what fire mode do you use

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i usualy fire in bursts, unless you have a god ROF i dont find semi responsive, and its been told that semi (over time) does more dammage to you gun .... duno how true this is?

those who do use semi, do you find your batterys lasting longer?

• Supporters

Semi, if they dont take there hits it quickly goes to full auto, when giving cover often few shots off in semi unless its a team mad sprint in which case its full auto again.

full auto in a 4 shot burst with the odd 100 round burst if someones got the flag

I never use anything more than 3-4 round bursts if you are using more than that you are either;

1. A rich ####

2. have no idea where the incoming fire is coming from

3. 14

4. Going for the flag or a last push

(only No# 4 is acceptable in my books)

5. or is some wee mw2 ***** just noob tubed you at 2 feet even thow your wearing a hi vis vest

6. Fed up with someone not calling their hits so you make them SCREAM "hit"

I only use semi when I chrono.

This is for 2 very important reasons -

1)I'm a frickin' support gunner, I'm hardly going to be suppressing someone with single shot

2)The semi setting on the ICS SA80 family is...'fragile'. I'd rather not have to spend £35 on a new trigger set.

In all honesty, I rarely fire more than 6 rounds/burst. Biggest burst I've ever done (and have no intentions of ever repeating) was all 50 rounds. That was a very special circumstance - I was all alone on defence, and almost all of the enemy team was inside our base.

I only use semi when I chrono.

This is for 2 very important reasons -

1)I'm a frickin' support gunner, I'm hardly going to be suppressing someone with single shot

2)The semi setting on the ICS SA80 family is...'fragile'. I'd rather not have to spend £35 on a new trigger set.

do you find that you vest/webbing sometimes knocks the l85 back into single shot?

I used to use full auto, but since my gun had feeding problems, and i made a custom reload system with a speed loader, and now i use 4-round burst or semi

do you find that you vest/webbing sometimes knocks the l85 back into single shot?

Yes and no. It does happen, but not nearly as much as people warn you about, or the ammount the newspapers said happened with the real steel SA80.

For example - sometimes, I can be sprinting with my Saytie right over my chest webbing, rubbing all over the place and hitting my mag pouches - but nothing happens.

Then I might be moving slowly and carefully, and suddenly it'll briefly catch on my jacket sleeve, and suddenly I'm in semi.

Do you have STAR/Ares or ICS?

If you have ICS - be very careful. In semi, the trigger set can break if the gun locks up (pull the trigger and SNAP, you need to buy a new trigger set). And when you're shooting too. I saw a guy knock the selector from full to semi whilst shooting and it shredded the piston.

thats happened to my brother when he was using my lsw (ics) shreded it to ribbons

thats happened to my brother when he was using my lsw (ics) shreded it to ribbons

Yeah, I'm paranoid about it happening with my LSW. That said, I frequently 'cheat' and use it lefthanded.

Today I was mostly using full auto, looooong bursts. I was film-softing, it required me to shoot like a noob. And charge like Rambo, SIG in one hand, LSW in the other. Most fun I've had in a while...

• 2 weeks later...

Whatevers suitable at the time, dont really think 'right gotta stay on single/short/long bursts...' although saying that im using long bursts atm to sort out my new gun and its spring... <_< but i tend to stay on short bursts

That said, I frequently 'cheat' and use it lefthanded.

I can fire lefthanded with rifles... i cant seem to get the front sight to line up with the rear... it would be good if i could... i would allow me to shoot around some corners without exposing myself to much... any advice

Archived