S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Loadout - Easy or Difficult?

Hav0c

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think I've spoken to you about that CYMA AK before, Ian, and it does seem like the best value for the money and users reviews online seem to rate it pretty highly.

My only question on that rifle would be, are there any side folding stocks available for it to turn it into an AKS-74?

I've seen the G-03 before, but I also seen the G-04 which is the shorter barrelled version and wondered how it would look with the standard flash hider instead of the 74U flash hider?

• Supporters

+1 on the cm045. I have one and it is bombproof. Bank on a better hop though.

• Supporters

I think I've spoken to you about that CYMA AK before, Ian, and it does seem like the best value for the money and users reviews online seem to rate it pretty highly.

My only question on that rifle would be, are there any side folding stocks available for it to turn it into an AKS-74?

I've seen the G-03 before, but I also seen the G-04 which is the shorter barrelled version and wondered how it would look with the standard flash hider instead of the 74U flash hider?

The standard AK skeleton folding stock requires a different receiver, it's not a bolt on option. I know what you mean though - I prefer the AKS-74 look too. On a cheap tip, there is a D-Boys RK-03WS, but you will probably want to either refinish or replace the wooden handguards because they look like a 70's shelving unit and the gearbox may not last long either, in fact the hop unit is probably shite as well - you know what? Better to think of it as a body kit and build the internals yourself, but the steel has a very good reputation. It is still likely to be cheaper than buying either an LCT body kit, or whole LCT gun (but don't buy any of the economy ones from fire-support b/c they are body kits with any old random bollocks for internals - you'd be better off building it yourself).

Or, you could get the CM.048 and swap the receiver for a D-Boys one because they are both VFC clones so it should fit.

I have a standard AK-74 flash hider on my AKS-74U because i hate those funnel stylee an ting. I think it looks cool:

q2da.jpg

Depends how you feel about being sneered at by purists.

I have a standard AK-74 flash hider on my AKS-74U because i hate those funnel stylee an ting. I think it looks cool:

q2da.jpg

Depends how you feel about being sneered at by purists.

Well TBH, the AK purists know where to get to if they sneer at me for mix 'n' matching an AK while wearing a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. inspired loadout as it would be expected from a post nuclear disaster survivor.

Better to think It is still likely to be cheaper than buying either an LCT body kit, or whole LCT gun (but don't buy any of the economy ones from fire-support b/c they are body kits with any old random bollocks for internals - you'd be better off building it yourself).

Or, you could get the CM.048 and swap the receiver for a D-Boys one because they are both VFC clones so it should fit.

I think the Dboys body/CYMA internals route sounds fun and interesting. Its a shame I'm about as good with Airsoft internals as King Kong is with chopsticks though and would probably butcher the job.

Also, I'm assuming the 'economy' LCT's are listed as that on fire-supports website and it isn't relying on you reading the small print?

• Supporters

Yeah, they are listed as economy versions. I sent the one i bought back because it was struggling to reach 35m with a flat trajectory.

If you're unsure about being able to fit internals, then you can learn a lot by watching you tube tutorials - it's not like you have to build a gearbox though: you can buy 'em ready to rock. So the next most fiddly bit is fitting a rubber to barrel and getting it into the hop unit with the nub in place. It may take a few goes at it, because there is a knack, but it's nowhere near as fiddly as getting a GB shell back together.

If you think about it though, using a D-Boys VFC clone as a body kit for CYMA internals ends up with about the same thing as swapping the receiver of a CM.048 for a D-Boys (Boyi) AKS-74 one and then all your bits are there ready, you just have to undo the body pin and a couple of screws. TBH, if it wasn't for the fact that i love the refinish job i've done on my CM.048 Morena's furniture, I'd do that meself - I may yet do it with another one. Although I suspect i'll buy an LCT body kit in the end and build the guts of my dreams in it.

Or... would it be even easier to get a CM .040 and source a wood hand guard for it, because that's really all the AKS-74 is, isn't it?

Or am I just being a dum dum?

• Supporters

Or... would it be even easier to get a CM .040 and source a wood hand guard for it, because that's really all the AKS-74 is, isn't it?

Or am I just being a dum dum?

If you want to be true to the games, you want polymer furniture anyway: http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Akm_74/2

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/cm-040-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19 on promotion at Taiwangun at the minute too http://www.taiwangun.com/en/cm-040-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19

So I'm assuming that this particular CYMA is actually pretty good. (I know nothing of CYMA AK's but I've heard the higher numbers are better)

That CM .040 is looking like a shout.

• Supporters

Well yeah, but the CM.040 is a TM clone, not a VFC clone, and the latter is a lot nicer to hold.

• Supporters

Just saw this while I was looking for something else. Holy fahook, it's be amazing for a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. loadout!

Edited by Ian_Gere
put link on wrong word doh!

• Supporters

Bro, do you even cheeki breeki?

Find the stalker.pl page on Facebook. It's all in polish but there's some fantastic stalker loadout pics!

Having done a little research, I can see that the LR300 appeared in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series under the name 'TRs 301'. Am I right in thinking because of this, a Stalker themed loadout with one would technically be authentic? Or is it just capitalist blasphemy :D

Tbh the MP5 and L85 are in the games too under aliases, so there's quite a few options...

Indeed, Lozart, it is all about the outfit.

Yes the weapon is authentic but it's all about the outfit.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can purchase: (A) Gorka 1 jacket on its lonesome, or, (B) the perfect OD hooded jacket on the cheap?

Also, as a third option, I was thinking, would it be worth while grabbing some sort of light coloured smock on eBay and having a bash at dying it OD?

I might have a bash at a Stalker loadout. I have an old NATO M65 cut cold weather jacket that could work pretty well for it

Are they hooded or not?

Yeah, it's got a hood zipped away into the collar:

Nzu2JEm.jpg?1

Sweet! That means all I need now after that are knee pads, gas mask and some pouches for AK mags once that gets purchased.

Struggling to find a jacket for this impression guys.

The M65 jacket is a decent option, but I'd like something a bit more Russian.

What do you think about a KZS or KZM suit and only use the jacket?

Or even if any of you know where to get a Gorka jacket on its own?

If you're after Russian gear try Frontoweic - Polish so the prices are dirt cheap. Even including postage.

Like I said previously - I run a kzs jacket as part of my loadout, will try to get pics up if this thread is still active when I get back home.

Why not wear full on Ukranian underpants?

'Cause Chernobylfallout :P

If that wasn't a "dad" joke then I don't know what is. *facepalms*

But anyway... I may have found an extremely cheap solution to the load bearing problem I've been facing with this loadout. Basically an old Swedish webbing set (£12) with one of those quad AK74 pouches - I think they're around Afghan War period? - which are from eBay at around £20. What I was thinking of doing was moving the two pouches which come with the web set to one side and having the mag pouch on the other to give the "scavenger" look.

Webbing: http://www.goarmy.co.uk/combat-gear/tactical-vests/swedish-army-vintage-webbing-system-prod

Pouch: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Russian-Soviet-Canvas-AK47-AK74-Magazine-4-Mag-Kalashnikov-Belt-Pouch-Bag-/131298410337?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item1e91febf61

EDIT: May have also now found the perfect jacket for this loadout. It's some cheap, unbranded, china-made jacket with a hood, but I'm undecided on OD or Khaki for which would look better as a S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

post-6853-0-22690300-1412194438_thumb.jpg

post-6853-0-52308900-1412194448_thumb.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.