Flat Hop / new hop chamber

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm trying to find out what I need to be able to do it and if it's possible for the SVU - any help would be much appreciated.
The range currently is somewhat underwhelming. 
And I remember @Sniper780 mentioned that flat hop was the way to go.
So - what do I need? Will any flat hop do? Will any nub do?
Should I change the hop chamber while I'm at it? Are there any that would fit?
Any help much appreciated.
TIA.

• Supporters

You need a dedicated flay hop nub, you can get pre made flat rubbers or just hack up an old rubber to make one, all you do is turn it inside out, cut the bump and alignment rib off so its smooth inside then put it back on at 90 degrees to original.

I bought the flat Prometheus nubs and then hacked a guarder clear rubber like @Adolf Hamster has suggested. It's working a treat now! It helps if you have a very sharp knife to shave the ridges off the rubber. I used a craft knife. 
I didn't need to change the hop unit as I already was using the rubber in the aeg, so knew the airseal was fine.

• Supporters

The nub in my flat-hopped AEP is a piece of pencil eraser.  I wouldn't claim that it's ideal, but it's functional and I can over-hop 0.36g with the flat hopped stock bucking.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

The nub in my flat-hopped AEP is a piece of pencil eraser.  I wouldn't claim that it's ideal, but it's functional and I can over-hop 0.36g with the flat hopped stock bucking.

hey if it works it works

my makarov outshoots a not insignificant number of other people's rifles and all it has is a hacked up bit of g&g hop rubber as a spacer to the stock hop and the rest of it is as WE made it.....

just finished putting together a mate's gun, it's basically a somewhat battle weary g&g raider but under the hood it's flat hopped with a titan and a 40k motor so some poor sucker is going to find out the meaning of the word "sleeper" at 30rps :P

Archived