FN herstal SPR A5M (M40A5) thoughts?

MrCheesman94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hey everyone,

I am looking at buying the M40A5 as ot only is it a gun from my favourite childhood game(call of duty 4) but it fits Tokyo Marui VSR parts.

Just wondering what you guys thought were on the gun

Link: http://www.airsoftworld.net/fn-herstal-spr-a5m-m40-a5-special-police-sniper-rifle.html

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/44-others/11794-fn-herstal-spr-a5m-m40-a5-special-police-sniper-rifle.html

Apparently the internals are typical for a cheap rifle (e.g. plastic spring guide) and isn't quite as compatible as it is advertised without some modification but the majority of it is.

Don't mean to be a gun nerdy spoil sport but the gun from Call of Duty 4 would be an M40A3 as the M40A5 wasn't finalised until 2009.

No major differences aside from the A5 has a detectable magazine system whereas the A3 is breach loaded. Still both fantastic looking guns though.

• Supporters

Don't mean to be a gun nerdy spoil sport but the gun from Call of Duty 4 would be an M40A3 as the M40A5 wasn't finalised until 2009.

No major differences aside from the A5 has a detectable magazine system whereas the A3 is breach loaded. Still both fantastic looking guns though.

haha LOL THANKS FOR THE POINT OUT LOL but looks good enough for me

7/10 bad bolt action rifles are caused by poorly zerod sights, the other three are broken Sears, unlubed bolt and poor compression.

Plastic spring guide, piston and standard triggers really are not as bad as the hype would make them out to be. The VSR hop up is Pretty good as standard, the only upgrade you may need is a good quality TBB and a decent hop up suited to the fps and weight of bb your shooting.

Go into sniping with your own mind, there is a lot of 3rd hand unfounded tosh spoken about them.

• Supporters

I'd upgrade the lot regardless, it's a low end rifle and as such the construction won't be particularly good. Sniper rifles are all about consistency so you want precision made parts you achieve that, stuff like ptfe taping the hop rubber and cylinder head are also well worth the minimal effort to do as well. And making barrel spacers too whilst I remember :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.