mp5k battery question?

Fatknees

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title says really,I've just purchased a mp5k it came with a 7.2v battery,what I want you to know is,if I buy a 9.6v battery will it handle a 9.6v or are we talking stripped gears territory?

Thanks in advance

Cm rebranded g&g? thought cm was maybe a cheap China made brand crap lol, On there website it says 9.6v but sent me a 8.4v not a 7.2v (my mistake) possible mix up with batteries when ordered?

sorry, I thought you meant Combat machine ( G&G makes a combat machine mp5)... it could be possibly mixed up but I wouldn't run it on a 9.6 if it was not very good, what are the gears like etc? my bad

Cm.041k Taiwangun,not sure bout the gears haven't stripped it yet I think I might stick with a 8.4v to be safe thanks for the advice though

Cm is cyma

Oh ok didn't know that are cyma a respectable maker? I own jg rifles and tm pistols only

• Supporters

if its the one that long stick battery that goes down tube then do some checking first.....

obviously it will be longer

7.2v = 6x1.2v

8.4v = 7x1.2v

9.6v = 8x1.2v

if it is like the thin "stick" battery then be careful - you only have so much room like in some AK's

where they use stick battery's depending on AK stock used

it "should" fit but on longer batteries you may need to ensure the small tamiya/wires are short as

there is gonna be less room left for wires.

Also I would suggest sticking to well known makes like Vapex perhaps as some other makes may

be a tiny bit thicker and can be difficult to fit inside the tube - it is tight even on good battery makes

work out what room you may have by adding on 1 or 2 cells for 8.4v or 9.6v sticks first before you buy

compact little gun but pi$$er for changing battery quickly & easily on them

if its the one that long stick battery that goes down tube then do some checking first.....

obviously it will be longer

7.2v = 6x1.2v

8.4v = 7x1.2v

9.6v = 8x1.2v

if it is like the thin "stick" battery then be careful - you only have so much room like in some AK's

where they use stick battery's depending on AK stock used

it "should" fit but on longer batteries you may need to ensure the small tamiya/wires are short as

there is gonna be less room left for wires.

Also I would suggest sticking to well known makes like Vapex perhaps as some other makes may

be a tiny bit thicker and can be difficult to fit inside the tube - it is tight even on good battery makes

work out what room you may have by adding on 1 or 2 cells for 8.4v or 9.6v sticks first before you buy

compact little gun but pi$$er for changing battery quickly & easily on them

Yeah it's the stick battery model,like you said not a lot of "wiggle " room but I recon I can squeeze 8 batteries in there with a bit of fettling lol

CYMA MP5s are alright. My first AEG was one of their MP5Js (model CM.041J) and it was pretty decent out of the box. It regularly outshot other player's sometimes more expensive guns, although looking back, it was an incredibly loud gun with a very high pitched gear screech.

With some TLC CYMA guns can be amazing; a deep gearbox clean to remove the dark green gunk they call grease, re-greasing with proper products and angle of engagement correction on the gears can improve the gearboxes' life drastically.

A clean of the barrel and a soak of the hop rubber in warm water and soap can improve range and accuracy too.

Be aware that CYMA guns tend to shoot at higher than site legal muzzle velocities out of the box, so replacing the spring may be a good idea.

CYMA MP5s are alright. My first AEG was one of their MP5Js (model CM.041J) and it was pretty decent out of the box. It regularly outshot other player's sometimes more expensive guns, although looking back, it was an incredibly loud gun with a very high pitched gear screech.

With some TLC CYMA guns can be amazing; a deep gearbox clean to remove the dark green gunk they call grease, re-greasing with proper products and angle of engagement correction on the gears can improve the gearboxes' life drastically.

A clean of the barrel and a soak of the hop rubber in warm water and soap can improve range and accuracy too.

Be aware that CYMA guns tend to shoot at higher than site legal muzzle velocities out of the box, so replacing the spring may be a good idea.

Thanks for the useful info I'll definitely try the things you suggested,my mp5k shoots 330fps when I had it chrono'd,it's a cracking little gun I might even buy another one and go duel welding lol

CM --> CYMA model numbers OR G&G Combat Machine.

Both are respectable.

TWG refer to CYMA with CM.

Ok cool I didn't know that thanks for the info

Ah dude I'm torn between CM045a or the CM041sd6

Ah dude I'm torn between CM045a or the CM041sd6

I'd get any of the CM041s if I were you. They come in a few styles including one with RIS on the front. There's not really anything in the way of helpful disassembly guides on the internet (my google-ing might have been bad though) but as I have already had my old CM041 in bits before I could help with any questions about it

I'd get any of the CM041s if I were you. They come in a few styles including one with RIS on the front. There's not really anything in the way of helpful disassembly guides on the internet (my google-ing might have been bad though) but as I have already had my old CM041 in bits before I could help with any questions about it

Thanks :) I hear the handle can't be HK slapped cause pot metal :(

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.