Please Help Australia get Airsoft Legalised.

arth_d
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone,
As you gather from the topic I come from Australia where our government are a bunch of pricks and treat us like children and don't allow us to have Airsoft. It is actually easier to get a real steel firearm license here than have an Airsoft gun. We are getting pretty close in the state of Queensland to getting things through. There is a firearms forum coming up soon to discuss legalising Airsoft but we need as many people as we can to email the cops and people in power to show we are not a minority. This is not limited to just Australians so if all of you guys could help and send an email to these people it will really help our cause.

I have a template letter below so all you guys need to really do is email this template letter to the following address:

[email protected]

This will really help a lot. Below is the letter.
Unless you guys feel like writing your own but with this letter its just a copy and paste job.

To whom it may concern;

I would like to express my support in the legalisation of Airsoft in Queensland, and hopefully Australia as a Nation. This is a great past time enjoyed in most countries, such as The United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada, Germany, Austria, and The United States of America, just to name a few. We have unfortunately fallen behind when it comes to the sport of Airsoft, for the National and State level firearms laws have identified or outlined an Airsoft "Gun", a prohibited or Regulated Firearm.

The Airsoft "Guns" themselves are no more than a toy, and incapable of causing severe harm or death to a person, though I understand other risks and dangers that may concern you, these risks can be mitigated by proper and fair regulations. I do encourage you to consider legalising Airsoft, for Queenslanders to enjoy and play a safe and alternative sport.

It has been a terrible shame that the citizens of Australia must travel abroad to enjoy such sporting events, with correct regulations and legalisation of Airsoft in Queensland, it would put Australia ahead for national legalisation to be implemented, I would also like to take this moment to thank you for your time.

Thanks (Your Name Here)

If anyone can help with this it will be much appreciated. Maybe one day Australia may be able to enjoy the sport all you guys enjoy.

Arthur

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

as much as i feel for your plight, i dont think they'll listen to a brit (ie me) but good luck getting your fellow ozzies to band together!

Disagree, I'll email it, with an addendum based upon my own personal experiences of airsoft within the uk, can't help to put a personal spin on it, plus mentioning the fact that so many serving police & armed forces play, utilizing airsoft as a professional training tool.

Archived