Jump to content
BoomingHedgie

TM Glock 17 Gen3 or WE Glock 17 Gen4

Recommended Posts

I’m at the stage of buying my first sidearm and I’ve decided I want a Glock 17 however, I can’t decide which one to get!

 

So I thought I would call upon my fellow airsofters and ask you that given the choice would you purchase the TM Glock 17 Gen3 or the WE Glock 17 Gen4?

 

Please try to explain why you’d pick one over the other. I’m interested in knowing about reliability, maintenance, accessories such as holsters, extra mags etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got the WE G18 gen 4 which is the same basic gun and have to say I am very happy with it. It's been totally reliable, I tend to run on Red gas which gives a nice snap with the metal slide. I may be stressing some parts but for the amount of use the gun gets I am not concerned . Used it in a couple of long pistol games last evening and had a blast. The mags fill well without the blowback that TM ones seem to be known for and gas consumption , at least on red, seems pretty good, I probably get 2 full mags from one refill. I went for the WE because I wanted the metal slide and their pistols seem to be a decent quality now. Ive since bought their WW2 spec 1911 for an SOE based idea. No experience of the TM Glock but I would imagine it's a quality item, as I said I wanted the metal slide though for authenticity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nick G said:

I've got the WE G18 gen 4 which is the same basic gun and have to say I am very happy with it. It's been totally reliable, I tend to run on Red gas which gives a nice snap with the metal slide. I may be stressing some parts but for the amount of use the gun gets I am not concerned . Used it in a couple of long pistol games last evening and had a blast. The mags fill well without the blowback that TM ones seem to be known for and gas consumption , at least on red, seems pretty good, I probably get 2 full mags from one refill. I went for the WE because I wanted the metal slide and their pistols seem to be a decent quality now. Ive since bought their WW2 spec 1911 for an SOE based idea. No experience of the TM Glock but I would imagine it's a quality item, as I said I wanted the metal slide though for authenticity. 

Thanks for the reply mate.

 

I was thinking about the metal slide but I've been told (and I don't know if this is true or not) that the sidearms with metal slides require more maintenance than the all plastic sidearms?

 

Something to do with using grease, gun oil etc. to keep the parts moving nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to put a third choice to you.

 

Tokyo Marui Glock 22.

RocketDogbert (our Glock expert) says they are improved on the G17 design.

 

Plus "Blitz" from Alpha Wolves Tactical rates his very highly

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I'm going to put a third choice to you.

 

Tokyo Marui Glock 22.

RocketDogbert (our Glock expert) says they are improved on the G17 design.

 

Plus "Blitz" from Alpha Wolves Tactical rates his very highly

 

 

I didn't even know you could get a Glock 22!

 

I really like the look of that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it has a reinforced trigger bar and some other updates bits too.

 

@rocketdogbert should be able to confirm, but I'm sure all the usual G17/18 upgrades fit ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a WE G19 and the Hop is not great. 

 

My brother has a TM G18c and he loves it. 

 

I personally think that TM make better gbbs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose I ought to weigh in with my own experience as well..

 

I've had two WE G19s and one WE G17 (Albeit a Split Slide "High Speed" version).

You want to replace the Hop up units and inner barrel immediately for a Maple Leaf Drop in:

 

G19 Version:

https://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/Maple-Leaf-WE-TM-Glock-19-Hop-Unit-And-Inner-Barrel-Set.html

 

G17/18 version:

https://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/Maple-Leaf-Glock-Hop-Unit-And-Inner-Barrel-Set.html

 

These alone will massively improve the accuracy and range over the standard set ups and they are dead easy to install. Literally minutes.

The G19 will definitely need this as I found the accuracy is a bit pants on the standard barrel and hop.

 

The metal slides are nice on the WE and add the weight you want from the gun.

But looking forward, my next Glock will be a Tokyo Marui. I want reliability and efficiency for the next one.

 

I'd go TM, and go G22.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I suppose I ought to weigh in with my own experience as well..

 

I've had two WE G19s and one WE G17 (Albeit a Split Slide "High Speed" version).

You want to replace the Hop up units and inner barrel immediately for a Maple Leaf Drop in:

 

G19 Version:

https://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/Maple-Leaf-WE-TM-Glock-19-Hop-Unit-And-Inner-Barrel-Set.html

 

G17/18 version:

https://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/Maple-Leaf-Glock-Hop-Unit-And-Inner-Barrel-Set.html

 

These alone will massively improve the accuracy and range over the standard set ups and they are dead easy to install. Literally minutes.

The G19 will definitely need this as I found the accuracy is a bit pants on the standard barrel and hop.

 

The metal slides are nice on the WE and add the weight you want from the gun.

But looking forward, my next Glock will be a Tokyo Marui. I want reliability and efficiency for the next one.

 

I'd go TM, and go G22.  

To be honest I think you have swayed me to the TM Glock 22.

 

What would be a suitable holster for the pistol and some extra mags?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoomingHedgie said:

What would be a suitable holster for the pistol and some extra mags?

 

Depends what sort of holster you want really.

 

I really liked my Warrior Universal Pistol Holster.

Looks nice, fits more than one type of pistol and is cheap and durable.

 

Holds the Glocks well and I was so confident they'd never fall out, that I stopped using my Pistol bungee cord!

Pushing down with your thumb to release the latch on the trigger guard is super easy and makes drawing the gun lightning fast as well. 

 

https://www.uktactical.com/p-11449-warrior-universal-pistol-holster-black.aspx

 

In fact.. here's photos of mine with my old glocks in:

 

fghbPJv.jpg

ZAaw9F5.jpg

K5Kz3bF.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

FMA make a copy of the Warrior UPH. Think it's around £24...

I can't attest to its quality though. Maybe something you could put to the OneTigris product development team? ;)

 

https://www.weapon762.com/holster/232-fma-universal-pistol-retention-system-for-belt.html?search_query=fma+holster&results=39

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently running a WE G17, with maple leaf hop unit and crazy jet barrel.

 

Can't fault it, shoots fantastic.

 

i get 345/350 fps on green with a .2 bb, accurate up to 50/60m

 

I also have a we G34, which is almost stock.  Only changes I've mage is a auto bot rubber and F key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went straight for a TM G17 this time last year. mainly because everybody raves about TMs being that great out of the box :)...nad i wanted to be common and get a G17!

 

Been looking at the MK23, but may wait until i can play more games!

 

heres a G22 / G17 comparison that may help

 

http://sixmil.blogspot.com/2016/06/tm-glock-22-and-glock-17-differences.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×