Wolf armouries hire-purchase scheme

Guest Wilko98
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Wilko98

Anyone done the hire-purchase scheme at wolf armouries before? Basically if you don’t have UKARA you can purchase a gun but they keep it on there premises and when you come to a game day they bring it along. Once you’ve done UKARA you take the gun home, was considering doing it so I saved some money on gun hire but wanted to know if anyone had done it before? 

Thanks

I did that at my local site, never had an issue and saved me the extra £60 if i was to rent for the next x2. I could imagine site owners have to bring alot anyway so maybe dropping them a text before hand so they dont forget would be good to

Would recommend renting first as you might not like airsoft and wasted even more on a gun. 

Guest Wilko98
Just now, BloomBoy said:

I did that at my local site, never had an issue and saved me the extra £60 if i was to rent for the next x2. I could imagine site owners have to bring alot anyway so maybe dropping them a text before hand so they dont forget would be good to

Would recommend renting first as you might not like airsoft and wasted even more on a gun. 

Appreciate the response, I’ve played for some time already and have a lot of gear but never got UKARA so rented before so I know I love it. Think it’s soemthing I’ll do to save the money appreciate the help 

14 minutes ago, Wilko98 said:

Anyone done the hire-purchase scheme at wolf armouries before? Basically if you don’t have UKARA you can purchase a gun but they keep it on there premises and when you come to a game day they bring it along. Once you’ve done UKARA you take the gun home, was considering doing it so I saved some money on gun hire but wanted to know if anyone had done it before? 

Thanks

I did it with Wolf Armories as well. Got me my TM Famas and Strike Warrior through it. It's a great idea. 

Guest Wilko98
5 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I did it with Wolf Armories as well. Got me my TM Famas and Strike Warrior through it. It's a great idea. 

Perfect thanks mate, can I ask did you do your UKARA at Bunker 51 as well? 

Definitely worth it. When I started out, I found a RIF that I really liked and it was the only one. I was impatient and luckily, they had the hire scheme so I just bought it then and there! The Hire-Purchase scheme is a god send 😆

1 minute ago, Wilko98 said:

Got my UKARA there too! (Through Wolf Armouries skirmishes)

4 minutes ago, Wilko98 said:

Well its one and the same. As part of the process you need to play your three games over the course between 2 and 12 months at Bunker 51 and then you get your UKARA number through Wolf Armories. You can play anywhere else, but you wont get the gun to play there and it wont count towards your three games. 

• Supporters

can't say i'd trust it, one of our local sites runs something similar albeit it's kept on site, but what you see is a bunch of kids with identical cm16's to the site's own rental guns that they "own" and i question how often they might get accidentally handed out in lieu of a rental gun.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

can't say i'd trust it, one of our local sites runs something similar albeit it's kept on site, but what you see is a bunch of kids with identical cm16's to the site's own rental guns that they "own" and i question how often they might get accidentally handed out in lieu of a rental gun.

me neither, wolfs customer service is usually shite, I've literally known them to give a lads repaired pistol to the wrong person, who left with it, & when the rightful owner turned up to collect it, their attitude was pretty much"tough shit", no replacement or reimbursement...

this scheme is just another cynical ploy to get people to pay their high prices, while at the same time forcing them to play a crap site.

• Supporters
Just now, Tackle said:

me neither, wolfs customer service is usually shite, I've literally known them to give a lads repaired pistol to the wrong person, who left with it, & when the rightful owner turned up to collect it, their attitude was pretty much"tough shit", no replacement or reimbursement...

this scheme is just another cynical ploy to get people to pay their high prices, while at the same time forcing them to play a crap site.

owch, that sounds pretty bad, can't say i'd be particularly amused if that happened to me.

Its been happening for years, when I first started out it was at Bunker 51 and they would have loads of guns in the original boxes marked up in which they would dish out to players and collect back at the end of the game, all seemed legit and is a great scheme to get people into the game. 

I didnt need to do it, but would have if needed.

I havent had much to say nice about the site, or even the shop in the past few visits but this was one thing they seemed to get right and is a great idea IMO and they have been doing his for a long time.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

owch, that sounds pretty bad, can't say i'd be particularly amused if that happened to me.

too right, it was pre-vcra & the lad was quiet to say the least, & the staff realised he was a soft touch & ripped him off.

back then I marshalled for a firm that had an "arrangement" with wolf, meant I could get 30-40% off anything, but for that I wouldn't have gone near the place, not been in there for at least 6 years, I hope its improved ?

Archived