Eotech clones that actually work?

E21A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I get that, but I have red dots with smaller windows and mirrored glass that aren’t dark at all. I think it’s the shroud 

3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I get that, but I have red dots with smaller windows and mirrored glass that aren’t dark at all. I think it’s the shroud 

The red dots are open, like you say, which makes the difference when light can’t get in the front or back of the sight.

I like experimenting, I might by one and play around, see what can be done with it, I have a few ideas

2 hours ago, E21A said:

Thanks 

I got a different style in the end but I’ve just bought another rifle so may look into your suggestions as I’ll be wanting another optic soon. 

Is there a reason you wanted an Eotech style, or just because you like it? I would say if your budget allows there are some very good red dot sights on offer these days... the G&P T1 is very good as are the vortex optics (AR, SPARC, Crossfire) these have amazing eye relief and are mainly used in the real steel world but are being used by airsofters and stock by airsoft shops more often at the moment due to the cost/reliability/quality factor

It was just because I liked the look of them really. 

I dont want want to be spending much over £40 either at the moment but there’s plenty of stuff at that price bracket to choose from. 

• Root Admin

But your OP says that you want one that's not blurry. Unfortunately - in my experience - you have to pick one: Exterior looking nice or a semi-crisp and bright reticule.

Which is why I'll always recommend a UTG ITA if you're on a budget as they might not be lookers but they won't get knackered after a year of rough and tumble and are bright enough for woodland. With clones it's luck of the draw on whether you get a good one - I don't think I know of a consistent brand that makes clones like the one you want, sorry :(

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, E21A said:

It was just because I liked the look of them really. 

I dont want want to be spending much over £40 either at the moment but there’s plenty of stuff at that price bracket to choose from. 

22 minutes ago, proffrink said:

But your OP says that you want one that's not blurry. Unfortunately - in my experience - you have to pick one: Exterior looking nice or a semi-crisp and bright reticule.

Which is why I'll always recommend a UTG ITA if you're on a budget as they might not be lookers but they won't get knackered after a year of rough and tumble and are bright enough for woodland. With clones it's luck of the draw on whether you get a good one - I don't think I know of a consistent brand that makes clones like the one you want, sorry :(

This^ unfortunately. 

You can have a good sight or a cheap one. You won't get a decent holographic for £40 unless it's second hand.

Yea this was my discovery. The red dot I ended up getting was god enough for the money, will see how long it lasts! 

Once i I get into skirmishing properly I’ll make the investment in something decent. 

Archived