I guess i should introduce myself!

djben9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators

Hi guys,

So after a few posts elsewhere I thought I best pop in here and explain myself!

I first looked at Airsoft back in 1999/2000 but I never got around to actually doing anything about it, I joined various mailing lists and still to this day, read the FFZ one…

Does Airsoft Armouries still exist (not google yet!)

Time passed ,the laws changed, girlfriend became fiancée, fiancée became wife and 2 lovely children arrived, i got fatter and as many know your priorities in life change.

My brother has a stag do coming up, luckily they chose airsoft, at one fairly local, Urban Assault….so it got me back into the idea of trying again as I’ll actually be able to go J

Out came the old clothing and bits I had collected a long time ago from the parents loft where it has been for a few odd years…so fairly dated!, may not use as it seems you can wear what you like, although old clothes in case of snagging, I have variations so im prepared!….didn’t realise I had two old US carry all vests and a kevlar helmet! Haha…..suppose I can get rid of them somewhere!

So hopefully this will be one of many posts and I’ll see a few of you at various sites throughout the year….nearest to me is the RIFT woodland/training site but I live near Cambridge so I’ll look for a few more…..Fenland Airsoft….one near Cavenham?

Ok better go, work to do!

• Supporters

Welcome; and glad you are getting back into the sport :)

• Moderators

well brothers stag do went well on sat, i got my first game signed off so trying to book in a 2nd, although family commitments this may only be a half day here and there (can i do that anywhere or does it need to be the same place for 3 games for UKARA?)

Brother and a few of his mates enjoyed it (told them they would) so are looking to come back....well done Urban assault! :)

• Supporters

nearly all places will require you to play at one site for ukara

(tbh I can only see them allowing this if and it is still an if - if they had more than one site under their names)

makes it easier and more importantly your ukara entry on database is linked to you local regular site

half days do actually count - suppose you could book pay go out then go home

done that once or twice when my gun broke I went home home with the right hump stomping off about my toy broke

Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhh - its not fair wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Moderators

cheers SD, have been re-reading up on it, asking questions, little confused at one point and then had it explained at the end which was good!..

Shouldn't be a problem really, my bro liked UA so i can see it being a regular thing, but also fancy RIFT in Cottenham as i can cycle there so suits family commitments if needed...hopefully! :)....

1st things first i guess, i'll get UKARA first :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.