Just saying hi

ghostwalker

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As it says on the box.

Just posting up to say hi.

I'm new to the forum and new to airsoft. You may have seen my name crop up on a couple of forums or fb.

I made the decision to jump into airsoft a few weeks ago and since then i have been buying the various bits and pieces to complete my first loadout.

Initially i am going for a british late afghan conflict load out and will be playing my first ever airsoft game this sunday at Skirmish Norwich :)

I hope to eventually get myself an Ics L85a2 and apply all the afghan spec mods to it including an elcan sight etc. But thats a ways off in the future when i have my ukara registration and more importantly the finances to buy it all.

Over the last few weeks i have been selling a load of old hobby stuff to fun my airsoft journey. At this point i am just waiting on the arrival of my Nato deployment bag to ba able to carry all my gear, my camelbak and a 'helmet accessories kit' from Draon supplies (black band,olive scrim net and srim strips) to finish off my basic load out.

I opted for a mich2002 helmet as opposed to a mk7 as morally i wont pick a mk7 up until it becomes genuine surplus (guys out there on the front line need them more than me!). And i hate the mk6 having worn it for 6 years!.

Outside of airsoft i work for specsavers...so expect the banter every time i miss a shot to consist of 'should have gone to spec savers' no doubt lol. I'm a dad to 4 girls a little boy.

Prior to airsoft i spent a good few years playing tournament paintball as well as having 2 seperate 3 year stints in the Territorial Army as a Royal Green Jacket.

So yeah...err thats me. Hi all and well this is me in my load out as it stands right now

(have ESS advancers for eye pro and a lower mesh mask that i dont get on with at all!)

10488086_10153115398649454_8363152825589

The current state of my sudo mk7 (mich) helemt.

22207_10153136553129454_2470372306007075

The helemt needs work and i am hoping the kit from dragon will help with that when it arrives.

• Supporters

Welcome to the forums! That's an impressive first loadout, how much did it cost altogether?

I currently own an ICS L86 (traded my Star L85 for it) and it's an excellent gun, very faithful replica of the real L86, if you have any questions about it regarding upgrades or general maintenance, Airsoft-Ed is the guy to go to.

This was his L85, he did a few gearbox upgrade but I forgot what he did, I think there's a thread for it.

• Supporters

Welcome

I dread to think how much its cost so far but a rough breakdown.

Osprey mk4a+ 3 single mag open top pouches, 2 utility pouches, medic pouch, 2 ap grenade pouch, 9mm pistol mag pouch, ancillaries kit and camelbak around £145. (it has the half size neck armour but i don't use that as i keep mine as 'fighting order'.

Then theres the mtp clothing and shemagh and rigger belt about £50.

Haix high liability boots were £65

Oakley gloves £35

Ess advancers were £25

Mich2002+helmet cover+dragon accessories kit £65

So without all the postage thats around £385.....sheesh..think i need to go have a lie down now!

Edit- ah yes, i have seen the videos, read the build log on here by airsoft ed/bullet4myenemey. I have been watching a lot of his videos on his channel over the last week.

• Supporters

Welcome aboard sir, nice kit and your previous experience will stand you in very good stead

(not just tactically but teamwork & safety wise especially - not you but there are some real f*ckwit noobs out there)

Yes some of these toys/gadgets can mount up a bit but at least your ammo will be way cheaper

best wishes and I'm sure you will have a great time on your first game - first of very many I'm sure

• Supporters

Ha, funny. Airsoft isn't a cheap hobby, and I've spent waaaaaay more than that. A simplified breakdown of mine would be:

Loadout:

Shirt: 10

Pants: 35

Socks: 10

Boots: 90

Hat: 10

Helmet + accessories: 50+

Temperate Vegetato uniform: 30

US Surplus LBV: 50

Face protection: 35+

Pouches: ~50

Safariland stuff: (of which I have a lot)

Holsters: 120

Pods: 200

Lights: 130

Accessories: 50

Guns:

M4A1: 340 (once I've fixed it up)

P90: 155

MP7: 700 (only worth that much due to having a real-steel Eotech 552 on it)

G17: 200

P226: 150

MP40: 120

S-Thunder: 55

Accessories:

M203: 50

40mm grenades: ~60

Ammo: 60

Speed loaders: 30

And there is probably a ton I haven't mentioned... Now, a lot of this was given to me (all the Safariland stuff) by a guy I know named Bill Rogers, but it's still a ton of cash...

Give me time seniorspaz.

I have to buy myself an ICS l85 and all the bits to bring it up to afghan spec and we know how expensive that gets!. Will eventually add a glock and holster to the loadout too.

Second gun will be a DMR but thats not gonna happen until atleast next year and will be l129a1 which at the moment means another custom build.

hey there and welcome,

thats a lot of kit for a new player lol!

I bet after a few games you will be thinking (hmmm do i really need all this kit) and sell it all to make a much lighter kit.... seems all players go through this transition (i have recently).

never the less welcome to the forum :)

I don't know. Im used to running about with full plce webbing, patrol pack, weapon and on many occasions that was either lsw or sa80 and a small house...i mean mk6 helmet on. Not much fun when you have a couple of litres of water, a days rations, ammo etc in the patrol pack aswell as whats on your webbing.

So the osprey etc feels pretty light in comparison.

Should probably also mention. I topped out at 16 stone in weight last year.Hit the gym/diet routine at the start of this year and am now 14 and half stone. So a lot fitter and lighter than i was too! (not that i was ever over 12.5stone in the reserves, but that was 11 years ago now)

Well the last bits of kit arrived today. So now spare money goes on game days and saving for my gun.

I have completely redone the helmet, removed all the rails from it and added layer after layer of scrim. Also fitted my camelbak to my osprey and you can just see the corner of the Nato deployment bag sneaking into the picture (the bag is huge! Will be able to fit an l85 in there with all my gear fair easily).

So ofcourse the pic is a must (won't show the photobombing german shepher one though).

CBg3dsxWEAAVl02.jpg%20large_zps7nzdx1it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.