Custom Work Recommendations?

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can anyone recommend a someone or a place that does great work on bespoke AEGs?

As in painting/air brush stuff?

Or internal upgrades for better performance?

Or something else, in which I have completely lost the plot and misunderstood you?

As in painting/air brush stuff?

Or internal upgrades for better performance?

Or something else, in which I have completely lost the plot and misunderstood you?

Depends on what you want and how much you are willing to spend.

As in either buying a complete aeg then upgrading the internals, or starting with just a receiver and building up a custom from there. Complete budget likely up to around the £500 mark. I want to work with a pro on it rather than just DIY it because I'm not exactly an engineer and might miss something tiny like getting a shim slightly wrong, then ending up buggering the gearbox after a couple hundred shots because of it.

Why not just buy a decent gun in the first place. £500 gives you plenty of choice and to beat the performance and quality of guns in that price range will cost more than £500.

Because A] I can't find one that has all the different aspects I'm looking for, and B] I want something personal to me.

I would start with the shops, most offer technician services and if your handing over alot of cash for work Id stick with a trusted company that will offer warranty on parts etc.

What aspects are you looking to have ? Chances are the work will require a Base gun anyway and you would be better off buying something decent from the get go than paying someone to build something along the same lines at twice the price

I would start with the shops, most offer technician services and if your handing over alot of cash for work Id stick with a trusted company that will offer warranty on parts etc.

What aspects are you looking to have ? Chances are the work will require a Base gun anyway and you would be better off buying something decent from the get go than paying someone to build something along the same lines at twice the price

Hence the post - anyone worked with a particular shop or tech before, any experiences or recommendations?

• Supporters

Because A] I can't find one that has all the different aspects I'm looking for, and B] I want something personal to me.

What aspects are you looking for?

When you say personal to you what do you mean exactly? If you just want the internals sprucing up thats within your price range but if you want true custom one of a kind unique then you need to up your budget.

What aspects are you looking for?

When you say personal to you what do you mean exactly? If you just want the internals sprucing up thats within your price range but if you want true custom one of a kind unique then you need to up your budget.

Well really that's why I'm looking for someone to sit down with for a few minutes to discuss what's feasible within the budget. I have a good idea of where I want to go with it, but it comes down to looking at whether or not its easier to be done by building one up from mix and match receivers, barrels, motors etc, or buying a complete gun, stripping out half the internals and replacing them, along with some other parts.

Ideally along the lines of:

HK416-style lower

Magpul PRS-style stock

19.5" 6.03mm Barrel

Full length RIS

MODIFY Bushings

Systema M150 Spring

Prometheus Super Triple Torque gears

Systema Magnum motor

Supercore Piston

Ported Piston head and double O-ring Cylinder head

MadBull Hard Hopup Bucking

The list goes on a little, with ACOG, stubby foregrip, bipod, ergo pistol grip, possibly programmable mosfet to be able to set safe-semi only...

custom_hk416_dmr.jpg

So where actually do you want to go with it? what do you want it to do? long range? high ROF? light weight? custom receiver design so not a "real" gun?

If you want a gun that shoots straight and has your fields fps limit then it isn't really a bespoke gun, it is just a sorted gun.

What gun do you currently have and what would you want to change about it?

• Supporters

Well really that's why I'm looking for someone to sit down with for a few minutes to discuss what's feasible within the budget. I have a good idea of where I want to go with it, but it comes down to looking at whether or not its easier to be done by building one up from mix and match receivers, barrels, motors etc, or buying a complete gun, stripping out half the internals and replacing them, along with some other parts.

Ideally along the lines of:

HK416-style lower

Magpul PRS-style stock

19.5" 6.03mm Barrel

Full length RIS

MODIFY Bushings

Systema M150 Spring

Prometheus Super Triple Torque gears

Systema Magnum motor

Supercore Piston

Ported Piston head and double O-ring Cylinder head

MadBull Hard Hopup Bucking

The list goes on a little, with ACOG, stubby grip, bipod, possibly programmable mosfet...

Looking at your list I would recommend that you email it round to techs and see what response you get.

Any that reply back that you have made a good choice of parts ignore.

Anyway I am out as you peaked my interest at first with custom but lost it with your list.

Best of luck though.

Looking at your list I would recommend that you email it round to techs and see what response you get.

Any that reply back that you have made a good choice of parts ignore.

Anyway I am out as you peaked my interest at first with custom but lost it with your list.

Best of luck though.

Well then maybe I've got things on my list wrong - as I say, I'm not claiming to be any kind of expert. I just know what I want out of my gun, and I want someone who'll happily work with me to get it where it needs to be.

So where actually do you want to go with it? what do you want it to do? long range? high ROF? light weight? custom receiver design so not a "real" gun?

If you want a gun that shoots straight and has your fields fps limit then it isn't really a bespoke gun, it is just a sorted gun.

What gun do you currently have and what would you want to change about it?

I'm not looking to modify a gun I already have, I want this to be personal to me and done up from new.

A long barrel DMR, ergonomic grips, adjustable PRS stock, full metal, straight consistent semi auto AEG that'll keep Geoffs .36 and .4 BBs flying where they're meant to. Something with a setup that nobody else will have, because each outer part I picked for its own reason. Sick of looking at an M4 and thinking "but I don't like the grip design" and then looking at an SR25 and thinking "but I don't like the stock design" and looking at an ACR and thinking "but I don't like the barrel and rail setup". I don't want just another M4, just another AK47, just another Honey Badger.

