Ares Amoeba Striker AS-01/AS-02 Owners Thread

Solly4568
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As01

ML 310mm Crazy Jet barrel

AA Hop up unit

ML decepticon 50 + omega nub

Ares short fluted barrel

bespoke M150 spring

Hawke Panorama 4-12x40 IR Scope

AA hop wheel

450fps on .20, 320fps on .04s (1.9J)

Shoots far and fairly accurate but I’m not 100% happy with the accuracy so if anyone has any bucking recommendations for me to try. I’ve tried a auto bot 60 and it was shocking with that, much better with the decepticon 50 

Got a bespoke cylinder kit and body pin waiting to go in and a Gap trigger sear on its way from Canada 

256F4362-E2AE-4044-9B93-EF9272F1146B.jpeg

BC4B8B36-8E04-4BA4-9362-C632E0443BE5.jpeg

EF00E3C5-1CCB-42C8-A7DD-A210B5DF5030.jpeg

I know it sounds like a broken record but I would get a maple leaf bucking I have found that they are just the best for almost anything you are building and yeah I am not a fan of the decepticon either. but just for prosperity what range are you getting with the decepticon 

Both buckings I have are maple leaf (ML) Honestly I have no idea on exact numbers, I don’t have anywhere to test further than my garden (20m) and wouldn’t really like to just guess. I’ve only skirmished it once with this bucking but I got a fair few kills and really enjoyed using it where as with the ml autobot I couldn’t hit a barn door further than 20m away (bbs we’re flying flat for a lot further just hooking left and right) and I got so annoyed with it I put the striker away. Once my new cylinder set goes in I’m going to try it again and try some different weight bbs and see what works the best

7 minutes ago, Solly4568 said:

Its not really half price by the time you add import duty etc it’ll work out the same as buying from airsoftpro

It’s £105 from airsoft pro shipped, I know as I bought one a few days ago. 

Something at $85 on redwolf shipped to the U.K. will work out after import duty and shipping at the same money, again, I know cos I’ve done it. 

6 hours ago, E21A said:

Something at $85 on redwolf shipped to the U.K. will work out after import duty and shipping at the same money, again, I know cos I’ve done it. 

O crap just realised I was looking at the American sight and that the English version (which I thought was 20 min away from me) doesn't carry the bolt 😭

16 minutes ago, Solly4568 said:

O crap just realised I was looking at the American sight and that the English version (which I thought was 20 min away from me) doesn't carry the bolt 😭

Theres loads of stuff the English site doesn’t stock 🙄

The .com site is the Hong Kong?? shop

Just seen Lycan have made a new 90 sear for the as01 on eBay. Wish I’d known before I ordered my gap sear 😂

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173744345304

Don't fit in mine.

I have a mix of condor, Helikon and WAS pouches :(

Parts arrived today, here's what she looks like :)

Will swap the suppressor out for something that actually works, wrap the inner barrel in foam to stop it from vibrating and probably fill the stock with foam as well.

Can't wait to test it out this Sunday :D

P_20190207_164410_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys 

Just got my self a Ares striker as01 IV upgraded the sear to a lycan Romeo dear I plan on getting the upgraded stainless bolt and AA hopup is there any other things I should look at upgrading ? 

10 minutes ago, jay1988 said:

Hi guys 

Just got my self a Ares striker as01 IV upgraded the sear to a lycan Romeo dear I plan on getting the upgraded stainless bolt and AA hopup is there any other things I should look at upgrading ? 

While you have the gun apart, I recommend putting a tight bore inner barrel along with a maple leaf hop up rubber and nub in just to make it easier on you, as this will improve accuracy and allow you to lift even heavier bb’s, although mine happily lifts .4 with the standard hop up

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.