looking for some information

00K9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all I am new to this forum and airsoft guns I am 34 and was just looking for some more information.

some time ago i got one of those bright orange sniper rifle on a whim just to shoot in my back garden as I have a huge back garden 26 fence panels and concrete posts in length. I made myself some shooting targets and put a thick rubber mat behind them and a camping tarpaulin behind that so that none of the bb pellets when over the 6 foot fence.

The sniper I got just shoots the plastic bb pellets it shoots from the back door of my house and hits the back of my fence and bounced back 4 panels if I did not have the cover there to stop it from hitting the fence.

I was just looking for something a bit more faster to shoot still in my garden I like the look of the ZM81A Electric Rifle and have found some selling from £70.00 to £100.00 in blue as I don't have a UKARA membership.

Then I found a web shop selling one that is in black in the uk but on there site its not saying a thing about having to have a UKARA membership to buy it from them .

I sent them a email asking If I had to have a UKARA membership to buy it from them the reply I got was.

We can supply a airsoft rifle in black as long as the transaction is face to face and sold as an airweapon . We do this by delivering to your door using our own staff or in store over the counter. Alternatively you can have them in 2 tone sent direct to you by post/courier.

Would anyone know if they are correct in what they replied

and what do you think of the gun is it ok for what i want to use it for or is it too good of a gun to waste in my garden.

any and all help is extremely helpful thanks.

• Supporters

Sounds a bit like what OnlyBBGuns "might" say

TBH get a G&G Raider or Carbine at about £130 ish and can be 2-tone free at zero one

Miles better AEG option or get a decent sniper and so what if it is 2 tone

You said it is for back yard target so colour makes absolute no difference

If you go for 2 tone and onlybbguns do quite a few in blue, then blue is not that bad

Plus in light of what has happened recently black RIF are no doubt gonna get bad press

And some places should be tightening up or ensuring the law is implemented much more than before

Funny thing is many of us end up spraying our own camo or stuff like that or even go mad on pink guns for a laugh

If you can avoid orange as it is a little too vivid to spot on skirmishes but back yard stuff

Wtf does it matter especially if it works OK

If it is 2tone then your neighbours might not call the SWAT so quickly too

Far fetched - ask some 12 yr olds mum

F@#K ME 17 guests looking at this post - jeez

The law is to protect everybody - you n others around you

Go to a skirmish site ffs, learn some safety n respect for sport

And others around you. Please don't keep saying just for target

must be in black - getting a little common line that one

UKARA is there to help regulate it and is there for all of our sake

This airsoft sport is no doubt gonna get some stick no doubt

Go to site and if you enjoy then go for UKARA if you can

You may pick up some common sense safety tips, learn a lot

And enjoy it even more than you first thought.

Besides shooting some targets in back yard means jack

They don't move or shoot back or flank you with a simulated

knife kill etc...

So though you may think you are a good marksman at 25m

Go to a site and see how it really is done in safety n legit

Soz if any of this offends no real harm meant but getting a little

concerned about how popular ways of getting RIF easily

Don't buy any of the shit from "BB gun" websites.

You will need a UKARA defence to buy a realistic looking gun. As the others have said, G&G Combat Machine is the best to go for. We're always recommending em, pretty much anything cheaper isn't worth it but G&Gs are really good, especially for the price compared to more expensive ones.

Pro Airsoft Supplies and Colchester Airsoft did sell a transparent (clear receiver, stock, grip and handguard IIRC) for £100 and a starter pack including good battery and charger, BBs, shitty mask for £120. Well worth it but sold out now I believe.

Check Airsoft World / Airsoft Zone / Zero One for a better selection G&G guns. They're all pretty well priced and a thousand times better than the £70 gun which will be fully plastic inside and out. G&Gs are fibre reinforced polymer, Taiwan made, they have great hop rubbers and so on.

Prices start at £118 for a G&G CM16 (same one as the transparent one I mentioned) up to about £200 in the CM range.

They'll all perform practically the same, but the externals are very different so choose which suits your budget and the look you like.

There's also models with a pneumatic blowback (moves a little plate in the chamber, where the ejection port is, sort of improves the sound a bit) metal versions etc.

Oh and from what I've heard Zero One's two-tone service isn't very good though. Apparently it's poor quality paint and takes a long time. Explains why it's free I guess. On the other hand you do get a free skirmish voucher though which is good.

I suppose you could look at it that worse quality paint will wear off easier and by that time you might have a defence? Not sure what the finish is like though

• Supporters

24 guests offs go n skirmish jeez

Oh n onlybbguns say they do check ukara

even on face to face purchase...

They are not ukara themselves but have said they check

With other site/retailers

Well they better or if they don't they are never gonna be ukara

And face a visit from law or trading standards

Just wondering how many kids or guests from media

Are conducting an enquiry as to how easy a RIF is UK ?

Just more of the wrong kind of attention airsoft is getting ATM

Cmon chaps its all there for a reason so stop trying to dodge it

OK think I will shut up now n perhaps be less helpful to noons

Even if you do say you are retired army & experienced n Mensa

And more blah blah blah - read Ian's guide

and accept it Go n skirmish n learn it all properly n safely

Plus its a right laugh too n guys/girls are good sports etc..

