Anyone tell me the name of this scope and maybe where I could get one from?

ballen

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all!

I've recently bought an G&G SR25 (GR25) and looking to get it kitted out with a scope and a Bipod, I'm actually looking for a scope that looks the same (or very similar) to this one pictured below...

Does anyone know the real-world name/model for this scope (yes, it's the one from BF3 but can't find anything online as to what the real-world name is) or one simular that I can buy - I basically really like the appearance of it (the knob positioning and the difference in size of the front and back lense housing)

ig4ycwd.jpg

Thanks all and hopefully someone will be able to help me out :)

Bobby

This ZOS 6-24x50 is broadly similar in appearance if it's just the looks you are after, not identical of course, but it isn't that pricey for a scope and would be okay on an airsoft rifle:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sniper-Air-Rifle-Airgun-Gun-Scope-24x50-TELESCOPIC-SIGHT-SWAT-Vector-Optics-/221297157999?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item338656a76f

Evening guys, thank you very much for all your replies today - loads of things for me to look into now, I really appreciate all the links and responses guys!

@Chris801 - Not really, never really thought about it, I more just felt that the gun looks pretty sweet on BF3 and could see myself occasionally running a DMR :)

Thanks again guys!

Bobby

Just make sure that you reinforce the front glass if you end up getting an expensive scope; the last thing you want is a BB taking out a nice scope. Pretty easy to do if you get some polycarbonate sheet and cut a circle out with a Dremel, then fit it over the glass, and you'll get a few out of an A4 sheet too, so you don't have to worry about a replacement if it gets scratched. Don't forget to add a rubber buffer behind it so that it doesn't slap back into the lens and mark it if your protective perspex takes a hit, you can use an old cycle inner tube to make that, or any other similar material you have lying about. Alternatively, you could make it wider than the tube so it can't push back and secure it with something like black electrical tape, but that would perhaps spoil the look of a nice scope unless you did a real neat job.

Inexpensive polycarbonate here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clear-Solid-Polycarbonate-Sheet-thick/dp/B002USWXJQ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.