G&G AEG CM18 MOD1 for first AEG.

Sacarathe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

[uPDATE]: I bought it.

Hoping to start my airsoft experience with this G&G Combat Machine AEG.

Is there anything I might need to know?

Also I can't get the forum search to work.

The only concern I have discovered is the starting fps of 340 (in reviews) which is above the site I want to start at (328ukstandard?).

Andrew

EDIT:

Changed the thread title, this thread really has nothing to do with the title anymore.

• Supporters

good gun - but comes with crap 120 mid cap

(get better mag or some high caps)

all G&G aeg's come with "aprox" 330fps out of box

not that common to get one way above that tbh

most sites run a bit above the 100m/sec or 328fps

usually 350 is the limit BUT a few sites enforce 328 & a few others allow 340

(think The Mall Reading is 340 but don't quote me)

my own site and numerous others are 350 max

some sites and very very strict and the odd one or two don't seem to give a toss

but most chrono up to a max of 350 - no more

YOU need to check with the site you are thinking of using it at really

ps - the cm18 is really nice or a 30th edition GC16 mod1 but this isn't all railed up like cm18 & Raider

but full metal and well worth considering (battery at front on GC16 & CM18/Raiders are rear wired)

ps - the cm18 is really nice or a 30th edition GC16 mod1 but this isn't all railed up like cm18 & Raider

but full metal and well worth considering (battery at front on GC16 & CM18/Raiders are rear wired)

Need to build up my left arm strength before I do that. Been down to WA today, I will be buying one of these unless a compelling reason not to comes up, but it wont be my first gun.

I don't like the look or not so ergonomic feel of AK's

but in airsoft terms they can kick some M4 ar$e

Heh, I'm not a fan of the AK, but they've grown on me unlike the G36C, though I really enjoy the look of the LMG version in computer games/movies.

• Supporters

The AK47 has a longer barrel of around 455mm which "can" help accuracy

The Hi-Cap Magazines hold more - 450-500 as opposed to say 300ish for M4's

yes you can get say 500 for M4's but also you can get 1,000 for AK's

(then it gets silly with drum mags)

The AK I find a bit less ergonomic with its fire selector and is not as "RIS"-full as M4's

I can't say I love the default AK iron sights and mounts either

BUT - as an aeg it does do well out there

G36c & mp5k's have the selector on both sides so easy to use for left or right handed shooters

if you find you start to shoot with right & switch to left hand or vice versa throughout the day

both are worthy considerations - these compact & perhaps smaller/lighter guns may also help

(if shooting from a possible weaker left arm I was meaning as they are mostly polymer rather than say a full metal M4 AK etc....)

But CM18 like most of G&G starters are polymer - and robust rather than some cheap brittle plastic guns

(just some think they must have a full metal aeg or it is gotta be crap)

• 2 weeks later...

So after extensive research on the forums that prove themselves worth viewing without being walled behind a login (this is the only forum i've joined so far), the main one being this one: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/ I have concluded that perhaps starting with G&G may not be the wisest place to go.

I'll start a new thread when I am eligible to purchase, but my current plan is to buy a TM PS90 and some other cheapo (or boneyard) P90 for modding up to 328 fps and hitting a dinnerplate at 40m (131.2332 feet).

If the stock TM is that good already then ill aim for 50m (164.0415 feet) and increasing the FPS to 400-450.

Plus if I can figure compatibility inside the lower receiver i'll put in a programmable mosfet to change the full auto from 25rps to 2-3rps.

PS - I do not want to be a sniper!

• Supporters

I'll start a new thread when I am eligible to purchase, but my current plan is to buy a TM PS90 and some other cheapo (or boneyard) P90 for modding up to 328 fps and hitting a dinnerplate at 40m (131.2332 feet).

If the stock TM is that good already then ill aim for 50m (164.0415 feet) and increasing the FPS to 400-450.

Plus if I can figure compatibility inside the lower receiver i'll put in a programmable mosfet to change the full auto from 25rps to 2-3rps.

PS - I do not want to be a sniper!

Why do you want a 400-450 fps P90 you couldnt use it anywhere.

• Supporters

So after extensive research on the forums that prove themselves worth viewing without being walled behind a login (this is the only forum i've joined so far), the main one being this one: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/ I have concluded that perhaps starting with G&G may not be the wisest place to go.

