S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Loadout - Easy or Difficult?

Hav0c

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

OD, IMO.

That pouch is a Soviet VDV (paratrooper) mag pouch. It is belt mounted on simple loops, so unless you do some stitching you will not be able to swap it for 1 of those Swedish pouches - it would have to go on the belt. I'm not so sure the Swedish gear is really the way to go - it looks to me as if those front pouches form part of the load carrying harness, so the straps may be too short to attach to the belt directly.

If you like the look of that Soviet style you could go with the full on RD-54 paratroopers kit, or a Soviet portupeya, which is the faux leather (pu coated canvas) Y-strap and belt.

If you like the look of that Soviet style you could go with the full on RD-54 paratroopers kit, or a Soviet portupeya, which is the faux leather (pu coated canvas) Y-strap and belt.

Yeah, I want to try and get as many opinions as possible on this impression as I haven't actually played the game myself, only watched a few gameplay video's.

The RD-54 pack and that Portupeya belt & braces combo seems like a fabulous idea but how much would it all actually cost as I'm on a bit of a budget.

• Supporters

Yeah, I want to try and get as many opinions as possible on this impression as I haven't actually played the game myself, only watched a few gameplay video's.

The RD-54 pack and that Portupeya belt & braces combo seems like a fabulous idea but how much would it all actually cost as I'm on a bit of a budget.

Never would have guessed ;)

The thing with STALKER is that very little of the gear they use is blatently "soviet". There's no Gorkas that's for sure. Have a look through the Stalker Wiki http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_armors and the Stalker.pl facebook page https://www.facebook.com/StalkerPL?ref=ts&fref=ts for pointers.

If you're going for the cheap/easy route then an M65 (in tan if you can find one) and a pair of blue tracksuit bottoms would be the quickest way to get there (although the Bandit jacket in game is supposed to be leather but similar in style to the M65).

Not to say you can't have fun with it and do a "post apocalyptic Russian" loadout, just that STALKER has a very specific look.

I'm actually almost there with the generic look once the essential items of clothing are ordered.

I will probably also buy the Portupeya that Ian linked and that AK belt pouch and with the retro military type backpack I have already should be on the way.

I had a quick read through the STALKER wiki and I need to source some Loner patches now, anyone know where to get them?

• Supporters

I had a quick read through the STALKER wiki and I need to source some Loner patches now, anyone know where to get them?

ebay

• Supporters

I bought a skull patch that is from stalker a while ago but ive just had a search in my email and i cant find the receipt so i'm afraid i cant remember where i got it from. I suspect it was one of the bigger Russian equipment sites though: soviet-propaganda / sovietarmystuff / soviet-military but it could have been somewhere like airsoftpeak.

If you find MCG The Gaol on fb they are having a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weekend soon so you should be able to find out by asking on their group page.

Hav0c if you want to go the M65 route I'd recommend the Austrian Surplus M65 jackets. Goretex lining on them and heavier cotton than their counterparts,also abundant in Ukraine so can be accurate to Stalker lore if you will. Cheap too,got mine for 20~ euro or so,the go for less than 30 pounds in most surplus stores. Couple with some decent tracksuit bottoms or baggy jeans or work jeans and you can get started on an accurate look. Should match well with the rest of the kit you plan

Couple with some decent tracksuit bottoms or baggy jeans or work jeans and you can get started on an accurate look. Should match well with the rest of the kit you plan

The thing is though, I would just look like your average hire player at my site if I wore tracksuit bottoms, as that's all the hire players seem to wear when they turn up.

Also, I'm not going for the bandit look, in fact I really dislike the bandit look as it is just the generic 'russian/eastern bloc baddie' look.

The thing is though, I would just look like your average hire player at my site if I wore tracksuit bottoms, as that's all the hire players seem to wear when they turn up.

Also, I'm not going for the bandit look, in fact I really dislike the bandit look as it is just the generic 'russian/eastern bloc baddie' look.

True enough. I personally like the look of experienced Loners,If I had the time and money I'd definitely make a SEVA suit. Looking back at your start on Page two it looks very good as a base already. A satchel bag coupled with either an ALICE rig,or one of like some of these rigs here should really bring it up to look good

http://az321826.vo.msecnd.net/6296bc8112c245309be1258f3a08eb6a/Images/Products3659-500x500-108844.j Nice and low profile- Often used by Stalker cosplayers since it like to cling to you more keeping a low profile which makes it more accurate to the characters in the games

http://www.operator7airsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Vodoo-Tactical-Chest-Rig.jpg - Could look good if you want to go for the Military Stalker look or Duty and Freedom troops from Clear Sky onward who use Berill 5M suits

http://www.shortyusa.com/cart/images/2660.jpg - Could do for a loner looks or military look again,if worn nice and high- But wear all these rigs how you see fit,character models in Stalker can look pretty silly with all the rigs tight up to the chest and uncomfortable for some IRL

Often the chest rigs seen in Stalker seem to cling to your abdomen area and be looser and bulkier up top at the chest. Don't forget the obligatory GP5 or GP7 Gas mask which you can stick onto one of your shoulders for the look. Also,patches! Find which faction patch looks the best for you and get some made for you.

