AK103 PBS-1 Silencer Thread Help

Baz JJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a G&G AK103 (what they call the RK103).

Ive bought a very nice Vanaras PBS-1 steel suppressor to go with it (14mm CCW).

Ive just found that unlike every other G&G rifle Ive had or used, it has a strange 22mm male thread when you remove the flash hider.

There is a bit about this on the net (mainly about how hard it is to overcome the problem) but adaptors seem non existent. I might have to bite the bullet (hah) and get the G&G one which is built to fit their rifle but the Vanaras one is a lot more realistic !

Any ideas ?

I have a G&G AK103 (what they call the RK103).

Ive bought a very nice Vanaras PBS-1 steel suppressor to go with it (14mm CCW).

Ive just found that unlike every other G&G rifle Ive had or used, it has a strange 22mm male thread when you remove the flash hider.

There is a bit about this on the net (mainly about how hard it is to overcome the problem) but adaptors seem non existent. I might have to bite the bullet (hah) and get the G&G one which is built to fit their rifle but the Vanaras one is a lot more realistic !

Any ideas ?

Have a 22-14mm thread adaptor made up? Might cost around £30 for it to be made, maybe more, maybe less- depends on the company doing it and the finish they offer.

I have that rifle and have the exact problem, however, after taking the flash hider off, you should notice a thin thread over the 14mm thread which I can see, however, cannot for the life of me get it off, according to PB, it should come off

• Supporters

I have that rifle and have the exact problem, however, after taking the flash hider off, you should notice a thin thread over the 14mm thread which I can see, however, cannot for the life of me get it off, according to PB, it should come off

Check at the bottom for a small grub screw. There was one on my aks74u thread adapter.

• Supporters

If there isn't a grub screw holding it on, you could try heating it up quickly - that should make the outer thread expand faster than it can conduct the heat into the inner, so it should loosen.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.