see if any new opinions formed.

Previously owned a G&G TR16 and worked beautifully out of the box, but wanted a bit of aupgrade, just wanted to see if it was a step up!

First TM, so heard so much good, just wanted to see if there was any bad.

• Supporters

There’s good and bad with ALL guns but a lot less with the TM’s ! 😂😂

Other than convert to lipo, which can be done by most places that sell them for a small amount, leave it be. They’re one of those guns where you either upgrade nothing or upgrade everything. At least in terms of the gearbox

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

Other than convert to lipo, which can be done by most places that sell them for a small amount, leave it be. They’re one of those guns where you either upgrade nothing or upgrade everything. At least in terms of the gearbox

Do you have to convert the connector to use lipos? My stuff on the way is mini-T AEG to mini-T Lipo. Will this cause me problems? Cheers

The 416 has a special battery that just slots in without a plug. It just has contacts that it presses against. You can’t use any battery besides the stupid, super expensive, proprietary 8.4 without converting it. 

4 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

The 416 has a special battery that just slots in without a plug. It just has contacts that it presses against. You can’t use any battery besides the stupid, super expensive, proprietary 8.4 without converting it. 

Ah gotcha, cheers!

Or just buy a KWA ERG which does exactly the same thing as a TM recoil, just better and cheaper.  Don't believe the hype.

5 hours ago, Prisce said:

Very good gun. Convert the connector to Deans, use 7.4V lipos, feed it good quality .28g BBs. 

It will perform amazingly. Probably 50M range?

Other than that, leave it stock till something breaks or it needs servicing(likely to be 5years down the line) and then consider “upgrades”(mosfet and stronger gears are usual upgrades)

^^^ this guy knows, if you are set on this rif then go for it...

people slate them because they are low fps to other guns on the market

they state that they are underpowered from the off and need upgrading but this isn't true,

yes they are 290ish fps but they still perform brilliantly.

Great quality externally and internally, with a simple 7.4 lipo mod(even the adapter isn't bad, will add pic for reference) and a bit of time setting your hop you will see 50m with ease.

I had mine about a year before fully upgrading (only upgraded as wanted the btc to instantly switch between full and burst on my phone)

nothing on my rifle has every gone wrong or broken, count me lucky maybe but just a barrel clean every now helped to keep consistency :) 

year and a half many many bbs slung and still performing better than most £1000+ builds my team use.

th.jpg

4 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I’d rather give money to ISIS than KWA..

Why the hate?

Every one of their AEGs I have had has been great especially the ERG range.  Not owned one of their GBBR though

28 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Why the hate?

Everyone of their AEGs I have had has been great especially the ERG range.  Not owned one of their GBBR though

I bought their LM4 GBBR, the official licensed Magpul one.

The paint on the upper receiver stripped when I tried to install a Magpul MBUS onto it, first time.

Definitely not a KWAlity product.

31 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Why the hate?

Every one of their AEGs I have had has been great especially the ERG range.  Not owned one of their GBBR though

Having spent over a grand on Top end KWA gear and none of them performing even close to acceptable I reserve the right to call them all shite. 

Like I said not owned a KWA GBBR, never had a single issue with the ERG range and found them super guns

Archived