S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Loadout - Easy or Difficult?

Hav0c

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

When I get my CM045a, I'm gonna cable tie some torch to it...

Ah the ratty ak :)

Sniper tape would have a much more stalker-ish effect, cable ties would be rare in the Zone and kept a hold of to use as DIY handcuffs :P

Tape? what is this,generic American apocalypse movie? Weapon smiths of the zone great skill have,they can into welding and machining- Your grand to attach a rail and a torch to the gun- But It would be even cooler to weld on a torch mount or something.

• Supporters

Most of the gear I'm selling in this thread is still available. Some of it is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-esque. I'm away from home until next weekend though, so postage would have to wait until next Monday.

Found a Slovakian M97 Parka on the cheap, wondering how it would look with the impression and need some opinions.

post-6853-0-48938100-1412703154_thumb.jpg

^^ and yes, I know, he looks a bit like a serial killer.

• Supporters

^^The love child of Slobodan Milosevic (sp?) and Norman Bates... why not?

I'm going to sell my Soviet-Afghan War era RD-54 soon, because I've just bought another one which I hope is in better condition. It looks like this, but with repairs:

plecak-rd-54_16597.jpg

...and light rust.

Here they are out of stock on frontowiec - inc shipping (35 PLN) = 234 PLN or £44 so i'll do mine for £35 posted.

£35 including postage? Done! Haha

Seriously, if you're shifting it I'll take it off your hands mate

• Supporters

^^Yeah, no problem - i'm away from home until the weekend and also i want to wait for the new one to arrive so i can choose which one to keep. It's coming from within the UK though so i should have it by next Tuesday. I'm pretty sure I haven't photographed mine, but i'll have a look because, as i say, there are repairs so you'll want to see exactly what you're getting.

Yeah, I don't have any photos of it right now, so it'll have to wait until the weekend.

^^Yeah, no problem - i'm away from home until the weekend and also i want to wait for the new one to arrive so i can choose which one to keep. It's coming from within the UK though so i should have it by next Tuesday. I'm pretty sure I haven't photographed mine, but i'll have a look because, as i say, there are repairs so you'll want to see exactly what you're getting.

Yeah, I don't have any photos of it right now, so it'll have to wait until the weekend.

Cheers mate :)

Just got my PBF in the post there and was wondering what the best way to clean the grit out of the inside of the mask would be?

Should I just steep it in warm soapy water or is there a better method?

• Supporters

The best stuff to use is made for latex fetish gear - clean and shine solution. Soap isn't good for latex IIRC - i think it makes it perish faster. I have a 1/2L bottle of the kinky shit which I'm probably not going to get through any time soon, so I could do you a small amount in an atomiser for say £2.50 posted in with the RD-54 package. I use a J cloth to apply it and wipe any dirt it liberates from the mask off and another clean one to apply some more and polish it.

• Supporters

The best stuff to use is made for latex fetish gear - clean and shine solution. Soap isn't good for latex IIRC - i think it makes it perish faster. I have a 1/2L bottle of the kinky sh*t which I'm probably not going to get through any time soon, so I could do you a small amount in an atomiser for say £2.50 posted in with the RD-54 package. I use a J cloth to apply it and wipe any dirt it liberates from the mask off and another clean one to apply some more and polish it.

It's just silicon spray. And yes, I know in the exact way you're all thinking. Torture Garden is ace.

• Supporters

Are you going to the Halloween Ball? I'm not fit this year, but it is way better than ace, ffs!

• Supporters

Are you going to the Halloween Ball? I'm not fit this year, but it is way better than ace, ffs!

Haven't been for a while. TG was always a "class a" night and that's not me anymore.

My load of M65 kit arrived from Ukraine today and I'm picking it up tomorrow- Should be a nice start to my STALKER/Roadside picnic like impression. I need to grab a Gas mask and some Faction patches though-Otherwise I'd say it would make a decent 'base'

I managed to clean all the grit and dirt out of the inside with a damp cloth as it just all stuck to it and now it's not bad. But if a struggle getting the filters in though and the holes for the little buttons have shrunk and I can't push them back through.

Unrustle_Thine_Jimmies, my M65 looks pretty good with my faded flecktarn trousers and knee pads. Not tried it all on together yet though, still need to have a lil' game of dress up and scare the sh*t out if everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

My CYMA cm.048 & cm.048s arrived today from Taiwan Gun. Both are bloody beautiful to say the least!

Also very solid, magnet sticks to almost everything and there's not really any bad wobble anywhere. Even the mags are steel

Both are also firing true and had no feeding issues from the 6 spare mags were ordered either.

I'm now looking forward to trying on my full impression complete with rifle and posting a few pics on here of it!

Good to hear you got the rifles wih no issue mate. :)

• Supporters

^^I hadn't noticed last time I looked at these pics, Alex, but what you really need is a tactical lurcher!

How would...

German dark Flecktarn parka

Black trousers

Gas mask

Chinese AK chest rig

Walking boots

...work all together? I think it could look pretty nice in respect to the early game rookie look, which I really like the scrappiness of as opposed to the military personnel look.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.