Wolverine SMP fitting.

Qlimax

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi to all,

So I said I would video myself fitting the wolverine SMP into my G&G TR4 EBB gearbox.

Having done this without any practise of fitting an SMP I did it very much in the dark, I have experience of gearboxes but most people who do videos like this have done a few before making a video but the purpose is to show how easy it is to fit.

At the end I knocked the camera off in error but didn't realise but the box wouldn't close due to the Orange stock ring it had twisted and didn't line up. Also if like me and you get this without the valve needed to connect the air line (not my fault) then how you can test that the trigger is working is to connect the control board up and attached the battery flick it into semi and pull the trigger, you should hear a clicking noise that says it's firing and then flick to full auto and it'll be a continuous noise.

I feel happy I have done this myself and whilst it's an easy installation it's just remembering what needs to be removed and where your going to put everything, since my weapon is a front wired weapon I will now have to customise the stock bolt to allow the cable to run through. Once I have the valve I will run a video of this running and how long is takes to set it up.

20141025_211232_zps3dxqvzaa.jpg

20141025_220659_zpsah5jyiez.jpg

• Supporters

If anyone is considering buying an SMP unit, make you ask the supplier or person supplying it to send the following QD plug or include one with your order. I was told mine order would include this but it didn't and now I have two wait another two months for this tiny little plug to arrive as its ONLY available is the USA. Soon as mine comes I will update with a new video doing the set up and firing test.

http://www.redlineairsoft.com/index.php/air-hoses-fittings/product/57-mini-quick-disconnect-plug-gun-side

• Supporters

that fitting kinda looks like some we use at work, something similar to >>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Draper-1-4-BSP-Female-PCL-Euro-Air-Tools-Fitting-Coupling-Adaptor-54419-/360863256616?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5405205028 with a 6mm to 1/4 straight fitting on the end

i would need a closer pic to be 100% sure though

• Supporters

Close mate but its a 1/8 fitting. No where in the UK currently sells the correct fitting for these. The next batch of SMPs that are coming into the UK through my source will have a bulk purchase of these plugs included.

• Supporters

I didn't plan on sharing these two clips as they have been done to show my mates this thing running but it's gotta be shared until I get my full review video done. One is a quick quick fire of it and the sound is brilliant and the other is a quick blast in my loft but a full set up and review of this will follow sometime over the weekend coming possibly Friday. Sharing just so people can get a feel for how this sounds and this is before it's even been setup so things can only sound better

• Supporters

sounds awesome, wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a full auto burst though, ouch!

Thanks.

Without set up its currently running at 50Rps and nearly 400Fps. It's an absolute mental piece of kit well worth the money and long wait.

• Supporters

out of interest (mainly because I want to build a DMR using an HPA system at some point), how much was the whole setup minus the donor gun?

Minus buying a new base weapon, the supplier I deal with can supplier the whole lot including import duty & the plug for gun side £457, for that you get SMP unit, reg, FCU, battery & the plug.

• Supporters

Minus buying a new base weapon, the supplier I deal with can supplier the whole lot including import duty & the plug for gun side £457, for that you get SMP unit, reg, FCU, battery & the plug.

so £457 + bottle and remote line, not bad, I'll bear it in mind. Will have to wait til after christmas though :(

• Supporters

so £457 + bottle and remote line, not bad, I'll bear it in mind. Will have to wait til after christmas though :(

No sorry man £457 that includes the reg and bottles as well as everything else knew I missed something out

No sorry man £457 that includes the reg and bottles as well as everything else knew I missed something out

where abouts did you get it from, and if imported, about how long did it take?

• Supporters

where abouts did you get it from, and if imported, about how long did it take?

Got it from the States and it took a month from actual order but I waited over 5 months due to other people messing about. My supplier wanted to bulk order and the other let him down. The import delays are due to the States being strict in customs there at the min

Yeah, I have done my homework. Single solenoid and no screen for fcu brings the price down. It is also more efficient than the polarstar as it has 1 solenoid vs p* 2. However, the p* is much more customisable in settings, so generally dmrs are suggested for p* because you can do so much changing. Wolverine is very attractive with price but I have no idea what to choose from, I will be going down the hpa route before Christmas hopefully.

May also want to look at tippmann they may be a paintball company but hpa is their field entirely. And the kick of it because f the bolt is nice, like a dg but cheapest and can be preordered over in the UK. Thought I might let you know as you like realism I believe.

Sorry for typos, my phone :(

• Supporters

jesus, £457 for the whole setup is pretty incredible!

certainly is. If you already have a base weapon to put it into your laughing.

The regulators being supplied have the tournament locks on as well so no reason for any sites to not allow them "cough F&O cough"

• Supporters

Yeah, I have done my homework. Single solenoid and no screen for fcu brings the price down. It is also more efficient than the polarstar as it has 1 solenoid vs p* 2. However, the p* is much more customisable in settings, so generally dmrs are suggested for p* because you can do so much changing. Wolverine is very attractive with price but I have no idea what to choose from, I will be going down the hpa route before Christmas hopefully.

May also want to look at tippmann they may be a paintball company but hpa is their field entirely. And the kick of it because f the bolt is nice, like a dg but cheapest and can be preordered over in the UK. Thought I might let you know as you like realism I believe.

Sorry for typos, my phone :(

the P* though with having the screen on the FCU means you have to look at it whilst cycling through to get your setting where as the SMP pull and hold the trigger then connect the battery to the FCU release then pull trigger for burst you want. Personally for me this is a better choice. At the time of buying this I had more than enough saved to buy a P* infact my money had been saved for a custom made Tac PTW but I chose this. Done AEGs, had training weapons. What I spent on this along with the new base weapon left me plenty of money left to buy other goodies for it.

• Supporters

Yes, there are a lot more settings as well, very confusing as well as constant battery drain. They all have pros and cons

Well it would appear that e US supplier I got my plugs from was wrong about the delivery time. So I pay TheGrange £26 for a plug so I can get my SMP running and today my two new plugs arrive lol... Not bad turn around

• Supporters

yeah total joke isn't it by the grange only got it as the delivery delay was made out to be longer and wanted to check that my SMP actually worked......

• Supporters

So I have been playing with my SMP yesterday and been doing some research on this. So at the moment mine is using more air than I imagined which got me thinking. So it appears using an SMP in a CBQ sized M4 is a bad thing shorter the barrel more air has to used and it would also appear the tighter the barrel more air is used as there's less room for the air to travel. Mine has also developed an issue with the Full auto mode, after troubleshooting this fault I found there's a number of issues to look at the rule everything out, mine was simply the ROF was to high as in full it would only fire 1 BB then just blast air out but if it weren't thr ROF I'd have to strip the weapon down and clean the solenoid and lube the air nozzle which I am going to do anyway. Now with this system being kinda new finding videos or answers on how to do a strip down and clean is NONEXISTENT so I will do this but being unsure of this I am not sure how this will turn out but if all goes well at least they'll be one video out there for owners of this kit. I will be doing a full review of pros and cons of this system in the next few days as there's afew things that need pointing out and it will be good to show people a close up of the FCU and some functions. Unfortunately I won't be doing a fire test as until I've taken it apart and cleaned/lubed it all I don't want to run the risk of causing any damage but testing video will follow more than likely of it being used on a full game day to see how it actually runs out in the field.

• Supporters

Check out bingo airsoft works he strips it down completely. Hope you fix it :)

I can't find the video buddy. Can only see two which are reviews. :-(

Well he does a review of it, but I think he takes it all apart in the review, it's a seriously I depth review aim sure he takes it all apart. It's about 20 mins long.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.