OK shut up now. Oi who cheered oh you all did

If you want something purely for the garden then yeah don't bother with one of those ZM things. Waste of money. At least put some more towards getting something like the G&G or a CYMA AK (you are bound to get recommended AKs and other guns too) then you could use it if you want to go to a proper skirmish at some point rather than be stuck with a frankly pile of wank plastic POS which can't do shit of you can't upgrade + is ugly orange.

Purely for target shooting I'd stick with springer pistols or a tri-shot shotgun (£40-£60 ish and they are alright at a skirmish too)

• Supporters

Only 10 guests now - nothing to see here, move along, move along :lol:

It may seem ridiculous that a retailer who is licensed to sell airguns could sell you an air weapon, literally a gun which has a legally determined minimum and maximum energy and is defined as a weapon, which also looks identical to a firearm, and you would not have to provide any UKARA details or any other form of defence to prevent them from being prosecuted under the VCR Act, the only restriction being that you are 18+, the sale is face to face, and is recorded, yet for something which is a toy (albeit a potentially dangerous one, but legally defined non lethal) and looks like a firearm, you would have to jump through the hoops, yes it may seem ridiculous, and that's because it is. Nonetheless it is the law.

Whomever offered that sale to you is offering to break the law, because airsoft guns fall outside the minimum energy required for air weapons. It may seem to you that since it is the seller who can be prosecuted for selling RIF's without ascertaining that they will be used for airsoft, re-enactment, film making, etc, not you the buyer, that you have no reason not to go ahead, but ask yourself, how trustworthy is that retailer when it comes to replacing/fixing a defective gun? Then realise that what s/he is offering to sell you is so shit that you will almost certainly want your money back before long, even if the thing continues to work for more than a couple of thousand shots, which is unlikely.

Don't do it. If you want an electric gun on a low budget to plink in your backyard, buy a two tone G&G Combat Machine, CYMA AK, CYMA M14, JG G36 or if you'd prefer something slightly more exotic maybe buy something second hand from our classifieds where, if you check the feedback section, you are likely to find a better class of airsofter than some other forums I could mention, where hardly a week goes by without some arsehole posting fake pictures and/or running off with some poor sod's money (it's not hard for someone to put a fiver's worth of spray paint onto the furniture of a gun and whilst many of us are loath to do it, if something has been on sale for a while and it is not going to embarrass itself in the field by being dragged out in hideous colours in front of airsofters whom it once pwned (some of us become quite emotionally invested in our guns), then you'll be in with a better chance).

Alternatively, find out where your nearest site is and give skirmishing a go - it's some of the best fun you can have with your clothes on.

Fella, if you need any more confirmation on top of what has been said, here it is. I did a similar thing. I am/was an air rifle/pistol shooter and found out about aeg's, so I went out and bought a clear g&g cm 16 to shoot in the garden. Then thought I'd give skirmishing a go. Never looked back. It is literally addictive. Fantastic day out. Keps you active and, like Sitting Duck says, the targets move and fire back.

The CM 16 holds its own with most of the guns I have seen used and is definitely worth saving the extra money for. Even for the back yard.

Also, if you do go down the route you described of having the thing delivered by one of the blokes from the shop, be wary. As I say, from my air gunning days, I am aware of a couple of similar schemes, but they were highly criticised/disliked because they very often failed to live up to their promises. Tales of guns ordered and never delivered etc. I don't believe any money was paid up front but folks were sat twiddling thumbs for weeks/months for a gun that never came.

I'm like skeeter, an airgun shooter and recently started skirmishing and it really is different when your target shoots back!

As for guns, g&g and Cyma are very good budget guns, I have had a g&g cm16 and it's a good gun and I currently own a Cyma m14 which a great open area gun but a bit big for cqb but not impossible to use.

I'm finding it quite addictive and very enjoyable!

Thanks for all the replies.

I won't buy from that seller.

I have never given skirmishing a thought to be honest with you as I can not get far as I don't have a car.

I live in Stockport and looking on airsoftmap.net/Skirmish/ the out door sites are just too far for me to get to. I will pay a visit to that in door sites that is in Stockport and have a look and see if I like it or not.

if you know of some other skirmishing sites in Stockport or near there can you please tell me thanks.

on a side note is this one worth the money.

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/D-Boys-M4-S-System-Two-Tone-Airsoft-Gun_A1KTX6.aspx#.VHYnM9KsV8F

I will still have a look at the other guns and shops you have put and see is there is some thing on there I like the look of.

Thanks

• Supporters

Some D-Boys guns are ok and some look and feel good, such as their full steel RK-10S AK-47S, but generally they are not well regarded and based on what I've read, their quality control is poor. I think Chock may have one of those you linked and he's happy with it, afaik. I suspect that if you simply upgraded the hop up bucking (AKA hop rubber) it would be fine (partly because opening it up and rebuilding would guarantee that it was assembled properly). But for £220 you could get a guaranteed decent performing G&G that also looks and feels good out of the box.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.