First off - I don't know why but a fair amount of techy's on US forums hate G&G and also SHS - well anything from far east

They like G&P, Seigtek, Lonex - yes very good but so they bloomin' should be for the extra you pay

I can only presume you yourself are from the other side of pond as you are probably talking about Evike's boneyard items

Which is fine coz UK sites have lower limits than stateside ones so you could use a higher fps gun

But if you are lead to think that G&G boxes break like toothpicks then I suggest you may read on a bit more coz that forum

has a great tutorial on build higher speed guns etc... clearly stating numourous times you don't need to go mad a lot of the time

certainly don't need to have all hi end stuff to acheive an improved box/gun

Yes TM are way better than a standard G&G starter gun - much like comparing a Lexus to a Kia/Hyundai so to speak

I will gladly accept the TM is better - but hardly a fair match when they are at different ends of the spectrum

Me personally I'll stick at the lower end for now and learn as I go, my actual skills in skirmishing certainly don't to me

warrant a higher end gun just yet, I will need to gain a bit/lot more skill in playing and maintaining aeg's first I feel

well tbh I'd probably just end up taking the cheaper guns as far as I feel they can go within moderation/reg use etc....

To each their own as they say, but me personally - I tend to think of the saying:

Fine clothes do not make a gentleman, it is not the gun but the player holding it that can win the game

(yes a fantastic gun helps a bit but don't guarantee jack - well that is just my noobish humble opinion)

Why is going for the G&G not a wise choice?

I currently still plan to buy G&G. Please take my comment only in it's own context:

I have concluded that perhaps starting with G&G may not be the wisest place to go.

After lots and lots of research I have found that there are a lot of comparisons between JG and G&G on other forums, and G&G against other brands.

I have nothing to say that's first hand or new - so I won't elaborate and I've not been put off the brand outside the 'first AEG' context. So it would just be a reiteration of the circular externals vs internals argument across almost all budget airsoft gun brands if I say anything.

Why do you want a 400-450 fps P90 you couldnt use it anywhere.

I have an antique table, with a tank full of cockroaches on it, why do people want anything? :P Though really, as a project fun gun. But I have come to understand that at many UK sites it is legal* to use a gun which fires 400 or 450 fps on semi with 0.20g BBs (with BASR at 500rps). Am I wrong?

First off - I don't know why but a fair amount of techy's on US forums hate G&G and also SHS - well anything from far east

They like G&P, Seigtek, Lonex - yes very good but so they bloomin' should be for the extra you pay

I can only presume you yourself are from the other side of pond as you are probably talking about Evike's boneyard items

Which is fine coz UK sites have lower limits than stateside ones so you could use a higher fps gun

But if you are lead to think that G&G boxes break like toothpicks then I suggest you may read on a bit more coz that forum

has a great tutorial on build higher speed guns etc... clearly stating numourous times you don't need to go mad a lot of the time

certainly don't need to have all hi end stuff to acheive an improved box/gun

You replied to my first post when I said where I was (london). :) I had not noticed there was a boneyard section on Evike(no P90 though), thanks! Its just a term people use to describe a place items are sold which are of no quality guarantee. No doubt nicked from it's actual meaning.

Yes TM are way better than a standard G&G starter gun - much like comparing a Lexus to a Kia/Hyundai so to speak

I will gladly accept the TM is better - but hardly a fair match when they are at different ends of the spectrum

Me personally I'll stick at the lower end for now and learn as I go, my actual skills in skirmishing certainly don't to me

warrant a higher end gun just yet, I will need to gain a bit/lot more skill in playing and maintaining aeg's first I feel

well tbh I'd probably just end up taking the cheaper guns as far as I feel they can go within moderation/reg use etc....

To each their own as they say, but me personally - I tend to think of the saying:

Fine clothes do not make a gentleman, it is not the gun but the player holding it that can win the game

(yes a fantastic gun helps a bit but don't guarantee jack - well that is just my noobish humble opinion)

I am not comparing G&G to TM (as if anyone could ^^), I simply concluded that I might get a better airsoft experience (or phrased better: avoid a bad one) if I just jump the gun on my intended purchases.

The G&G AEG CM18 MOD1 is an excellent (from what I have read) M4 platform for a new player and will still probably be my first M4, just not my first AEG.

*site rules - not "the law".

• Supporters

Your correct about some sites allowing you to use a gun that shoots at 400 or 450 on semi but that is there for dmrs and such and generally there is a med in operation. Not sure a P90 would be accepted by all sites or that it would really be suitable its more of a cqb weapon. But hey its your choice and would definitely be different.

A good start would be buying a few broken ones to repair and familiarise oneself with the internals. Which could be quite hard since they're so good. :P

I will not be opening up my first gun (TM PS90) while it's in warranty. :)

• Supporters

The only concern I have discovered is the starting fps of 340 (in reviews) which is above the site I want to start at (328ukstandard?).

