Recommend a decent out-of-the-box DMR?

John1970
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does such a thing exist?

Looking for a semi-auto only AEG with decent stock accuracy and range for a newbie ( i have shaky hands, messing with wiring/tiny screws etc tricky for me).

It would be nice if the FPS was easily adjustable too - is this all too much to ask?

Willing to pay up to £500-£600 (give or take some), though less would be nice, of course.

Suggestions?

• Supporters

SR25 is possibly your best bet. You will still have to tinker as a good Airsoft gun is always built not bought. But the SR25 is a good base.

You can turn any gun into a DMR though...

EDIT: or an m14...

Read about the Real Sword SVD, rare as you say, also quite spendy initially - and spare parts also hard to come by.

Some have said the Cyma SVD isn't bad - also hard to source though, it seems.

Meh.

SR25 is worth further consideration 👍

1 hour ago, John1970 said:

Read about the Real Sword SVD, rare as you say, also quite spendy initially - and spare parts also hard to come by.

Some have said the Cyma SVD isn't bad - also hard to source though, it seems.

Meh.

SR25 is worth further consideration 👍

I understand that if one asks nicely, then @CES_williamson of swasairsoft may be able to get hold of one.....

There is a RS Svd for sale here https://www.prefired.com/ads/svd-real-sword-dragunov/ but I would personally see if you could try and haggle the price down because what they are offering is not worth £600 pounds in my opinion.

I’d rather buy the Cyma svd which is a clone and throw £100 at it than pay those stupid prices.

To answer the question though.. there isn’t really any out of the box AEG that gives you a significant range and accuracy advantage over a normal ‘assault rifle’ aeg

DMR’s and snipers are built, not bought. 

9 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I’d rather buy the Cyma svd which is a clone and throw £100 at it than pay those stupid prices.

To answer the question though.. there isn’t really any out of the box AEG that gives you a significant range and accuracy advantage over a normal ‘assault rifle’ aeg

DMR’s and snipers are built, not bought. 

Absolutely right in this individual case considering that they do not appear to have any of the original paperwork, box, scope bag, scope maintenance kit, rubber eye relief, cleaning kit and disassembly tools, it looks to me personally like they brought it second hand and are trying to make a profit. the only saving grace is that it a gen2 so no need to buy and install the Gearbox Unlock Switch.  

Archived