Trouser modifications

AJWest

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

I'm getting back into airsoft after a 2 year break and I just bought some helikon trousers, trouble is they're quite baggy and a bit long, do you guys know of any decent craftsmen/tailors that could shorten them a bit and put crye style velcro tabs behind the knees and on the ankles

any help appreciated

Ask in the local dry cleaners.. most of em will be able to take em in etc.. may even be able to help with the velcro for a extra fee..

Worth an ask anyway!!

that's no use unfortunately, they're completely useless, couldn't even sew some creases into my work trousers, so I'm not even gonna bother with them

I got a feeling that tailoring is one those almost redundant services that you'll have to pay an unfair high price to have done, if you can find it, as 99% the people with the ability are imprisoned in 3rd world sweat-shops!

Try your local free paper or equivalent. Ours is full of local seamstresses.

Bought some nice jeans that needed sorting out and they cost me £12 for quite a comprehensive and very professional service - all done within 24hrs too.

Fair enuff.. being in London om surrounded by options. Have some decent ones near me that would do it..

What about an aunty with a sewing maching? The old birds in my family and the mrs' are pretty handy at that sort of thing..

As Albiscuit quite eloquently put it, reach out to family & friends etc to see if there's a decent seemstress that you can get hold of.

I'm fortunate that an Aunt of mine does just this, and she's carried out various repair jobs & amendments. My biggest drama is that I have short legs & a 32 waist, so I come up as medium but suffer with the length of the trousers!

Good luck!

Mike

My biggest drama is that I have short legs & a 32 waist, so I come up as medium but suffer with the length of the trousers!

Good luck!

Mike

Ditto! nice to know its not just me with an irritating body shape. unfortunately the only person in my family that was any good at this sort of thing is now sadly not with us, I have found fillmmur tactical [think that's spelt right] and he used to make trousers with what I want but unfortunately I don't use facebook so that is not really an option

Whereabouts are you from? - If by some chance you're close to Ashford in Kent I could always ask

I'm in the arse end of nowhere deep in bomber county, I'll have a look at that zipyard place, I threw together a facebook and have asked filmmuur to e-mail me so I'll see how that turns out as well

update: on the flimmuur front he doesn't do clothing anymore so that's another option gone sadly

If you're on Facebook there's another option. Look for a local "buying and selling" group for your town/county and put a post in there asking for someone who can do the alterations. I guarantee you'll be able to have someone come to your door, take them away to be done and return them for less than £15

• Supporters

Can't you just send them back and get the right size?

Or better yet get the TMC Crye copies from Ali express for £40

He did say he's an odd shape but yes, I'd try exchanging them for a better cut of trousers. Depends where he bought them I guess.

its not that they're the wrong size, they're just a lot baggier than i thought they'd be and they only come in one leg length annoyingly

• Supporters

its not that they're the wrong size, they're just a lot baggier than i thought they'd be and they only come in one leg length annoyingly

what style are they? BDU/CPU/SFU? Sounds like bdu, they're pretty baggy.

what style are they? BDU/CPU/SFU? Sounds like bdu, they're pretty baggy.

SFU next it says on the packaging

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.