• Supporters

Unfortunately Hk416/417 with magpul style prs stock are very common. First 417 I ever built was very similar to your picture.

With the AR15 platform its basically impossible to build a unique style gun with off the shelf parts as every conceivable permutation has been done a thousand times. The only way is to have custom parts machined and that doesn't come cheap.

Best thing to do is contact your local store and talk to their tech because what you are after is a pretty straightforward build that any tech should be able to do easily.

Unfortunately Hk416/417 with magpul style prs stock are very common. First 417 I ever built was very similar to your picture.

With the AR15 platform its basically impossible to build a unique style gun with off the shelf parts as every conceivable permutation has been done a thousand times. The only way is to have custom parts machined and that doesn't come cheap.

Best thing to do is contact your local store and talk to their tech because what you are after is a pretty straightforward build that any tech should be able to do easily.

Well I've not seen one yet. And I don't mind if there happens to be someone else with something similar, I'd be happy because I'd know I came up with my own concept for it without looking at someone else's.

A more realistic composite I did this morning. You can't say that doesn't look badass.

custom_realistic.jpg

It does look nice , you obviously have a good idea of what you want , and as already mentioned your best bet is to go to your local shop or check places to buy sub forum and pick a reputable retailer to call and ask , they will price all the parts up and stick a hourly rate on top and you can go from there , the tech will be able to suggest items but until it's built and tested you won't know what needs tweaking unlike a ready built Base gun so you may need to budget for that aswell.

So back to the original question - in terms of this, is there any particular place or person one can recommend that have done stuff like this for you before?

My advice: don't prioritise form over function. Somebody else said you'd be better off getting a more well made, effective AEG for that price.

I've just bough a TM scar CQC. As with most TM's the build quality is solid and the hop ups are the best (so even firing lower FPS, it should shoot better than most out of the box). I intend to turn it into a beast of a gun (a few aesthetic pieces and a number of internal buffs) but i have a solid foundation with which to do so.

Buying a lower quality item and investing money into it is not wise. I intend to add the extras as i go along. I'd rather be the guy with the stock BMW than the guy who invested a small fortune into modifying a Skoda Fabia..

I would recommend buying a gun for around the £400-500 mark and buying whatever you can afford to go with it (it seems the stock is the thing you want most). Gradually upgrade it to look how you want it.

Compromising on quality just so you can stand out as 'original' is not a good idea IMO.

I know that Fire Support will turn any AEG into a DMR and their prices seem fair (i got my AEG from there)

Can I just ask if you have taken the practicality of this weapon platform into account?

Building a custom gun is awesome but are you sure you want to spend so much on something you will be very limited with?

It will pretty much be only usable in long range woodland type scenarios and that's it.

Considering that many Milsim's in the UK typically take place in a FIBUA village (as far as I can see), you will be very ineffective in such a situation due to your MED.

As well as that, CQB fields are pretty much off limits to you. Just something to consider.

Can I just ask if you have taken the practicality of this weapon platform into account?

Building a custom gun is awesome but are you sure you want to spend so much on something you will be very limited with?

It will pretty much be only usable in long range woodland type scenarios and that's it.

Considering that many Milsim's in the UK typically take place in a FIBUA village (as far as I can see), you will be very ineffective in such a situation due to your MED.

As well as that, CQB fields are pretty much off limits to you. Just something to consider.

Long woodland and open hills is pretty much 99% of what I play.

Never been to a CQB field, the only sites I play at I always end up sliding into a DMR role even if I don't have that kind of weapon.

• 1 month later...

It would be better to start with maybe a G&P mk18. Just google 'g&p mk18 prs' that should be similar to what you want and you can just sink a little money into a scope, bipod and an rhop or something. Take it from me, as cool as the hk416 looks, the lower really limits the mags you can use. Maybe stick with an M4 lower and 416 upper and ris only if you still wanna go for a ground up build but be prepared to pay at least double for a build from scratch.

post-14581-0-28434800-1484152879_thumb.jpg

Alternatively you could thro a prs on an m14 ebr..

post-14581-0-00104300-1484153030_thumb.jpg

[edited to add pic and correct my auto correct... it's rhop, not f*cking rhino you dumb iPad]

It would be better to start with maybe a G&P mk18. Just google 'g&p mk18 prs' that should be similar to what you want and you can just sink a little money into a scope, bipod and an rhop or something. Take it from me, as cool as the hk416 looks, the lower really limits the mags you can use. Maybe stick with an M4 lower and 416 upper and ris only if you still wanna go for a ground up build but be prepared to pay at least double for a build from scratch.

attachicon.gifIMG_0145.JPG

Alternatively you could thro a prs on an m14 ebr..

attachicon.gifIMG_0146.JPG

[edited to add pic and correct my auto correct... it's rhop, not f*cking rhino you dumb iPad]

Agreed iv had HK416 and its really specific on what kind of mags it wants to feed with, tried 4 different mags until i found perfect ones. And yes £500 wouldnt cover entire gun id say he would have to spend way more then that when you would include tech work, hourly pay, etc.

Also G&P mk18 is a great choice to start the build. G&P's are great guns out of the box.

I always buy guns i like the look of and then build it my own way because if i was to buy the guns i build part by part id spend double my budget and not even be complete.

Can anyone recommend a someone or a place that does great work on bespoke AEGs?

Perhaps just buy a scar/masada with a bit of surface area and spend £100 on a good paintjob. Will be unique too.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/30118-custom-paint-work/

I can guarantee that whatever combo of parts you come up with you will inspire a copycat - not as easy with paintjob.

Archived