Instead of a cold steel knife.

K@rl
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I've carried this a fair few times:

u7vy.jpg

...but never actually got a kill with it.

From eBay it comes all silver and pretty naff looking, but some flat black Krylon and a bit of scruffying up later and it looks pretty evil IRL. TBH the times I've carried it have been with my custom loadouts, rather than my uniforms and one incident illustrates why, i think, i've never got close enough to anyone to actually use it...

It was the end phase of a game where we, the attackers, had unlimited regen while the defenders were on medic rules and then dead'n'out after their medics were hit - the winner was the team to clear out the defenders fastest. I dropped my sniper rifle and went into some undergrowth to flush any die-hards trying to add time by hiding rather than fighting. I drew my pistol on it's lanyard and put a few BB's into likely looking bushes...

...and to my amazement 2 people came out with their hands up shouting "hit" from places where my BB's could not have actually hit them and another gave himself away to a team mate of mine by wildly shooting at me on full-auto - basically they shat it!

And the moral of the story I spose: if you look like you intend to hurt people, regardless of how you may actually feel about how the game ought to be played, some people will suffer from a failure of morale, so carrying a fuck off melee weapon, big boots, pads, hard knuckle gloves, as well as having scruffy gear but all adjusted/tied/taped up tight, no rattle/no shine stylee, and your face completely hidden, may well be worth any additional hassle it represents for the sake of intimidation.

Although if i was fitter so i was faster on my feet, for sure I too would like to play 'shame-game' with ridiculous knife kills...

I've carried this a fair few times:

...but never actually got a kill with it.

From eBay it comes all silver and pretty naff looking, but some flat black Krylon and a bit of scruffying up later and it looks pretty evil IRL. TBH the times I've carried it have been with my custom loadouts, rather than my uniforms and one incident illustrates why, i think, i've never got close enough to anyone to actually use it...

It was the end phase of a game where we, the attackers, had unlimited regen while the defenders were on medic rules and then dead'n'out after their medics were hit - the winner was the team to clear out the defenders fastest. I dropped my sniper rifle and went into some undergrowth to flush any die-hards trying to add time by hiding rather than fighting. I drew my pistol on it's lanyard and put a few BB's into likely looking bushes...

...and to my amazement 2 people came out with their hands up shouting "hit" from places where my BB's could not have actually hit them and another gave himself away to a team mate of mine by wildly shooting at me on full-auto - basically they shat it!

And the moral of the story I spose: if you look like you intend to hurt people, regardless of how you may actually feel about how the game ought to be played, some people will suffer from a failure of morale, so carrying a f*ck off melee weapon, big boots, pads, hard knuckle gloves, as well as having scruffy gear but all adjusted/tied/taped up tight, no rattle/no shine stylee, and your face completely hidden, may well be worth any additional hassle it represents for the sake of intimidation.

Although if i was fitter so i was faster on my feet, for sure I too would like to play 'shame-game' with ridiculous knife kills...

Hmm, I actually need a machete to go with my Aussie Jungle gear.

My melee weapon of choice is the P1907 Bayonet. Shoot and scoot do a rubber replica, which I painted with silver paint. You can use it as a knife for scary 17 inch long knife kills, you can use it as a sword to fence with a guy who brings a light saber but if you really want an effect you can attach it to the front of your rifle and charge. Bayonet charges in airsoft actually work rather well as a diversionary tactic. No-one expects it so it scares the crap out of people and you can guarantee no-one will be shooting at or watching the rest of your team when you do it. Just remember to warn your team, the one time I tried it my own team were so scared that I was going to actually kill someone, they just froze and didn't manage to take advantage :D

If your site accepts them its a right laugh. Treat it like a grenade but you die as well, its worth it just to see the look on their face when they get covered in confetti. For best affect tape 3 together.

I hope they do. I will let you know.

• 8 months later...

Bit of a Necro, but Im trawling old posts for research....

At Dorking a while ago a guy on my team had one of those plastic medieval swords you get in the pound shop (usually with a silly helmet) He was charging a couple of players who were too busy laughing at him so he killed them, he then had to tell the rest of the other team to actually shoot him, everyone was stunned on both teams it was stupid and hilarious at the same time..

Seen all sorts larpy pig,dildo,rubber chicken,rubber zombie arm and my personal favourite party popper suicide bomb.

Pink Squeeky pig at the Mall was impressive, alongside the party poppers

Archived