How you started

buckyr

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What a lovely post gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

My boy is pestering me to take him problem is hes only just turned 5.

Ghillie him up & give him a M200 Intervention sniper rifle. He will be a scalp collector!!!!!

My boy is really short for his age & wears all DPM, on his first skirmish he earned his airsoft nickname of "Ewok" He now has velcro tags that a regular made for him. My only issue is keeping up with him. If I ever loose him I just look for the most viscious & intense fighting & he will be there at the front giving it full welly!!!!!

• Supporters

wayy back around 1993 my brother got a springer bb gun, and he used to shoot me abit with it ... so naturally i got one, and so began our arms race, which ended in around 1998'ish when i bought a TM MP5K (at the time i couldnt even find spare mags)

after that my playing with them pretty much ended :(

back then me and my brother used to go paint balling every so often, but it was expensive so that ended that.

until 3 years ago, when i decided to see where BB gun technology had got too. i mistakenly bought a well d90h, from a "bb gun" website, and i was disappointed to say the least.

i then did what i should have initially done, and did some research, and bough a g&g cm16 raider from Z1 did some more reseach and went to my first skirmish ... and have been hooked ever since B)

• Supporters

I found out about airsoft ages ago when I was like 7-8 or something like that when me and my family came across the combat south safe zone whilst walking the dog- still got a few BBs in a tin somewhere that I picked up at the time. The staff at the time told us about the whole thing and how it worked etc, and then I just waited till I was old enough to join in an did so. I managed to talk a few friends into coming and all joined in and I imagine my Dad probably came along too the first time, simple as that lol

• Supporters

My first experience of airsoft was wandering into the middle of a weekend skirmish happening on public land round the corner from my house (in Hong Kong). When I was about 8. Something about 20 or 30 fully grown men in camo armed to the teeth stuck in the mind.

Fast forward about 6 years I joined the cadets and the schools shooting team, turns out I was good with a gun. I was allowed to shoot 40 to 60 rounds a week on the range for about 5 years at lunch time at school. Once I left school there was a big gun shaped space in my life.

I paintballed a few times at uni and with mates, the lack of realism, inaccuracy of the guns and crippling costs made it briefly enjoyable but not something I could have taken up long term. I had seen airsoft about 10 years ago as one of the clubs at a uni I was looking at but it wasn't until I had finished uni, had been traveling and started a fairly well paid career before I could justify the expense.

I turned up on my own, rented for 3 Saturdays. On the second, one of the regulars and I got chatting, he was on the opposition team and I think he respected how much fun I was having even though I was on my own, plus I had hit him a few times. 3rd time I was asked if I wanted to join their team. Now we meet up at as many games as possible.

Well..... I bought a Nerf gun for my 5 year old, now for those that have no clue, you can do as many upgrades to a Nerf gun as you can an Airsoft gun. Within 6 months I was modding every gun avalable and I was messing around with a 100fps Nerf, I soon realized that it's not a precise sport unless you spend loads of time and money. Plus I could no longer shoot my kid in the face with a modded blaster :) anyhow, a friend of mine had been going airsofting for a few years with his cadet friends but had been left behind as he didn't want to join the army as his friends had so I got into a conversation that ended up with me trying out his AEG and pistol. A couple of scoutthedoggie youtube vids later I decided to give it a go! Havent looked back since :)

A neighbour of mine set up a shooting range at our village fete. I was completely blown away by the realism of the RIFs and spent a fortune blasting away at paper targets. Fast-forward 3 years and I now have 7 RIFs of my own (4 distinct loadouts) and my neighbour (now one of my best friends) and I now skirmish regularly along with two others from the village that were converted at the same time.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.