Spare parts - how do you store them?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm after suggestions as to how you store your spare parts. At the moment, mine are mostly scattered over the dining room table, my office desk and our bedroom.
This doesn't make for a happy other half. It also makes it hard to know what's where.
How do you store yours?

• Supporters

i got a couple of those multi-compartment boxes that i use one for electrical other for mechanical bits, then another big box i use for large parts (suppressors, stocks etc)

they all go on my shelf of eternal bits which also contains many other useful tools and supplies and such

OEM normally goes in the box the RIF came out of, everything else is in little ziplocks and labelled with a Sharpie in a Victorian Roller desk drawer along with my random mad scientist tool kit. I don't have a huge amount of parts as I only buy what is needed and install it.

I do watch a lot of reviews and installation vids to research. Mostly it works but there's still a few lemons that creep through and they are the parts that up end up in said drawer. Oh and the odd spare especially if I think the RIF model/third party part may go out of production or simply hard to obtain.

Stanley Sortmaster boxes.

They all clip together to form 1 solid block, You can carry them like a regular toolbox on it's side, And they have loads of space that can be moved about.

You need to do some very slight modification to get gearbox shells to fit. But 30 seconds with a sharp knife removing one of the moulded plastic dividers and you will have no problems.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stanley-Sortmaster-Organiser/332821389427?epid=1004204417&hash=item4d7db36073:g:2mwAAOSw8ttbrFA4:rk:9:pf:0

Archived