Are GBB DMRs anygood?

iBrowniee x

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After I get my TM Mp7A1 I'm thinking of making a DMR. But instead of going for the usual M4 AEG is it possible to turn a GBB M4 into a DMR. If so are there any special parts that I will need and is it possible to put a miricle barrel in it.

I personally don't get great accuracy from my g5, but it's enough for my play style. As for miracle barrels, it depends on the gun, some use AEG parts, others need bespoke gbb parts. My g5 for example uses mostly AEG parts, and you can get a dmr kit for it.

The one warning I will give is that any CNN gun WILL kill any electronic sight you put on it. It's only a matter of time, unless you have more money than sense and buy a real steel sight. I'm not sure about magnified sights, but I wouldn't bet on the zeroing holding very long

• Supporters

I personally don't get great accuracy from my g5, but it's enough for my play style. As for miracle barrels, it depends on the gun, some use AEG parts, others need bespoke gbb parts. My g5 for example uses mostly AEG parts, and you can get a dmr kit for it.

The one warning I will give is that any CNN gun WILL kill any electronic sight you put on it. It's only a matter of time, unless you have more money than sense and buy a real steel sight. I'm not sure about magnified sights, but I wouldn't bet on the zeroing holding very long

You dont have to spend a lot on a red dot sight that can handle recoil

http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/leapers-utg-1x32-cqb-red-green-dot-sight--2-qd-base-mounts---scp-ds3840w-816-p.asp

Chuck an aimpoint magnifier clone behind it and sorted.

• Root Admin

I've built a G&P WOC M4 as a DMR - it's fairly consistent and will hit a body sized target at 40-45 metres, but you need to be willing to put down a lot of money for a very nice wide bore barrel, R-hop, bolt with NPAS, decent magazines and the rest.

Also a lot of time and patience. I wouldn't recommend it.

Oh and miracle barrels are over-advertised, average barrels that have made it in the states where they tend to buy most of their kit domestically. Cast the net wider and ORGA, PDI and Laylax/First/Prometheus make far better barrels. Wide bore is your best bet with a GBBR as your power source is basically limitless. Turning off the NPAS on mine gives me 520fps on Guarder black, so making up for that extra bore diameter isn't hard.

You dont have to spend a lot on a red dot sight that can handle recoil

http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/leapers-utg-1x32-cqb-red-green-dot-sight--2-qd-base-mounts---scp-ds3840w-816-p.asp

Chuck an aimpoint magnifier clone behind it and sorted.

I actually have one of those very sights... which i bought to replace another sight that was supposedly designed to handle the recoil of a shotgun/pistol. Until ive skirmished it fora few months and its still going strong, im gonna assume that its only a matter of time like my last one

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.