RIFs

cogz101

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If you use a two tone gun at a skirmish you are obviously at a disadvantage, but if you went to a proper airsoft site (UKARA registered) could you cover your gun so that it isn't a bright colour, just for the day, and remove the cover before you leave the site?

• Supporters

yeah gotta agree there....

240fps at woodland - you would need to paint yourself with invisible paint to avoid getting owned

CQB - hmm maybe you might scrape by but still at a disadvantage

£50 gun - no

£100 you are getting there

but need to spend aprox £120+ for a G&G and have a chance on a more level playing/battle field

yeah gotta agree there....

240fps at woodland - you would need to paint yourself with invisible paint to avoid getting owned

CQB - hmm maybe you might scrape by but still at a disadvantage

£50 gun - no

£100 you are getting there

but need to spend aprox £120+ for a G&G and have a chance on a more level playing/battle field

www.taiwangun.com/en/cm-522-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Are they not ment to be decent guns?

• Supporters

www.taiwangun.com/en/cm-522-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Are they not ment to be decent guns?

Same as Gunfire's Spartac AK's that they were flogging way before TWG started selling the cheaper Cyma's at start of this year

I have already covered this in an earlier post when TWG started flogging the more budget range

In a nutshell they are the Cyma CM28 range of guns but with plastic top cover & handle and you save just under about 20 Euro's

Now the plastic battery cover would be ok-ish on the AK's with battery in stock but over time they will not be as robust as metal

(or if you drop/knock it on a hard surface or cold frosty morning)

Now to replace the cover - could replace with a Patrol Base one with rail will be say £13 + shipping or a basic metal cover £10 all in

then handle if that busts will take you over the 20 Euro's you saved in the beginning and perhaps should of got the CM28 in first place

So if you say you take your chances on either a 80 Euro budget cyma/spartac or 100 Euro CM28.....

(already said that the 20 Euro saving may not be a full wise & great saving)

Remember to add on postage so that is getting closer to 100 or 120 Euro's

or £73 to £88 aprox with shipping - if you want to break it down I guess....

(but reckon cm28 is perhaps wiser/slightly more solid & better investment - still plastic receiver but better budget AK imho)

Now this is fine if you got defense/ukara to import etc.....

But OP appears to not have this - yet and has purchased stuff in UK like most of us at first

So I return to my rough figures that a UK Cyma, JG, or G&G will be costing you around the £120+ mark

There are a few at aprox the £100 mark in UK but like I said £120 is gonna be what the OP might need to think about

(or any new player come to that)

Best point out that there a few ways or methods to obtain cheaper RIF's if gifted etc...

(just in case anybody points out they don't have to abide)

Funny enough that TWG & GF don't do good prices on G&G compared to UK

But importing is gonna be down to people that can import - something that perhaps OP can't atm if they not ukara'd

So that leaves them at maybe hiring or buying a UK 2-tone at those guide prices I listed

Got CM28a's & Spartac SRT08 which is same meat different gravy but a bit more plastic so not such a great saving imho over the 28a

I wouldn't go to a Skirmish with that gun mate, not good enough really. Like Sitting Duck said, CQB you MIGHT scrape it, but will most likely get owned.

Get yourself a G&G Combat Machine.

• Supporters

Bear in mind that the VCRA makes it illegal to manufacture an RIF unless it is for the intended purpose of one of the activities included in the defence, which obviously means airsoft. So although it is illegal to repaint a 2 Tone for any other purpose, to do so for airsoft is legal. You do not have to bother about covering it up on site then removing it for the journey home, because it is illegal to carry it on view to the public anyway, whatever colour it is. When carrying an airsoft gun with you, the golden rule is just this - "Don't be a dick." So long as you abide by that, nobody is going to give you any trouble, and while it's true that some people love to poke their noses into other people's business, you can feel pretty certain that you are not going to be the test case in which the Crown Prosecution Service attempt to set legal precedence for what constitutes proof of the intention to use the RIF for airsoft when the Association of Chief Police Officers have stated that the law is unenforcible.

But the lads above are right - what you have there is a BB gun... and while all airsoft guns are BB guns, not all BB guns are good enough for airsoft.

I agree with the above, just paint it with Halfords camo paint and don't try to rob anyone or shoot in down your local public woods/park. Although paint is about a tenner a can and 20% of the guns cost might seem excessive lol.

B500A1 is a cheap built BB gun, but as long as it still fires a BB in the vague direction you point the gun in you have same chance as everyone else, just little bit less range/accuracy due to low power and cheaply made hop-up unit. Agree that for CQB makes no difference wtf you use, for woodland just might need to get a little closer and use full-auto more. Always fun to see people dish out some kills with these things, they should have a maximum inflicted shame limit as well as FPS at airsoft sites

If the difference between a BB gun like this and an airsoft RIF is getting owned or not then stop being a pussy hiding behind a tree as far away from the opp as you can and get stuck in ;)

• Supporters

Oh the hobby/sport is not just on the field, I enjoy the tinkering with my guns to get the maximum range and accuracy out of them. And yeah, i often do sit behind cover shooting people from ranges they just don't believe from a full auto AEG, although to be honest they only get to know for sure that my AK-74, for eg, is not a semi-auto only DMR when I'm firing at running targets. "Camping! Bloody camping!" Hey, is it my fault if the opposition can't flank me, or suppress me? Everyone makes use of their talents to gain whatever advantage they can - for some people that's speed and agility, for others it may be tactical awareness, for others team organisation, is there some reason why mechanical aptitude shouldn't be turned into an advantage on the field?

The problem is when you get people hiding as far back as I often do with a gun that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at that range. But let's have it right, if you have to get within 35m of a target to have even a small chance of hitting them and they can shoot you from 50m away, you are going to need a bottomless well of cheerfulness to draw upon to come away from the day feeling enthusiastic about coming back regularly...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.