difference between the TM v2 gearbox vs your average v2 gearbox

JakeD200297

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just a quick question.

which one has the better internal the TM v2 gearbox or the normal v2 gearbox.

also what high speed motor and gears would you recommend. the motor and gears needs to be able to pull back on a 330 fps spring. (well have no idea what the spring is but its a 330 fps gun). also want to properly shim my gears so what are the best value for money shims.

also looking at upgrading from ball bearing to bushing and also upgrading the piston system. any ideas on the best value for money here.

cheers for any help in advance :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Supporters

The normal TM gearboxes have weaker internals as the current average GBs. They work forever if you use them as they are but if you want to upgrade then there are weak parts. The sector gear is pot metal, if I remember correctly the bushings are plastic, the nozzle has no O ring, plastic spring guide, etc. The GB shell is strong enough for about 350-380 fps setups.

Their recoil rifles have different and high quality internals, but those aren't v2.

ok yea cheers :D thats what im asking. is the TM just as easy to upgrade (are most parts compatible) and what about upgrading the motor and gears and piston assembly any recommendations. i m happy with the fps of my gun just want higher fire rate and more reliability. i want to correct the aoe as well.

well its a g and g 30 anniversary mod 0 but got a tm gearbox

Its not a TM box, its a G&G gearbox. You havnt even got it yet and you want to start ripping it to peices why?

• Supporters

Think the stock G&G would of been better with the radius cylinder & 8mm bushings for starters

is a nice box to work on - well except the screws on the other side but a nice box indeed

having had some f*$%ing $hite cheap boxes apart - the G&G normal CM is a very good box

What forms the basis for a good decent reliable gun is the box - mainly

Never said it was perfect - still no O-ring & benefits from a better seal & AOE etc - but most boxes are just mass slung together

All the same - it is a good box that forms the basis for the workhorse, when people buy cheaper crap BB guns

then the box is what fails first - a lot of SRC's still use really thin metal, poxy alloy type gears, 6mm plastic bushings

and they do fail - trust me....

Only time G&G boxes have failed is coz I have really took the pi$$ and pushed and pushed them until they quit

other makes have failed on stock setup and when investigated you can see why coz the box is much lower quality

you want any easy upgrade - solder deans & do away with small tamiya

BUT keep it at 7.4v lipo for now....

When you wish to tweak it then open her up and mess around, upgrade stuff, rewire with mosfet

but for now if you are happy leave it as is for first skirmish - see that is running all dandy

then after first skirmish - fit deans I think for a 10% increase in rof/response and stick to 7.4v lipo's.........

im just investigating in to how i can make it better. trying to learn. on the website i got it from it says its a TM gearbox i got it with a custom 2 tone. on the custom one it says its a tm gearbox whereas on the black version it says it a g and g one so there may be a mistake on the website.

• Supporters

TM type 2 gearbox is what they mean - but it really is a good G&G box with 8mm bushings

(should be 8mm bronzey bushings)

The stock std FireHawk has 8mm bearings - but the others have 8mm bushings

Trust me - we all wanted a gun that fires @ 349.999999999999fps and fires like f*ck rof

we all thought we was gonna build a DMR & then a DSG setup........

Nah - you can get a gun tweaked to fire on 7.4v - from say stock 14rps to nearly 50% @ 20

that is on stock gears - on hi speed you could get close to nearly 30 if you go the whole hog on 12:1 gears

but as it runs faster you get more wear and more problems of Pre Engagemnet - piston getting smashed on sector gear

Suffice to say a nice tweaked stable gun firing at say 20 to 25 is a good balance.

it should last a while, mags should feed no problem etc......

if you are that bad at shooting - you don't need a high rof aeg - you need a grenade launcher instead

im just investigating in to how i can make it better. trying to learn. on the website i got it from it says its a TM gearbox i got it with a custom 2 tone. on the custom one it says its a tm gearbox whereas on the black version it says it a g and g one so there may be a mistake on the website.

What is a custom 2 tone?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.