G&G L85 problem (SA80)

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I noticed on Sunday that my SA80 started to make a whining noise for the first few shots when a new mag was inserted & double feeds aswell :( the hop unit is fine & fps remains the same

Could it be down to gears or spring etc

Just to add, it's was pissing it down all day but wasn't cold but I always take the weather factor into consideration

Or I could just do it myself as I'd rather fix it myself than over pay someone else

• Head Moderator

See , now what you want to do there mate is send it off to h&k and pay a stupid sum for them to fix it all ;)

Change it from A1 to the improved A2 version that works ;)

On the outside it is the L85A2

I didn't know that mate but it's typical, pay to send it abroad, pay to have it fixed or refined or made with our own materials then pay to bring it back

• Head Moderator

Our A1 version was terrible; firing pins broke, mags fell out when mag release was knocked, stoppages due to weak spring, need for the forward assist, etc. Once H&K made the mods to upgrade to the A2 version I found it to be a reliable and decent weapon.

I completely bipassed the A1 when I joined up from the army cadets using the cadet GP to the A2 with the mods already done so I didn't know that was the case

I loved the A2 which is why I'm keeping mine looking as it is so I have the old soldier 95 loadout as there's so many Afgan loadouts

Yes the battery was fully charged as I charge them the night before

Yes it's still double feeding & whining

It was all fine up until Sunday

Haven't had time to mess around with it yet as been busy but I'll check what you've suggested soon as I can

Done what I've Done with my we kept it standard look with susat. I am not a fan of the Daniel defence rail look.

I just had a army armaments l85 as a project with a very similar problem I had to strip gearbox down and put in all new gear set with a motor pinion too shimmed up and upgraded the piston. I used shs components for it all. Works spot on now.

It turned out to be the motor height adjustment screw (thanks sp00n you were spot on)

The constant vibration worked it loose so a bit of tempory thread locker (blue is temp, red is permanent in my little twin pack) so I can still undo it if needs be

I prefer the old look but after image research, not all British army persons had the DD rail attached, nor did they have mtp kit

I bought if off my mate (started airsoft together) so I know what he's done including the flat hop mod so gets out to 70m as one guy mentioned when he got hit :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.