Combat Raider Rewire....?

Albiscuit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just bought and fitted a new stock to my Raider, and after much swearing and bashing with blunt objects fitted it (to realise its actually stupidly simple) and then clock on (the night before a skirmish) there is not space for the battery DOH...

So yeah schoolboy error....

I would like to use this stock as it looks much nicer than the original one which came with the gun but obviously have a battery issue. Ideally I would like to rewire the gun so the battery is near the front and then switch to a lipo and use a battery box mounted on the rail.

My question is.....

Is this something I could do? I am not completely stupid but have never opened the gun up before, and probably dont have the correct tools if I need to adjust the wiring... Or should I ask a shop for a quote? or is this going to be a waste of time/money?

Thanks again...

• Supporters

this MIGHT fit but YOU need to check and do your homework a bit

coz some stock tubes have thicker/thinner walls

(sounds crap but cheaper makes can have less metal used and so can fit a slightly thicker battery in tube)

You - need to check/measure it all out but THINK this size fits in a FireHawk VS02 stock tube

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1300mah-20c-continuous-discharge-lipo-battery-136mm-long.html

please ffs double / triple check all dimensions - no point getting a battery that you can't fit

• Supporters

this MIGHT fit but YOU need to check and do your homework a bit

coz some stock tubes have thicker/thinner walls

(sounds crap but cheaper makes can have less metal used and so can fit a slightly thicker battery in tube)

You - need to check/measure it all out but THINK this size fits in a FireHawk VS02 stock tube

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1300mah-20c-continuous-discharge-lipo-battery-136mm-long.html

please ffs double / triple check all dimensions - no point getting a battery that you can't fit

^^^^^ what he said.

Also bear in mind the whole "square peg round hole" issue. If you have a tube with a 10mm ID a battery that is 10mm wide WON'T FIT.

Great thanks for your replies, as always you guys are a font of knowledge..

I shall find some calipers and have a check :)

*now where are the calipers*???

I recommend Hobbyking for batteries. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__901__900__Airsoft_Accessories-Lipoly_Batteries.html

A lot cheaper than any UK retailer and better to boot. Just make sure to select the European or UK warehouse when adding to cart.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.