New player accessories advice

Josh93

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay so I have just bought a ics cxp 08 and have no accessories or attachments so far so I'm in the market for a few things, I was wondering if people on here to give advice in general or with regards to specific items etc for the following items.

I'm not sure if it's possible to get these things for cheap (under 30 for each)

- red dot/reflect sight

- flashlight (preferably with pressure pad that can go on the fore grip or whatever)

- forehand vertical grip

I saw a couple of items on Amazon, a red dot for under £17 by Clife and a flashlight with a pressure pad by eagle for under £25. Are these likely to be awful?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Supporters

Alright (cracks fingers).

Sights: what do you want? T1 style, Eotech, replica ACOG; there's tons.

Lights: not my area of expertise; give it an hour and someone who knows lights will come along and answer.

Foregrips: personal favourite is a Safariland GripPod; the pop out bipod is useful. For shorter foregrip a I would recommend a Magpul MOE RVG grip; cost around £20, I have one on my MP7 and it's great.

I like the t1 style and eotech style ones the acog is going to silly on a gun primarily for cqb.

The grip looks decent, the only reason I'm holding back on buying one is because I may end up getting a grip with a torch in 1.

• Supporters

Torches - Night Evolution tactical torches on Apex_Tac on Ebay. They're clones of Surefire lights and cost less than the equivalent Emerson clones. I've got three now.

I have one of the "multi-reticle reflex" sights from Amazon that cost about £12 and it's well worth the money for CQB.

• Supporters

Well, that didn't take long :). Look on Amazon; plenty of cheap replica sights there that are perfectly fine for airsoft... But if you really want high quality, get a real steel Eotech like me ;)

Torches - Night Evolution tactical torches on Apex_Tac on Ebay. They're clones of Surefire lights and cost less than the equivalent Emerson clones. I've got three now.

I have one of the "multi-reticle reflex" sights from Amazon that cost about £12 and it's well worth the money for CQB.

Okay so just the whole range, do you know which one specially that you use, the price of them ranges considerably.

Yeah well the reviews for the clife red dot isn't bad but I was just mindful of the fact it's only £15 or so, seems too cheap!

Well, that didn't take long :). Look on Amazon; plenty of cheap replica sights there that are perfectly fine for airsoft... But if you really want high quality, get a real steel Eotech like me ;)

I would love one but the prices are crazy for them!

• Supporters

You only got that because it was a gift so dont show off or brag too much, or I might load up with 0.4s and see how many times I can shoot it before it dies 😒

Dont spend too much on torches and sights think of them as consumables as they quite often get shot out or smacked off something. Look at the airsoftclub website they are a Hong kong store and sell decent stuff a lot cheaper than uk stores.

• Supporters

You only got that because it was a gift so dont show off or brag too much, or I might load up with 0.4s and see how many times I can shoot it before it dies

Dont spend too much on torches and sights think of them as consumables as they quite often get shot out or smacked off something. Look at the airsoftclub website they are a Hong kong store and sell decent stuff a lot cheaper than uk stores.

Don't hate Trigger :). Plus I've got protection on it. And +1 to overseas for accessories.

• Supporters

Hmm... Gonna need to make reinforcement from my 3D printer... Maybe plastic rebar? That worked for the Germans in Normandy...

You only got that because it was a gift so dont show off or brag too much, or I might load up with 0.4s and see how many times I can shoot it before it dies 😒

Okay great I'll have a look on there. Only problem I find with things like that is it can be harder to tell what sort of product you're getting and often a lack of reviews etc too.

• Supporters

I need to get face and eye protection and probably a belt and stuff too, my bank balance is gonna feel this!

Just worry about face and eye protection for now and pick the rest up later. You can chuck your spare mag in your pocket and the iron sights on the gun are fine for the mall. Just grab a cheap torch to use getting up and down the stairs I think weapon torches are a bad idea they just make you an easy target.

Edit: They sell cheap forgrips for a tenner in the site shop and also torches and weapon lights.

• Supporters

Yeah get the face protection first. Especially as you might not like what you first purchase and it can be quite game breaking, eye protection can be horrible if it fogs up or your eyes don't like mesh for instance.

Just worry about face and eye protection for now and pick the rest up later. You can chuck your spare mag in your pocket and the iron sights on the gun are fine for the mall. Just grab a cheap torch to use getting up and down the stairs I think weapon torches are a bad idea they just make you an easy target.

Edit: They sell cheap forgrips for a tenner in the site shop and also torches and weapon lights.

despite complaining I'm happy to buy the stuff I'm just trying to find a way to make it all cheaper really. I know a weapon torch is silly to use often but it's nice to have it there on a pressure pad for when you do want it. There's a cheap foregrip + torch with laser for about 25 dollars on the site you mentioned which seems good.

Yeah get the face protection first. Especially as you might not like what you first purchase and it can be quite game breaking, eye protection can be horrible if it fogs up or your eyes don't like mesh for instance.

Yeah I've only used the rental face masks at reading and they're not great, would like goggles and full face protection ideally

• Supporters

despite complaining I'm happy to buy the stuff I'm just trying to find a way to make it all cheaper really. I know a weapon torch is silly to use often but it's nice to have it there on a pressure pad for when you do want it. There's a cheap foregrip + torch with laser for about 25 dollars on the site you mentioned which seems good.

If your on about the element m910a yeah thats a very good price. Might order one myself.

If your on about the element m910a yeah thats a very good price. Might order one myself.

Element STL-300J is the one I saw, only had a little glimpse over though haven't looked properly.

• Supporters

Element STL-300J is the one I saw, only had a little glimpse over though haven't looked properly.

Dont buy it its sh*te the laser doesn't work the torch isnt great and it looks bloody ugly.

Get the m910 its about £3 more to buy and a better £3 you will never spend.

Dont buy it its sh*te the laser doesn't work the torch isnt great and it looks bloody ugly.

Get the m910 its about £3 more to buy and a better £3 you will never spend.

that's the problem, have no idea what these things are going to be like and also returns is just not gonna happen haha.

• Supporters

that's the problem, have no idea what these things are going to be like and also returns is just not gonna happen haha.

Thats what the forums are for learning and getting help. We all have made mistake buys its part of it, do you a deal if I recommend something and you buy it on my say so and I am wrong I will buy it off you full price shipping and all.

Thats what the forums are for learning and getting help. We all have made mistake buys its part of it, do you a deal if I recommend something and you buy it on my say so and I am wrong I will buy it off you full price shipping and all.

Yeah that's very true. Haha a generous offere but its my risks to take not yours. I actually made a little basket from airsoftclub (about 120 dollars) and it came to 100 dollars shipping! Still think it's cheaper than buying stuff here as long as the quality is okay but I'm going to have a look at a few English stores first I think.

• Supporters

Yeah that's very true. Haha a generous offere but its my risks to take not yours. I actually made a little basket from airsoftclub (about 120 dollars) and it came to 100 dollars shipping! Still think it's cheaper than buying stuff here as long as the quality is okay but I'm going to have a look at a few English stores first I think.

I dont see it as a risk because I would only recommend something I know is good. Shipping can be expensive just try not to buy anything too heavy or too large. I use them all the time and its saved me a fortune.

I dont see it as a risk because I would only recommend something I know is good. Shipping can be expensive just try not to buy anything too heavy or too large. I use them all the time and its saved me a fortune.

True point, well the flashlight you said definitely looks good. I can post a picture of my basket for you to have a peep through if you don't mind, see if you've had any experience with any of the bits.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.