EDIT: Went on Paint.net and mocked up a very quick sketch of a concept of kit on your current Stalker base. I'd say your base kit is top notch for a loadout

zpTzYQE.png

Often the chest rigs seen in Stalker seem to cling to your abdomen area and be looser and bulkier up top at the chest. Don't forget the obligatory GP5 or GP7 Gas mask which you can stick onto one of your shoulders for the look. Also,patches! Find which faction patch looks the best for you and get some made for you.

EDIT: Went on Paint.net and mocked up a very quick sketch of a concept of kit on your current Stalker base. I'd say your base kit is top notch for a loadout

zpTzYQE.png

OH! crude photoshopping if there ever was.

I like the idea of a chest rig, but they don't seem to like the idea of me unfortunately. This is why I'd be more inclined to get one of the best rigs/webbing that have been mentioned previously in this thread.

I also will probably purchase the gas mask to hang off of me, but what's the best way of attaching it?

I also will probably purchase the gas mask to hang off of me, but what's the best way of attaching it?

Stitch a PLCE utility strap to your jacket's shoulder. You can tighten the strap around the mask/through any grab handles, and trim the non-buckled end to size easily.

plce-utility-strap1-new.jpg

IMO that chest rig is a bit too MOLLE-ish for an Eastern themed loadout full stop. A proper fixed pouch kind such as a Lifchik would be ideal

I'll pick up one of those straps as soon as then!

Yeah that's another reason I'm put off chest rigs for this impression. I would love a lifchik for this also as they do seem to fit in well with the games scenario's and also blend in with the loadout, but they are a little expensive if you factor in the postage from RU

There are many Russian and Soviet rigs that can be accurate to the Stalker series. Zhuk,Lifchik,Lazutchik,M23 Pioneer,Nerpa and Kameleon. Kameleon in particular looks a lot like the rig found on the Berill 5M suit .

. kamizelka-kameleon-oliwk_10803.jpg

Check out Frontowiec as I and a few others mentioned before,very good selection of things for good prices however due to recent events Russia doesn;t exactly want to export it's military stuff to Europe so a lot of kit's out of stock

• Supporters

^^That's a great looking rig, Alex, but the ammo pouches are for AS VAL etc, so if he wanted to carry an AK he'd be restricted to those 220rnd short AK hicaps, which look fine, but are hicaps thus pants...

Dammit, mind like a sieve! I meant to say, GP-7's have straps on the back so they can be hooked through any chest rig shoulder strap.

Edited by Ian_Gere
why bad / gas mask straps

There are many Russian and Soviet rigs that can be accurate to the Stalker series. Zhuk,Lifchik,Lazutchik,M23 Pioneer,Nerpa and Kameleon. Kameleon in particular looks a lot like the rig found on the Berill 5M Suit.

I'll give those rigs a google and check out prices etc and possibly pick one up if I like the look of it.

Thanks for all the help with this thread, you guys have been great!!

• Supporters

Apologies for double post here.

Thinking about the SRC Tokarev, but don't have a clue what it's like?

Has a bad reputation for failure. There is a known fault with the mag feed lips which break very easily unless you extract/replace the mag in exactly the correct way (which is all very well in your living room, but under pressure during a skirmish it's quite possible to break well designed, robust kit, let alone something which is dodgy) - some sellers specifically say that their warranty does not cover the ag feed lips.

My research suggests that, taking everything into consideration, the WE is probably the best Tokarev out there.

The reason I don't yet have one is because i spent a long time trying to work out if it would be worth buying a Gratch and modifying it for skirmish use and then, when i decided that the results just weren't worth the effort, I spent the money on night vision - couple of months and i will get one.

Edited by Ian_Gere
excuses lol

Didn't even know there was a WE Tokarev out there!

There's also the KWA one for a little more - managed to pick one up for £80 a while back but sold it as 10 round mags were £25 each.

Anyway here's part of my stalker loadout - missing my back pack, Tokarev holster and respirator but you get the idea:

That looks pretty good, and the KZS jacket looks a lot better as part of the overall impression than I thought it would in my head.

Possibly a solution to the respirator would be to get one of those half face painters rebreathers which I think I'm going to do. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they are more practical for in-game use than a full on Gas Mask. If I go down that route then I'll probably just pick one up to clip on anyway for the effect.

• Supporters

And Bolshevics patch - good man yourself!

My latest piece of insignia:

IMAG0293.jpg

...which I bought to play Ukrainian military at the MCG The Gaol S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weekend,

but I've had to cancel my place, because I'll never be fit enough for a whole weekend by next Friday. Still, I should be returning to the field on the 11th and i'm going to give a whole bunch of that new gear a debut.

What about an ALICE web set with an AK pouch on it, that seems pretty scavenger-like and also fits the colour scheme of the impression.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.