So are you in US or UK coz kinda confused tbh

kinda guessing UK but boneyard and other forum + higher fps makes me think USA

G&G starters are still rated highly on Evike & AGI - by customers anyway

just a lot of techy's like to pick holes in them but like I said they are not in same league as the higher end stuff

but still fantastic value good reliable guns with very decent boxes - there are a number of less quality for more money guns out there

up to the owner what they buy/use in the end - its their money so buy whatever you like/feel

I admire your enthusiasm though

So are you in US or UK coz kinda confused tbh

kinda guessing UK but boneyard and other forum + higher fps makes me think USA

G&G starters are still rated highly on Evike & AGI - by customers anyway

just a lot of techy's like to pick holes in them but like I said they are not in same league as the higher end stuff

but still fantastic value good reliable guns with very decent boxes - there are a number of less quality for more money guns out there

up to the owner what they buy/use in the end - its their money so buy whatever you like/feel

I'm not sure if you're pulling my leg or something; I've said where I am from several times (London), I've said that I have no problems with G&G. The internet is worldwide, its not unusual for useful resources to be ran outside this country. :P

You don't need to defend G&G to me, heck if I could, i'd go buy one to prove that.

I admire your enthusiasm though

Alas I wish it were so; Don't mistake compulsive thoroughness for enthusiasm :)

• Supporters

It was that airsoft society is more of a US based forum and have explained some US techy's hate G&G

raise an enquiry about SHS DSG and enjoy the wrath as oppossed to seigtek for example

(no I'm not having a go at airsofters across the pond but many feel very strongly about Riot's DSG)

hence I just wondered about the forum & boneyard as it is typical american - we tend to say breakers yard I feel

The enthusiasm part was gonna upgrade a rather bespoke gearbox as your first attempt rather than a convential v2 or v3

The enthusiasm part was gonna upgrade a rather bespoke gearbox as your first attempt rather than a convential v2 or v3

Nay worries, still, a lot of learning to do before I can understand you properly. I don't really understand what you have written here, but I have no plans to buy and open a (new) TM P90. Don't want to let the fairy dust out.

My current plan is to buy a 2nd hand P90 platform (could be TM) for under £160 (under £80 if broken), and depending on it's condition completely dismantle and reassemble it a couple of times (making documentation). I'd start on this immediately but alas need UKARA even if I don't want to shoot the damn thing.

Once the internals are learned start a plan for "features" and go from there. That US forum has some very comprehensive guides.

• Supporters

Do G&G guns work better in the UK? :ph34r:

No it's the players that work better in the UK - ooh meeeeoooooowwwwww

just kidding to any o/seas players

the other bit was just a lot more guides/parts/tutorials on opening up the v2 or v3 gearbox's

(though as far as guides go - you only need one good comprehensive guide and common sense)

as long as you take your time take pics etc... I'm sure you will be fine

I've got a g&g cm18 mod1 that I used when I first started , I was really impressed with it's performance , pretty solid it's just my backup gun now but my nephews just started playing and he's been using it with no problems

• Supporters

Think they only break if you are american......

Mainly coz G&G send all the faulty guns stateside - they both hate each other

Seriously - it seems "some" US techy's hate G&G big time favouring more of their own stuff

or I think JG and some others who may produce or help to produce the Echo1 guns over there

Perhaps even more G&G hate has emerged as G&G copied seigtek Dual Sector Gear design

(Many techy's hate the cheaper SHS & Modify copies already as it was a US idea/concept and Riot/Seigtek is far superior)

customer wise - even american owners seem to be very pleased with them if you look on US retailer sites reviews

ALL GUNS CAN FAIL - They will very likely fail quicker as they are made to fire faster and more powerfully

Perhaps taking a CM starter box to nearly 35-40rps with 400fps will be pushing it too far - it is not a high end box reinforced etc....

But it is not a bad box by no means - it is a good decent box all the same in a good starter gun.

Me personally think I only need a gun to shoot 20-30rps @ 349.99999999fps - that is plenty for our UK sites

then that will do and try to make it use that properly by improving its accuracy......

I like them and some others do - yes the CM's are not ultra high end - they are not supposed to be at that price

They sell so many of them each year after year - they are not absolute piles of junk that some haters say they are

No G&G are not perfect - some of their higher end stuff has had problems and some of their new stuff emerging I may not be impressed with

but think G&G starter guns - (forget mosfet or dsg Mr G&G) - their starter guns are a good beginners platform to get started with.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.