Decent eye/face pro brands? (Dye i4??)

E21A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I’ll be booking my first skirmish end of this month/ start of next and would like to have my own eye/face pro (don’t fancy sweaty rental mask! Lol) 

Can I have some suggestions of good brands to look at? Are bolle any good? 

Ive also seen dye i4 recommended a few times, but prices vary quite a lot. I like the idea of a mask. Im happy to spend decent money for decent gear but don’t want to get mugged off, so where is the best place to buy from?  

Also do they come in non natty colours? Hahaha

thanks in advance 

Are you over or under 18? I only ask because if under than you will more than likely require full face protection. Over and you can have goggles/glasses and a lower mask. 

Personally I have used bolle glasses (tracers and cobras) which can be picked up for around £10 off amazon. both can fog, especially indoors. Abby anti-fog spray helps I have found. 

I now use a pair of revision bullet ant goggles, these no long fogg up at all since I remove the foam from the tops of the lenses. 

All three types I have had shot at directly in the lenses multiple times and they have performed well. 

I just wear a One Tigris lower face mesh mask. with the goggles/glasses. I prefer this as in between games I can remove it when talking to people, without having to go back to the safe zone.

I don't have any experience wearing masks, but paintball sites are apparently rather good for buying them from and not ending up with a fake.

Sorry sir we already have a weekly "What eye pro shall I buy?" thread... :P

In all seriousness there's some good advice in this thread, try using the search function.

20 hours ago, Duff said:

Sorry sir we already have a weekly "What eye pro shall I buy?" thread... :P

In all seriousness there's some good advice in this thread, try using the search function.

Yea I’m not a 14 year old retard haha, I know what I want, just looking for suggestions of reputable manufactures. 

20 hours ago, Arwen said:

Are you over or under 18? I only ask because if under than you will more than likely require full face protection. Over and you can have goggles/glasses and a lower mask. 

Personally I have used bolle glasses (tracers and cobras) which can be picked up for around £10 off amazon. both can fog, especially indoors. Abby anti-fog spray helps I have found. 

I now use a pair of revision bullet ant goggles, these no long fogg up at all since I remove the foam from the tops of the lenses. 

All three types I have had shot at directly in the lenses multiple times and they have performed well. 

I just wear a One Tigris lower face mesh mask. with the goggles/glasses. I prefer this as in between games I can remove it when talking to people, without having to go back to the safe zone.

I don't have any experience wearing masks, but paintball sites are apparently rather good for buying them from and not ending up with a fake.

Im well and truly over 18 sadly :( 

thanks for the suggestions, I’ll look into them 

Go for the dye i4. It's great - looks good, can see everything, doesn't fog, comfy, fits small faces. Even if you don't get on with it you can sell it on for not too much of a loss in the correct fb groups. £55 on bzpaintball (https://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/paintball-goggles/dye-goggles) which is nothing compared to the money you'll spend on everything else and it'll be the only eyepro you ever need..

I started off with Bollé Cobra's which were ok the first time I played at Red1 Chislehurst. They did take a few dinks due to the closer ranges on that site.

My second game at Battle Lakes, the Cobra's were fogging up like you wouldn't believe. Enough to make me come to close to rage quitting. After that I learnt they were fine if you spent the time to treat them properly... wash them the night before the game, microfibre cloth to dab dry, leave a thin layer of fairy liquid on them to dry. I also used an anti-fog spray just before play started. That worked for half a day.

Recently bought the Pyramex dual pane goggles for around 23 quid on amazon after seeing the rave reviews on Youtube. Playing the 29th so I'll update.

Side note: a friend of mine spent a chunk on Wiley X Spear's. They fogged until he removed the foam on top, which didn't cure it but made it better. He will be using dual pane lenses that cost the same as my entire goggles, so i'll update on that aswell.

• Supporters

The Pyramex dual panes are the least bad passive glasses that I've found so far, when used in conjunction with Cat-Crap anti fog spooge.  However what finally worked for me was a set of fan goggles from Taiwangun.  One tiny fan running off a 1.5V AA battery at two speeds, I really didn't expect it to clear them, but it actually did.  I had a 3.7V 14500 lithium battery to hand in case I needed to run the fan crazy fast, but the 1.5V alkaline actually did the job.  I'm a... fan.

Archived