CM 16 hop up, slightly missing. Can anyone recommend an after market hop up?

Guest Airsoftguy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Airsoftguy

So i got a cm16 srxl, and the umm hop up seems to be missing some parts, this dose not bother me as I was planning to upgrade it. Can anyone recommend me a replacement, just reply with a link or name. (Basically a noob)

Thanks guys.

ps I don't actually wear crocs when i go airsofting, but i might. 

I just realised this maybe in the wrong topic.

• Supporters

Pro win are all right, decent amount of lift for a rotary style hop, easy to adjust fine increments, holds position pretty well.

Madbull are awful, dont buy their hop unit or their blue hop rubbers, just horrifically bad.

Tbh a stock style is just fine in the majority of cases especially a decently made one. A lot of g&g's ones are pretty good, even some of the polymer ones.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

I can't recommend from experience, well I can. DON'T use a Pro win. I'm shortly about to purchase a new hop up as well and there seems to be a good lean toward Lonex. 

I've personally sworn by my prowin.

Always held steady hopping .30s.

The ZCI versions over at AK2M4 are good too, had good results with them in a few combat machines.

Guest Airsoftguy

I would still use my current one for a bit longer if it was in tact so yea. Guess i will look into prowin and lonex for a replacement.

Thanks guys much appreciated. 

(If it can be done, can you recommend one specific to my gun kinda a noob at this stuff)

5 hours ago, L3wisD said:

The ZCI versions over at AK2M4

This.

I like the cheap plastic rotary style for £8.

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-chambers/zci-prowin-style-hopup-chamber-plastic-m4

Far better than the stock M4 design. Mine don't wander, and you can modify them without fear of breaking the bank.

The actual part that matters - the hop arm. Is plastic on all of the variants.

If I wanted a top end unit that offered me all of the options I'd go with one of the MAXX units.

The MAXX units ship with just about every conceivable option. And come flat hop ready with metal arms and nubs.

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/maxx-model-cnc-rotary-hop-up-unit-chamber-me-sport-m-series-hop005spo-30359-p.asp

maxx-model-cnc-rotary-hop-up-unit-chambe

The prowin was good for a time, but it's been cloned to high hell. You can get exactly the same unit for far less than the branded one.

The hop unit itself can only do so much, All it's doing is providing an airseal to the bucking, The correct distance for the air nozzle, and an arm to hold the nub. Outside of that the fact it looks pretty doesn't add any real value to the shot. 

If I were to pick an option for you it wouldn't be the Maxx unit either.

Take the ZCI plastic unit, Match it with a good bucking like a Prometheus purple, and a decent inner barrel like a steel ZCI. Spend the same money you would have done on the maxx, but get a whole upgrade rather than just part.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
58 minutes ago, Iceni said:

Take the ZCI plastic unit, Match it with a good bucking like a Prometheus purple, and a decent inner barrel like a steel ZCI. Spend the same money you would have done on the maxx, but get a whole upgrade rather than just part

This is what I'll be doing to my new Specna. But without the plastic ZCI as it already has some version of it already.

Prommy purple and a ZCI barrel should see it keep up with the other guns easy.

Guest Airsoftguy

I was looking into to it a bit and it pretty much looked like i should just buy the entire thing, thanks a lot its been a big help.

• Supporters

Just my 2p worth, I have the Maxx TE tracer hop paired with a Maple Leaf bucking. It's fab. Not cheap but yes, would highly recommend if you want a hop that also works as a tracer unit without having to use a screw on suppressor type jobber.

Archived