AK2M4

Philby21

I can't be the only one visiting your website daily seeing if the brushless motors have become available?

It's like the desperation to get Glasto tickets 🤣

Maple leaf and nub received in less than 24h. awesome. :) 

Just ordered one of your 6.00 barrels too just to see if i can make it work on the Famas.... :D 

36 minutes ago, Egon_247 said:

Maple leaf and nub received in less than 24h. awesome. :) 

Just ordered one of your 6.00 barrels too just to see if i can make it work on the Famas.... :D 

thanks so much, I've been cleaning, checking and testing them all before - exhausting.  🙂

was that the 470mm ?

Edited by ak2m4

Yeah, i think so. The TM manual says 488 but meh. :) 

1 hour ago, Egon_247 said:

Yeah, i think so. The TM manual says 488 but meh. :) 

I gave it a good test and got some amazing accuracy out of it.  give it a try and see how you get on.

I gotta get the gearbox back together with all the v2/v7 stuff in it yet 😂😂😁😱

Edited by Egon_247
Fat fingers

Well, ak2m4 does it again. Got home from work to a bouncy kid telling me I've got a weird looking parcel to open...😄

Those 6.00's are gorgeous. Just from en engineering perspective they look fantastic! Cheers bud. 

Now, cue the music ....😄

Went to @ak2m4again for some more bits, hope you had good down time early January (when I went looking for the parts). 

Super speedy postage and great looking bits.

3 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

Friday 9th and no brushless motors 😭

That money's burning a hole in my pocket.

I just got back home, there's a minor pinion fitment issue that I need to fix but the tester has been out with an independent guy so I'll post up his thoughts on the motor later this evening.

1 hour ago, ak2m4 said:

... there's a minor pinion fitment issue...

On that subject the XT D pinion is a tight fit on the XT 22 TPA motor, you need to be The Hulk to get it on (or I'm a wimp / should be using a tool to do it (I had to use a c clamp to get the last one on).

1 hour ago, Fatboy40 said:

On that subject the XT D pinion is a tight fit on the XT 22 TPA motor, you need to be The Hulk to get it on (or I'm a wimp / should be using a tool to do it (I had to use a c clamp to get the last one on).

i'm hoping to get some new CNC ones made in the spring but it's a tricky thing to machine correctly.  Priced around £10, bit different to £3 but super nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I appear to have spent more money at ak2m4. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 27/02/2024 at 14:12, Egon_247 said:

I appear to have spent more money at ak2m4. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And it arrived safe and sound. I like the flat postage box, make the posties job easier and I don't have to check the doorbell every 5 minutes 🤣

4 hours ago, Egon_247 said:

And it arrived safe and sound. I like the flat postage box, make the posties job easier and I don't have to check the doorbell every 5 minutes 🤣

that's wonderful news.  The flat little boxes are a godsend.  90% of the orders I have can fit into a Large Letter box, this allows me to keep the fee for Tracked 24 to just £3.30 (Royal Mail price rise imminent) plus you don't need to be in when the post arrives.  I could save a buck or 2 by going down the jiffy bag route like most other retailers but nah keep it boxed....