New player accessories advice

Josh93

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Big no-no on the eye protection; don't skimp on it. Those aren't rated by anyone reputable for protection, and I wouldn't trust them.

Having said that, you'll probably be fine if you really can't fork out but if I were you I'd look on eBay and find some military surplus ballistics goggles. They're not as stylish, but they don't cost much and will do a better job (plus most come with interchangeable lenses). Consider looking up the ESS V12s as there are plenty knocking about.

Edit:

I've also found these guys brilliant for clothing and other stuff: http://www.shootercbgear.com/

Edit 2:

Also, if you're not wanting to fork out ridiculous amounts of money for gear then simply go second hand. The decent stuff takes years and years to come close to showing wear and so is generally available in very good condition.

If anybody else wanted to see.

Ditch those goggles and glasses straight away, you only get one pair of eyes. Id also scrap the cammies to, there junk and could pick up surplus geniuine stuff on ebay for the same price.

Ninja'd above.

Big no-no on the eye protection; don't skimp on it. Those aren't rated by anyone reputable for protection, and I wouldn't trust them.

Having said that, you'll probably be fine if you really can't fork out but if I were you I'd look on eBay and find some military surplus ballistics goggles. They're not as stylish, but they don't cost much and will do a better job (plus most come with interchangeable lenses). Consider looking up the ESS V12s as there are plenty knocking about.

Edit:

I've also found these guys brilliant for clothing and other stuff: http://www.shootercbgear.com/

Edit 2:

Also, if you're not wanting to fork out ridiculous amounts of money for gear then simply go second hand. The decent stuff takes years and years to come close to showing wear and so is generally available in very good condition.

I'm not sure why I even considered the goggles and glasses from that site to be honest I know I was something more solid than that. I'll have a look through that site too thanks.

I'm not on that tight of a budget really, I think I'm actually gonna go for ballistic glasses with a zan neoprene mask for eye and face protection.

Ditch those goggles and glasses straight away, you only get one pair of eyes. Id also scrap the cammies to, there junk and could pick up surplus geniuine stuff on ebay for the same price.

Ninja'd above.

Yeah fair point, I think that's likely what I'm going to do too.

Get an ESS Ice set of glasses, they're pretty cheap on eBay

They look pretty nice and yeah very reasonable price, I'll look at a few reviews and stuff later for those.

• Root Admin

I would give the usual recommendation of eye protection that wraps around like the ESS V12s (and many others) rather than just the glasses. The obvious downside is that they tend to be slightly less comfortable and fog up easier, but are safer. A decision for you to make of course.

Neoprene masks are a right bitch to run in as they limit breathing severely. I'd recommend something as thin as a gaiter but, again, pros and cons with each.

I would give the usual recommendation of eye protection that wraps around like the ESS V12s (and many others) rather than just the glasses. The obvious downside is that they tend to be slightly less comfortable and fog up easier, but are safer. A decision for you to make of course.

Neoprene masks are a right bitch to run in as they limit breathing severely. I'd recommend something as thin as a gaiter but, again, pros and cons with each.

Yeah that's the thing, I would worry about the ballistics for cqb but I just feel like the glasses would be fogging up constantly, may be something I need to experiment for myself.

Hmm I thought the neoprene would be a good option because it offers real protection from face shots, may find it too restricting though I guess we'll see. I think they look pretty good too.

• Root Admin

Fair enough. I'd say in CQB they're just a necessary because of the different angles you might be getting shot from. In woodland there's really less chance of getting hit from the side and so one can usually get away with just glasses.

A mesh mask is also a good compromise if you intend to do a fair bit of running around.

Fair enough. I'd say in CQB they're just a necessary because of the different angles you might be getting shot from. In woodland there's really less chance of getting hit from the side and so one can usually get away with just glasses.

A mesh mask is also a good compromise if you intend to do a fair bit of running around.

Yeah exactly that's the thing, still may end up in mesh but I've seen a few things about bbs shattering into eyes whiz doesn't sound nice, makes me go towards glasses/goggles.

• Supporters

Get goggles the ESS V12 are are a good shout. Get half face mesh mask if you want to keep your teeth, neoprene is uncomfortable and sweaty and doesn't really offer much protection.

BB's can shatter through mesh I have had it happen a few times but its never been worse that getting crap blown in your eyes on windy day bit of eye wash and sorted.

Get goggles the ESS V12 are are a good shout. Get half face mesh mask if you want to keep your teeth, neoprene is uncomfortable and sweaty and doesn't really offer much protection.

BB's can shatter through mesh I have had it happen a few times but its never been worse that getting crap blown in your eyes on windy day bit of eye wash and sorted.

Will definitely check those goggles out. The half face is a good shout too. The neoprene is more for outside/looks really but should help protect from getting marks all over my face for the areas that aren't covered like my forehead.

Basic red dots can be bought off eBay for 20 quid, Element Tac lights are like £50+ in the UK but £25 from Ali Express. Nextorch is a good brand also, have a WL10 myself.

Basic red dots can be bought off eBay for 20 quid, Element Tac lights are like £50+ in the UK but £25 from Ali Express. Nextorch is a good brand also, have a WL10 myself.

I went for a cheap red dot (cvlife for £17) in the end, still in a pickle looking for flashlights and grips, combined or individually. Finding weapon lights so expensive most of the time, may have to go with the other cheap option of the eagle 2in1 cree led flashlight for 17:50 if i don't find anything else. I'm looking to spend under £30 and preferably order from uk so i get it within a week otherwise i would have ordered the element m910a from china.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.