gaming pc build

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is the build that I would go for. I have kept it red apart from the case. But it has a window so you can see your red build. Getting a good case is a hell of alot more important than one that looks nice. And the Phanteks Pro is an amazing case for the money, I also got you a 256GB SSD.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

the link is just a link to a partlist :P you linked the wrong part xD

ok right, I am so stupid. Basically i forgot amazon didn't take paypal, so it means spending like £20 more from everywhere else. I know it sounds stupid but that is the difference between the 1tb drive and an ssd, so I have to go with the 1tb drive :(

buying it all now

the problem is I don't have the money, I would go for an SSD straight away but I still have to buy the case tomorrow when my phone sells, and at the moment the budget isn't allowing it, I can live with slow boot times, you have to understand i have lived with them for 5+ years and I have never had a 50fps framerate lol, I am going to buy this pc now :)

sorry for my ignorance :P it's just i want to buy it and I won't be able to afford the case with an ssd :(

dont buy it just let - i will try and find a good case which is £20 cheaper :P

ok, but it needs to be as sexy as the h440 from nzxt. I can wait a bit longer before I lose my mind and buy it (I am impatient, really impatient!)

Well that was a coincidence as I was looking at the H230 when you mentioned the H440. I bring you H440s sexy friend:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-127-NX&groupid=2362&catid=2277

sorry, was nearly sick. I'm really sorry, but WD has one me over. Dw though, I will buy the ssd in like a month hopefully xD, dont be mad :(

Updated version of my case.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-089-XG&groupid=2362&catid=1572

Corsair Carbide 230T would be worth a look as well, there is a red and black version...

You do realise it is a mega pain in the ass moving the OS over onto a different drive?

Updated version of my case.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-089-XG&groupid=2362&catid=1572

Corsair Carbide 230T would be worth a look as well, there is a red and black version...

You do realise it is a mega pain in the ass moving the OS over onto a different drive?

meh, also i may just leave os on the wd drive. Sorry man but i am going to order it now :P:(

If you leave it on the HDD then there is no point in having an SSD! There is a very good reason I am strongly encouraging you to get one. At least leave it till you have all the money together tomorrow and think about it.

If you leave it on the HDD then there is no point in having an SSD! There is a very good reason I am strongly encouraging you to get one. At least leave it till you have all the money together tomorrow and think about it.

xD ok i will switch it over, then. Right, so it will be ok to order?

right all ordered, all i don't have is the case, which I will buy tomorrow when my phone gets sold :)

by the way, I thought I ordered an ssd, but it must have jumped out of my basket at the last minute, idk how it happened... hmmmm

^^ haha yeah, hopefully will get a few more fps than a type writer, worth the £900 then.

Anyway, I have good news. I might be getting £70 on top of my phone selling, which hoepfully means I can buy an SSD with the money. I have to buy a desk as well but I have found one for £20, so that means about 50 quid, however I may be able to conjure up 10 quid off of my dad meaning i will be able to buy the samsung. If not i will stick with the corsair ssd for about 50 quid :)

right got the wired internet working, quite marvellous considering its 3 floors up from the router, I am getting 39 ping and 9.29mbps download and 0.86 upload. how do these fare?

Fecking better then mine. Its about average. Government wants everyone to have 8Mbps down so your fine good as far as there concerned :P

yeah, worries me slightly when i see most streamers have like 100mbps download and 10mbps upload, still takes me like 6 hours to download tf2 using wireless, that might be where I am going wrong though lol

Wireless should no make a difference to download speed unless your router and adaptor card is rubbish (which I doubt it). To stream in HD you need a minimum of 1Mbps upload- if your playing multilayer then that obviously needs to be more. Most IP packages that offer that kind of upload are generally the upper end of the market.

Using a wireless router will increase your latency substantially though which is why its generally considered to be best to use a Cat 5/6 cable to the router instead.

Wireless should no make a difference to download speed unless your router and adaptor card is rubbish (which I doubt it). To stream in HD you need a minimum of 1Mbps upload- if your playing multilayer then that obviously needs to be more. Most IP packages that offer that kind of upload are generally the upper end of the market.

Using a wireless router will increase your latency substantially though which is why its generally considered to be best to use a Cat 5/6 cable to the router instead.

yeah, well I guess our sky package was never upgraded, lol we are probably paying near the price of a fibre optic package, just sky are crap around our area. Well, that means no streaming for me then lol. Ok, thanks for the info. I thought wireless was worse in many ways, although I haven't seen much difference when using wired

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.